- We are a year round program. There is room for you to JOIN THE BULLDOGS TODAY!
- We don't play Zone. Join the Bulldogs & learn how to play Man to Man the right way.
- We run Bulldogs Read & React Motion Offense. It isn't "an offense", It's simply " Offense"
- Fall Registration is happening now. Space is limited. Don't Delay, Signup Today.
- We now take PayPal. Contact us to find out how to use this system with your PP Acct or credit card.
Limited Spring Space Avail Now, Summer Starting Soon
CLUB PHOTO OF THE 2007 SPRING BULLDOGS
SUMMER BULLDOGS FOR BOYS & GIRLS, COMING SOON
April 30, 2013
The spring session is coming to a close at the end of May. We currently have 22 teams playing including 3 girls teams and 3 HS Boys teams. Now, that said, summer is fast approaching so I wanted to bring you up to date on our upcoming summer program.
The first two official practices of Summer will be on Tuesday, May 21st and Thursday, May 30th, both at Harvest Park MS in Pleasanton. However, if someone already plans to play summer with us and wanted to start getting ready to play right now, we could bring you in to start learning the system and practicing with our Spring teams as a practice player right now.
Two advantages to becoming a Practice Player right now;
- You start learning our system immediately. Then, the next month and a half become like a twice a week basketball camp for you. And when Summer practice starts on May 21st and games start on June 15th, you are ready to hit the ground running. How much can you improve your skills in a month and a half? A lot.
- Returning Spring Players get priority when it comes to summer signups. Returning Spring Players are notified first and if they sign up by a certain date, they are guaranteed spots on the team. Then will fill the teams with new players. As a practice player, you will be given the same benefits a returning spring player would get. Meaning you would have that guarantee of being on a team if you sign up in time.
For summer, we will be practicing on Tuesday and Friday nights in Pleasanton (sched to be up on the calender soon). We expect to field 2 teams per grade on the boys side, 3rd grade through HS, as well as 1 team per grade for the girls, 3rd through 9th grade.
So, if you want to play summer basketball with us, shoot me an e-mail and I will get you our Summer informational letter. Then you can decide if you want to start today or start on May 21st. Thanks and I hope to see you all on the hardwood soon,
Full Prac & Workout Sched Up On This Site, See Calendar Link on Left
October 29, 2012
Our full practice schedule is available on this site at the "Calendar" link on the upper left side of the screen. The spring, summer and fall practice schedules have been up for months and today, we added the Winter Workouts to the calendar.
So, if you want to come workout with us or sign up to play summer, have a look at our practice schedule and then shoot Coach LeClaire an e-mail at PGLeClaire@comcast.net telling him you want in. He will make sure you get all the info to get signed up. Thanks and we look forward to seeing you on the hardwood.
The BULLDOGS NOW TAKE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS WITH PAY PAL
We are proud to announce that the Bulldogs have added PayPal to our site. This means if you have a PayPal account you can use that to pay any and all your session, tournament or uniform fees with. The exciting thing about this is that even if you don't have a PayPal account, you can use your credit or debit cards on this system. That means if you want to spread your payments out over a couple of months, you can now do that by simply using your Visa, MasterCard, AmEx etc. and paying it off over as it fits your budget.
The PP system is password protected so, if you want to use this system, call us or shoot us an e-mail saying you want to register with PP. Once you do that, we will guide you through our pay center and it's simple to use system.
New and Copy Cat Clubs
April 27, 2012
It seems there are a lot of new clubs popping up out there and I wanted to make you all aware of what's happening. If you are looking to join a club, there are plenty of good, reputable groups you can join, including this one. That said, you really need to educate yourself. With that in mind, it seems there are a couple of categories to these new groups you may want to be ware of:
1) Out of Towner's - These are the guys that see the Eastbay and mainly the Tri Valley as a place they can swoop in and either find some great local athletes or make a few easy bucks. They are probably guys that don't live here. Just come into the valley to coach. That's not us. We are local and are involved in our community. We coach CYO, we coach local HS and JC teams, we help out with all youth sports in the area. We support the tri valley and the local HS teams and they support us. We are you and you are us.
2) Ex Bulldogs - More than a few copy cat clubs have popped up of late. These are guys that used to have kids in our club, see what we do and think this is some sort of "plug and play" system we have developed that they can just go copy. It isn't. I coach 300+ games per year. I go to College Clinics. I meet with local HS and College coaches to make sure we teach what they value. I have had 27 Bulldogs play at the college level and hundreds in HS. This is what I do. Just because someone has watched what I/we do and tried to copy it, doesn't mean they can. Talk about copy cats, there is actually one new club out there that took my Introductory letter and basically read it verbatim on the front page of their website just inserting their name where it said Bulldogs. If they can't even write a letter on their own, how are they going to teach your kids anything???
3) The Disgruntled Dad - This is the guy that had a son that maybe didn't make our top team, so he got mad and left. And he didn't make the top team at the next team he went to, so he left again. And again and again and again. And finally, in an effort to put his son on the top team, he formed his own team and is trying to surround his son with talent. But when the team is formed, he will make sure his son is the PG, controls the ball and takes the majority of the shots. Truthfully, I have stood in huddles with my teams and said "Number "X" isn't their best player but his Dad is the coach so he is going to take the shot. Make sure we guard him." Anyway, this isn't us. In fact, my son doesn't play any more, he coaches with us. I don't have a son on a team so when I put kids on teams at skill levels it is simply based on our staff's assessment of that players current skill set.
In the end, I keep hearing about fights and refunds being demanded and head guys stepping down or being run out and new guys taking over and off shoot clubs stealing players and starting their own things and all sorts of drama surrounding these organizations. Honestly, you don't get that with the Bulldogs. Here, there is no drama, no in-fighting, no attempted "Coup D'eta's". Just success in teaching, learning, growing and getting better as players & young people. We've been doing this for 15 years with great success and will do it for another 15. Remember, if you pay for an old Ford Pinto, you get an old Ford Pinto, and if you pay for a new Red, White and Blue Ferrari... Well, you get the idea.
Anyway, as I said, there are a lot of reputable clubs out there but some not so reputable. Do your homework and find the right place for your kids. And if you choose us, I am sure you will like the results. New clubs will come and go, we aren't going anywhere. Hope to see you on the hardwood soon,
9 Red Wins Reno PNAAU Memorial Day Tourney
June 10, 2012
Congrats to 9 Red. They went up to Reno, NV for the highly competitive PNAAU Memorial Day Tournament and won their division. Pictured is the team with their families. The players and coaches are (back row of team) Coach David Persin, Ryan Costelli, Justin Weir, Steven Good, Nick Gilfillan, Wyatt Hanie, Coach Paul LeClaire. Front row of team, Zach Sigl, Colorado Bralts, Tyler Senna, Tournament MVP Tanner Wiese, Sam Persin and Goose Persin. Congrats guys, great job!
BULLDOGS 8th GRADE WINS MVP/SOLDIERS SPRING CLASSIC IN HAYWARD
May 10, 2012
Congrats to the Bulldogs Spring 8th Grade Select Team. They went out to the MVP/Soldiers Spring Classic at DreamCourts in Hayward CA and won the whole thing. Pictured are:
SECOND ROW - Cole Morrell, Miles Colwell, Coach David Persin, Blake Braden & Austin Weller.
FRONT ROW - Goose Persin, Ryan Day, Michael Wan, Jordan Gilmete & Krish Sharma
Not pictured, Michael Climent
GREAT JOB FELLA'S! You made us proud.
BULLDOGS 5th GRADE WINS 2011 FALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
November 1, 2011
Congrats to the Bulldogs 5th Grade Boys. They just won the MVP 5th Grade Fall league. The boys took 2nd place in the regular season, beat a good SportStrong team in the semi Finals and then beat Flight Elite in the finals to win the Championship. Great job guys.
Pictured Left to Right:
Back Row - Coaches Paul LeClaire, Tayo Oguns & Truc Tran
Middle Row - Wes Williams, Adam Cesana, Calvin Kamson, KJ Kayacan & Devin Krywe
Front Row - Tyson & Mitchell Payne, Brandon Leal, Jason Tran, Jacob Galvin & Yi Chang Kang
7 Red Wins 2011 Summer League Championship
Congrats to the Bulldogs Summer '11 7th Grade Red Team. They won the highly competitive MVP Summer League Power Championship. WAY TO GO FELLA'S! Pictured below:
Back Row: Coach Paul LeClaire Sr, Alex Castillo, Nick Lievre, Cameron Norfleet, Ken Tang and Coach Eric Bell
Front Row: Dan Newman, Goose Persin, Jaylen Dempsey, Jason Nugent and Mekhi Bell
2011 Spring 7 Red Wins Flight Division
June 1, 2011
Congrats to the Bulldogs 7 Red Spring 2011 team. They won the highly competitive Flight Division in the MVP Spring league
Pictured Left to Right: Ryan Day, Damon Wiley, Dillon Marks, Isaiah Floyd, Mitchell Briggs, Liam Steigerwald, Justin Catson,Blake Bradon, Jason Walsh, Michael Climent & Cole Morrell
Great Job guys!
8 RED WINS SPRING 8 POWER DIVISION
Congrats to the 8th Grade Red team. They ran through the MVP Spring League with a perfect 8 & 0 record and then won their 2 playoff games to combine a perfect Spring season with a league Championship. Way to go guys. Pictured left to right: Coach Paul LeClaire Sr., Sumner Houston, Anubov Murali, Kevin Silky, Kimo Maynard, Mason Farrell, Spencer Wood, Sean Anderson, Brandon Kirk, Jordan Farrell, Jassae Virk and Coach Paul LeClaire Jr."
The BULLDOGS ARE A YEAR ROUND BASKETBALL PROGRAM
The Bulldogs are a year round basketball program. We break our year into 4 segments or sessions. Spring (March through May), Summer (June through August), Fall (September - October) and Winter (November through January). Then we do tryouts for Spring in February and start again.
Here is the thing, while most folks join at the beginning of a session, you can join anytime. We simply pro rate your fees. You can also join mid session as a practice player, only coming to practice to get up to speed with what we do to get ready to play games with our highly competitive teams in the next session.
The bottom line is, if you want to be a Bulldog today, we can make it happen. Contact Coach LeClaire at PGLeClaire@comcast.net and he will help you figure out what is best for you right now.
Coach Negotiates Lower Equipment Costs
These days, we know money is tight for everyone. With that in mind, I went to our equipment suppliers and was able to negotiate some lower equipment costs for us that we want to pass on to you. It isn't much but it is something and as they say, "every little bit helps".
With this in mind, the new pricing will take place on all equipment orders going forward. I can't do anything on items already purchased because the club paid a higher price for that equipment and those costs have to be passed on. However, as your kids outgrow, wear out or lose stuff, these new prices should help everyone out.
Spring 10 & Under Red Team Takes 2nd in Reno
Congrats to the Spring 4th Grade Red team. They took 2nd place at the PNAAU Memorial Day Tournament in Reno Nevada. Great job fella’s.
Coaches – Stevon Jones & Paul LeClaire
Players (left to right) – Goose Persin, Jared Smart, Jessie Davis, Ryan Bartels, Timmy Falls, Will Leninger, Quinn Villanueva (kneeling), Tanner Wallace (black shirt), Jason Nugent & Jared Pagila
6-RED TAKES 2nd AT PNAAU RENO MEMORIAL WEEKEND EVENT
Congrats to our Bulldogs 6th Grade Red team on their 2nd place finish in the PNAAU Reno Memorial Weekend Classic. They played 5 games all over the greater Reno / Sparks area, loosing in the finals to a very good Charmichael Red Raiders team. Way to go guys! Pictured Left to Right - Coach Jeremy Braden, Teague Quinlan, Miles Colwell, Blake Braden, Ryan Day, Josh Dancy, Josh Lanos, Krish Sharma, Jeston Davis and Coach Jessie Davis
4 RED WINS MVP SPRING 4th GRADE LEAGUE
Congrats to the 4th Grade Red team. They were a perfect 8 & 0 in the highly competitive MVP Spring 4th Grade League. Then they kept their perfect season alive going 2 & 0 in the playoffs and winning the Championship. Way to go guys. Pictured left to right, Front Row: Nick Seto, Brandon Victoriano,Ryan Horgas,James Johnson,Justin Maislang and Robbie Kinnard.Back Row: Coach Paul LeClaire Sr.,Tyrique Owens, Jayden Gilstrap,Cole McMahon, Coach Paul LeClaire Jr. and Dillon Eplin"
Congrats Bulldogs 6th grade TourneyTeam!
Photo Top left Coach David, CJ Stafford, Marcus Acton, Coach Jeremy, Louie Arias III, Coach Louie
Second row Sam Persin, Tanner Wiese, John Dong, Blake Braden
Bottom Row Goose Persin, Michael Anastassiou
WAY TO GO TEAM!!!!!!!
The 6th grade tournament team went 3-0 in the East County Boys & Girls Club 1st Annual Shootout
on February 8th, winning 1st place while playing solid team basketball. Way to go guys!!!!!
A Year With The Bulldogs
We are so excited about the upcoming 2011 season. This year, we think we have something for everyone, from the player coming off the CYO, City League or HS season that wants to get a little to a lot better all the way to the player that wants to play for a serious, year round program.
For the player that wants to play one session a year because of your schedule or maybe you play other sports, our program fits your life. We have many kids play Spring or Summer only. We have other entire teams come in to take part in our Winter Workouts yet still stay together after Winter as a team.
However, for the elite player that wants the best, we feel our Red teams can give you what you need. If you were a Red team player that played Spring, Summer and Fall, your schedule would be Spring MVP league and Reno AAU Memorial Day event with 2 practices a week. For Summer, you would play the Summer MVP league and the West Coast Nationals in Vegas in Late July. For Fall, you would do the MVP Labor Day Event, play the fall MVP League and practice once a week. That is a total of 3 leagues, 3 tournaments, 45 games and about 70 practices. If that isn't enough high level basketball for you, I don't know what is.
Remember, we are a year round program meaning you can join any time to start preparing for the next league or tournament. You don't need to register at the beginning of a session. You could register today and we would simply prorate your fees and bring you in to start working out with the club to get you ready to play in games with us.
We believe the most important thing for the player interested in getting better is finding a great coach and sticking with that program. Playing tons of summer travel games, going to Nationals and Virginia and Houston and Vegas etc. is fun but it really isn't needed. You can find games here to get better at. Jumping team to team doesn't develop the player either. Great practice and good competitive games with great instruction in quality, fundamental basketball is the way to get better. We feel that is what we offer. I hope you want to give us a try.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!
||EASTBAY BULLDOGS BASKETBALL