- Welcome to the Diocese of Pittsburgh Soccer League!
- Follow the DSL on Twitter at @DSLPitt
May 9, 2016
The Spring, 2016 JV and Varsity Playoffs will consist of the top 4 JV and Varsity teams from each Section. The playoffs will be held on the below listed dates. If your JV or Varsity team will make the playoffs, please email Mitch Riehle with any conflicts with the dates below. Keep in mind that valid conflicts relate to school or parish events. If you are not sure if you will make the playoffs due to tie breakers, you can refer to the DSL Rule Book on the website.
Here is the Playoff Schedule:
- Tuesday, June 7th – Quarterfinals - Location TBA
- Wednesday, June 8th – Quarterfinals - Location TBA
- Thursday & Friday, June 9th & 10th – Quarterfinals - Founder’s Field, Route 910
- Saturday & Sunday, June 11th & 12th – Quarterfinals, Semi Finals, and Finals - LaRoche College
Developmental Tournament Registration
May 5, 2016
The Developmental Tournament is Saturday June 4th at Marshall Elementary in the North Hills. Registration is now closed.
Here are a few details about the tournament.
- The registration fee is $100.00
- Your Tournament team does not need to be the same team as your regular season team.
- The format of the Tournament is 5 v 5 (4 field players plus a goalie). The recommended team size is 8-10.
- Each team will play a minimum of 3 games, 20 minutes each. If you win your group, you will advance to the next round.
- It is recommended that you enter a team by grade, for example all 1st grade, all 2nd grade, etc. There will be four championships - 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade. If you do enter a mixed team, then 1st must play with 2nd and 3rd must play with 4th.
- If you enter a 1st/2nd combined team, they will play against similar teams in group play and might have to play a 2nd grade only team in the second round. Likewise, with a 3rd and 4th grade mixed team. They will play against similar teams in group play and might play a 4th grade only team in the second round.
- The total number of teams will determine the times of games and of the tournament. Here is an overview – the opening games will kick off at 8:00. The morning games will finish at approx.. 11:00. If you advance, you’ll have a second round game around 12:00, etc., etc. The more you win, the more you play but a good rule of thumb is 6-7 hours max at the field.
- The roster and money can be turned in the day of the Tournament.
Spring 2016 Dates
January 24, 2016
The key dates for the Spring, 2016 season are:
- 03/04/2016 - Registrations and Fees are due to Mitch Riehle
- 03/14/2016 - Teams may start practicing
- 03/23/2016 - Coaches Teleconference Call (One coach per team and all new coaches)
- 04/02/2016 - Opening weekend for games
- 03/24-27/2016 - Easter Weekend; NO SOCCER
- 05/28/2016- Final date for regular season games
- 06/04/2016 - Developmental Tournament - 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade Championships
- 06/09-12/2016 - DSL JV and Varsity Playoffs
Cameroon Football Development Program
January 31, 2015
The DSL is excited to work with the local leadership of the Cameroon Football Development Program to promote soccer locally and in Cameroon. The founder Justin Forzano, is a Wheeling native, where he played soccer at Wheeling Park High School, a graduate of Dayton University and is currently in graduate school at the University of Pittsburgh. Here is a link to their website. http://www.cameroonfdp.com/
Dick's Sporting Goods is the Official Sponsor of the Diocese Soccer League
For a complete schedule listing, click here!