Last Updated: August 15, 2017
Capital Beltway League Heat Activity Guidelines
CODE GREEN: NO RESTRICTIONS
CODE ORANGE: Modified Practice schedule.
1. No helmets or shoulder pads can be worn before 7:00pm.
2. Water breaks must be given every 20 minutes.
3. No form running drills will be allowed.
4. All practices will be limited to only two (2) hours
5. Symptoms of any adverse health conditions shall immediately terminate any player’s participation in practice.
CODE RED: NO PRACTICE
The Capital Beltway League is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth football organization, comprised of community based Youth Sports Clubs located in Washington DC and the Prince Georges & Montgomery County areas of Maryland.
The Capital Beltway League was founded and incorporated in 1969 by Max Cunningham, Dwight Schum and Michael Weed in Montgomery County, Md. Their goal was to combat juvenile delinquency by organizing, establishing, promoting and supporting team sports for youngsters.
The Capital Beltway League is comprised of volunteers providing competent leadership and positive adult mentors. Our volunteers teach the fundamentals and mechanics of youth football to youths aged between 5 to 14. There is an emphasis on team play, “esprit de corps”, sportsmanship and a healthy competition within the league.
Our primary objective is to provide the essential guidance and tools necessary to develop positive social values, resilient character traits and to instill a desire and ability to compete fairly, to be courageous in defeat and the humility to win with grace.