- Remember to mention EBYA at Ferman Chevrolet when Purchasing a "new" car
- They will donate $200.00 to the league.
Welcome to the home of
East Bay Youth Athletics
Important Dates for Spring Season
Spring Season - Calendar of Events
- 05/17/14 Regular Season Games End
- 06/23/14 All Stars District Meeting
- 06/25/14 All Stars District Games Start
Picture Sales support EBYA!!
Click here for the Order Form.
Or, click the link below to view all of the details.
Photo magnets will be available in about 2 weeks. $5 each
NEWS FOR COACHES AND VOLUNTEERS
Calling All Coaches
Apply Now! Click here to complete your online Volunteer application. Applications need to be in for all who plan on coaching or even "just helping" on the field. If you know of anyone interested in being a coach or team manager for East Bay Youth Athletics please have them complete a volunteer application. Thank You!
IT ALL STARTS WITH VOLUNTEER APPLICATION!!Managers
-Volunteer Application with Background screening-Nays online or County coaching certification -Annual East Bay Coaching Clinic-CPRPicture for BadgeConcussion training
-Volunteer Application with Background screening-Nays online or County coaching certification -Annual East Bay Coaching ClinicPicture for BadgeConcussion training
Volunteers-Volunteer Application with Background screeningPicture for Badge
Concussion training (advised)
Dates and times for county coaching certification are listed online at hillsboroughcounty.org
Online option available at NAYS.ORG which also offers insurance coveragehttp://www.cdc.gov/concussion/headsup/online_training.html
East Bay Members Vote to Switch to Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth
East Bay Members overwhelmingly voted, 58-4, to switch our league affiliation from Little League to Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth. To most, the changes will not be noticeable, there will still be kids playing baseball. Organizationally, Little League was not providing us, as a larger park, the flexibility we needed to operate to serve our kids in the best manner. We are not alone, North Tampa, a park of over 900 kids, switched a few months ago, and Bloomingdale, a similar size park, will be voting in a week to make the switch as well. Our boundaries will be expanded which will also allow us to grow, especially in our Softball program.
This was not endeavor that we took on lightly. This was a project that spanned almost 2 years. We sought advice from many individuals from different eras of East Bay Little League's history. After researching this for themselves, and listening to presentations from Cal Ripken organization, they too, became convinced that it was in East Bay's best interest to make the switch now.
Please check out the website, www.ripkenbaseball.com for more information about the Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Organization.
This change will take affect January 1, 2014. We will be changing our name to East Bay Youth Athletics with a dba of East Bay Cal Ripken.
If you have any questions during this transition, please do not hesitate to contact a Board Member.
Please remember these things at all times around our park!
1. Drive slow and careful through the parking lot and do not block access paths or roadways. Improperly parked cars may be ticketed and/or towed.
2. Do not throw balls in congested areas.
3. NEVER swing bats anywhere except on the field or in a batting cage.
4. Pick up after yourself by discarding all trash. If necessary, games will be held up while we wait for the teams to pick up trash.
5. Be respectful of all coach and umpire decisions.
6. Foul language or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
7. Be patient while visiting the concession stand. If the line is moving too slow, help is needed. Please volunteer your services.
8. Cheer the successes of players, not the failures of their opposition.
9. The "Little League Experience" is a product of its participants, volunteers, and spectators. It takes all three working together with a common goal to maximize the "experience" for everyone.
10.Enjoy the season!
For a complete schedule listing, click here!
East Bay Youth Athletics