NEW for this FALL!!
1) Expanded league format = more games (exact format depends on # of teams in each division-TBD based on numbers)
· All teams guaranteed a minimum of 6 games!!
2) Cheerleaders – if you have a child who would like to join our new cheerleading program – here is the chance!!
· Cheer techniques and movements as well as additional fundamentals will be taught
· Cheerleaders will perform in between the quarters and at half-time of each game
· Practice twice per week – taught by qualified instructors
3) Quality Equipment
· The Erie Youth Tackle Football League is constantly updating its large inventory of football equipment
· Enjoy utilizing the most up to date player equipment of any youth league in the area
4) Improved coaching staff
· All head coaches will be required to pass a football fundamentals and safety course by USA Football along with completing two online courses (Cardiac Wise & Concussion Awareness)
· All coaches will have proper clearances on file with the league
· Coach Mischler will supervise an annual free clinic for all athletes
Erie Youth Tackle Football League - Fall 2014 Session Information:
Youth Football: Ages 6-14
Mike Mischler is proud to announce his 20th session of the youth tackle football in Erie, Pa. Come and enjoy all of the passion, raw emotion, instruction and fun that youth tackle football has to offer. Players are taught to excel in a unique league/clinic format that teaches the fundamentals of the game.
Youth Football Details:
Equipment: Helmet, practice pants with pads and shoulder pads provided by EYTFL.
Divisions: (no overagers in divisions except in rare instances approved in advance by League Officials)
Pee-Wee (Ages 6–8)
Mighty (Ages 9-10)
Senior (Ages 11-12)
Varsity (Ages 13-14)
Must be this weight or less in full pads to play skilled positions (WR, RB, TE, etc..)
• Pee Wee: 85 lbs
• Mighty: 115 lbs
• Senior: 135 lbs
• Varsity: 160 lbs
Location: Cathedral Prep Events Center - Dollinger Field (501 West 12th Street)
Session Length: 10 weeks (3 weeks pre-season and games depending on number of teams in division and playoff seed). Teams practice twice per week. Each player is guaranteed a minimum of ten plays per game, however, this is a competitive league and player positions and playing time are not guaranteed beyond the ten play rule.
Youth Football League Features:
* 16 hours of PRE-SEASON practice time
* Smaller rosters equal more playing time
* Excellent instruction/coaching under the supervision of Mike Mischler, Cathedral Prep Head Football Coach
For More Information:
Contact Mike Mischler firstname.lastname@example.org, Chris King email@example.com or Scott Baldi firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2014 Session Information:
Start Date: August 24, 2014
Registration Deadline: August 23, 2014
Cost: $125 Registration Fee and $40 personalized jersey (players keep jersey at end of season).
* All registered players will have a non-refundable fee of $50.00 when you register. NO exceptions! Your balance will then be paid at the equipment distribution on August 24, 2014.
**NOTE - No refunds - partial or full - after September 14, 2014 - No exceptions
ONLINE REGISTRATION - ONLY 80 PLAYERS PER DIVISION ACCEPTED
Ages: 6-14 (as of 10/29/2014) *No overagers in divisions except in rare instances approved by League Officials
• Pee Wee (Ages 6-8)
• Mighty (Ages 9-10)
• Senior (Ages 11-12)
• Varsity (Ages 13-14)
Equipment Distribution: Sunday, August 24, 2014 -- Senior Division 12:30-2:00 p.m.; Mighty Division 2:00-3:30 p.m.; PeeWee Division 3:30-5:00 p.m.; and Varsity Division 5:00-6:30 p.m.
· You MUST be PAID IN FULL with proper paperwork (birth certificate, waiver liability form, and equipment borrowing agreement form with CC information) in order to get your pads – NO EXCEPTIONS
· You MUST get your pads on the assigned Equipment Distribution Date of August 24th in order to participate in the combine on August 31st
· No equipment will be handed out on the day of the combine
Players Evaluation/Combine: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at CPEC for Pee Wee 6:00-7:30 pm and Mighty 7:30-9:00 pm OR Thursday, August 28, 2014 at CPEC for Seniors 6:00-7:30 pm and Varsity 7:30-9:00 pm
Draft: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 (Coaches ONLY). Pee Wee 5:15-6:15, Mighty 6:15-7:15, Senior 7:15-8:15 pm and Varsity 8:15-9:15 pm all at CPEC in Coaches Office.
Practices: All at Cathedral Prep Events Center unless otherwise communicated
Pre-season Practices- 9/3 thru 9/20
* Each Team will have 14 hours of Pre-Season practice time.
*All games Sundays at CPEC
*PLEASE look at the calendar link to look at Practice days and times.