Welcome to the home of the
Delaware Post 1 Baseball
Good Luck to our current and former players beginning college seasons this month
Chris Ludman - University of Delaware
Matt Danz - Wilmington University
Ryan Bradigan - Wilmington University
Brett Nowell - Wilmington University
Brock Nowell - Florida Atlantic University
Chris Kramedas - Washington College
Dan Mersman - USciences
Dan Murphy - Susquehanna University
Jeff Gillis - Goldey Beacom College
Joe Poma - Eastern University
Joey Cautillo - Wilmington University
Luke Wilhelm - Delaware Tech
Matt Schubert - Delaware Tech
Mike Awtry - University of Delaware
Mike Serafin - Coker College
Mike Sorowice - Cairn University
Oliver Campbell - Dartmouth College
Out-of-State Schedule set for 2018!
Delaware Post 1 had finalized its non-league slate of games for 2018. We are excited to announce the following games:
- Home vs. Downingtown Diamond Dogs (PA Post 475), Monday 6/11 at Salesianum, 6:00pm
- Away at Boyertown Bears (PA Post 471), Friday 6/22 at Boyertown Bear Stadium, 7:00pm (overnight trip, play Westlawn next day)
- Away at Westlawn Owls (PA), Saturday 6/23 at Owls Field at Ted Palka Park, 12:00pm
- We will also be defending our title in the Frederick, MD Wood Bat Tournament 6/29 - 7/2 (game times/sites TBD, 4 game guarantee, followed by Semis and Championship
New Rules for 2018
American Legion baseball is updating pitch count rules nationwide beginning in 2018:
- A pitcher can throw a max of 105 pitches in a day (down from 120 in 2017)
- 1-30 pitches in game requires 0 days rest
- 31-45 pitches in game requires 1 day rest
- 46-60 pitches in game requires 2 days rest
- 61-80 pitches in game requires 3 days rest
- 81+ pitches in game requires 4 days rest
- Pitchers may only make two appearances in any three consecutive days. Players will be charged with two appearances if they leave the pitching position and return as a pitcher in the same game.
Also new this year:
- All postseason games (State tournament, Regional tournament, and World Series) will be 7 innings starting in 2018.
- Courtesy runners for pitchers and catchers now allowed.
- Re-entry is allowed.
Post 1 ends season in Leesburg, VA
Post 1 ends the 2017 season with a 34-6 record, a state title, a regional berth, and a lot of pride in this season's players and accomplishments.
Thank you to all the new Post 1 alumni. Good luck in college and in the rest of your baseball careers. You are always welcome back in the dugout.
- #2 - Joe Poma (Eastern University baseball)
- #8 - Dave Mongeluzi (University of Delaware)
- #9 - Luke Wilhelm (Delaware Tech baseball)
- #10 - Dan Murphy (Susquehanna University baseball)
- #12 - Matt Schubert (Goldey-Beacom College baseball)
- #13 - Brock Nowell (Florida Atlantic University baseball)
- #14 - Mike Serafin (Coker College baseball)
- #17 - Dan Mersman (University of the Sciences baseball)
- #21 - Sean Gilardi (University of Delaware)
- #24 - Oliver Campbell (Dartmouth College baseball)
Mid-Atlantic Regionals results:
Day 3: Again Post 1 overcame an early 4-0 deficit, but fell to host Leesburg, VA in 11 innings 9-8.
Day 2: Despite overcoming an early 7-0 deficit, Post 1 fell to NJ champion Hopewell Post 339 by a score of 11 - 9.
Day 1: Delaware Post 1 defeated Albemerle Post 74 (VA state champs) 5-2 on Day 1 of the Mid-Atlantic Regionals in Leesburg, VA. Matt Danz threw a complete game shutout, striking out 7. Oliver Campbell had a 2 RBI single. Michael Cautillo had a double and scored 2 runs. Mike Serafin also doubled and scored on a Dave Mongeluzi RBI single.
2017 STATE CHAMPS!!!
Delaware Post 1 won it's first state championship in 17 years on Friday, coming from behind twice to defeat the Post 10 Generals 10-9 at Wilson Field.
Post 1 will advance to the Mid-Atlantic regionals in Purcellville, VA, which begin Wednesday 8/2. Post 1 will be taking on Virginia state champ Albemarle Post 74 Wednesday at 4:00pm at Fireman's Field.
Day 1 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 8th seed RC Dupont 19-4
Day 2 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 5th seed Smyrna 8-0
Day 3 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 2nd seed Fox Post 2 10-4 (article: http://delawarestatenews.net/sports/fox-post-2-falls-post-1-american-legion-state-tournament/)
Day 4 - Delaware Post 1 defeated 4th seed Stahl Post 30 13-3 (photos: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP026gMBM9NmMtTt-f8_5Me89grYsGrasDvQoiVF-J7X3d1VxUMe5q34mByXbMp5w?key=dzRNRWxWdXJvT09Ga0tPd2JZZ0ZnemJGU1dCUnJB)
Day 5 (Championship) - Delaware Post 1 defeated 3rd seed Christiana Post 10 10-9
The Donald F. Kimsey Most Valuable Player Award
Oliver Campbell - Tatnall School - DE Post 1
The State Tournament Most Valuable Pitcher Award
Matt Danz - DMA - DE Post 1
North Division Champs trophy presentation:
Post 1 wins 2017 Frederick Wood Bat Tournament!
Post 1 defeats Westlawn, PA 8-4 in the championship of the 2017 Frederick 4th of July Wood Bat Tournament. Down 4-3 in the top of the 7th inning of the championship game, Oliver Campbell singled to left with 2 outs, and then Dan Mersman doubled to the right center gap to score Campbell from first and tie the game to force extra innings. Dan Murphy put Post 1 ahead for good with a 2 RBI double in the top of the 9th. Jack Dubecq followed with an RBI triple and Michael Cautillo followed him with an RBI single to extend the lead. Matt Schubert picked up the win, throwing perfect 8th and 9th innings and striking out 3. Post 1 wins the 2017 Frederick 4th of July Wood Bat Tournament.
- Friday 6/30 - defeat Oneonta, NY 17-0
- Saturday 7/1 - defeat Glen Burnie, MD 14-1
- Sunday 7/2 - defeat Laurel, MD 5-4
- Sunday 7/2 - lost to Cecil, MD 8-7
- Monday 7/3, SEMIFINALS - defeat Crabfest, MD 14-2
- Monday 7/3, CHAMPIONSHIP - defeat Westlawn, PA 8-4 (9 innings)