Last Updated: November 17, 2015
Join Our EMail List
Welcome to the home of the
Father Baker Soccer League
The opening weekend for all league games will be September 12-13. Please check the "Schedules" link for an updates or changes to the weekend's games.
Welcome to the 2015 season!
Welcome to the 2015 Father Baker Soccer League season.
Below is some important information to get ready for this season:
A. The season will begin the weekend of September 12-13.
B. League Fees: we have been successful in holding costs down in comparison to other sports in the Diocese. The cost for 2015 will be $150.00 per team.
Please submit a check made out to “Father Baker Soccer League” by no later than Friday September 18.
Checks can be mailed to:
Father Baker Soccer League, C/O Brian Drake, 4397 Rushford Drive Hamburg, NY 14075
C. Division Coordinators: Each of the Four age groups (Varsity, JV, 3rd-4th grade, and 1st-2nd grade) will have a separate Division Coordinator to assist with the administration of the League.
The Coordinators will come from participating schools, and the represented schools will rotate each season.
The Coordinators for 2015 will be listed soon:
D. Reporting of scores: the procedure for reporting scores will be the same as last season, summarized below.
This process is designed to eliminate delays in reporting scores that have happened in the past, and to give coaches an immediate opportunity to correct any mistakenly reported scores.
F. Field Locations: The locations for each age group are as follows:
H. Rules for 2015 Season:
1. No “borrowing” players: We are implementing a hard-and-fast rule that eliminates the use of “borrowing” players from another team. No players will be permitted to play for more than one team.
2014 Season Begins Sat Sept 13 2014
August 27, 2014
Welcome back for another exciting year of Father Baker Soccer.
Please remember the zero tolerance policy. We can not accept poor behavior from players, coaches, parents or visitors during our games.
This is a Catholic Elementary School League intended to promote positive behavior and sportsmanship. Please do everything in your power to act accordingly on and off the field. We may not always get the call we want, but screaming about it will not change the call.
As always please remember to clean up after your team do not leave a mess for someone else.
Schedules Will be posted once all teams are registered.
Father Baker Soccer League Rules
August 27, 2014
Father Baker League Rule Modifications
2. This is an elementary school function and therefore the use of alcohol and tobacco products is prohibited around children.
3. The league is divided into four co-ed divisions:
Mites 1st & 2nd grade.
4. No jewelry of any kind will be worn by any player. This includes: string bracelets, earrings, body piercing, hair clips- metal or plastic. Only cloth rubber bands will be permitted in a players hair. Soft headbands are allowed. No items may be taped over.
5. Younger players can move up a division and play; older players MAY NOT move down. ONLY students in grades 2,4,or 6 can move up. Players can only play on one team. If they move up they cannot also play down.
6. Younger players who are playing up a division MUST have a release form signed by a parent/ legal guardian and permission from your school principal, before stepping on the field to play. ANY team or coach caught not following this procedure is subject to league action or sanctions. Coaches you are responsible! No one wants to be a party to a lawsuit.
7. Each team will have their players in some sort of uniform, which can be as simple as t-shirts, which are to be numbered. Each player MUST wear the appropriate equipment (shin guards, soccer socks, &shorts.) If cleats are worn they are to be molded plastic.
8. The mite and peewee division teams play on a modified field. Number of players:
Mites: 8 field players and a goalie.
Peewee: 8 field players and a goalie
Jr. Varsity: 8 field players and a goalie
Varsity: 10 field players and a goalie
9. No one is allowed to stand behind the goal box for either team, for any reason during a game. It is a distraction for both goal keepers and shooters. Spectators, siblings, players and coaches are to be on the sidelines.
10. Gender Issue: RULE FOR ALL DIVISIONS FOR 2015 SEASON ONLY--There must be a minimum of 3 girls on the field at all times for Varsity games. There must be 2 girls on the field at all times for JV, mites and pee wee divisions.
11. In the event a team can not field the specified number of players, it is up to the coaches to work out a compromise. However if a team does not have the specified number of girls they will play a player short. (If they do not have enough girls to put on the field, the girls' spot can not be filled with a boy. They would then play with 1 less on the field than the other team.) The opposing coach with a full line up is under no obligation to play shorthanded, and may at anytime field a full team.
EXAMPLE: Team A is short handed, team B agrees to play shorthanded as well. Team A scores 2 goals, team B is well within their rights to put their player back on the field and not play shorthanded any longer.
If a team does not have enough girls they have to play a player short. The position can not be filled with a boy. IF BOTH TEAMS are short girls the COACHES MUST AGREE that each team play with fewer girls. BOTH TEAMS MUST BE SHORT GIRLS TO PLAY WITH LESS THAN THE RULE.
The League Administrators reserve the right to grant exceptions to this rule to accommodate schools that do not have enough girls signed up to play.
13. Game results will be reported by the winning coach by email to the Division Coordinator, with a copy to the opposing coach. The opposing coach will reply to all and either agree or correct the score. Coaches must report the scores as soon as possible, preferably no later than Sunday evening. Coaches may file game comments. (Subject to change)
14. If a team can not play a scheduled game, and does not contact the other team, AND referee co-ordinator Tom Finn to reschedule the game, that team forfeit’s the game to the opponent. The game WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED. (The best way to communicate with Tom is e-mail email@example.com).
Mites Ball: size 4
16. There is no overtime period for games that end in a tie during the regular season. Tie Breakers for Playoff season are as follows: If the game ends in a tie Two 5 min. overtime periods will be played. NOT SUDDEN DEATH! If it is still tied, a shoot out will take place. Each team will select 5 players, and they will rotate taking penalty kicks. If it is still tied each team will select a 6th shooter, then a 7th shooter, etc. until a winner is determined. NO PLAYER can shoot twice.
18. Mites will be allowed to re-do a bad throw in. One coach from each team in the mite division may be allowed on the field to help with the players development as long as they do not interfere with the play or intimidate any of the players. The referee at any time with or without cause may ask the coach to leave the field of play.
19. Cancellations: No team is to assume a game is cancelled, unless they are informed that decision was made by a referee. ONLY A REFEREE CAN CANCEL THE GAME!!!
20. Each school must complete a sign up sheet and submit it to the league with the number of teams they are entering in each division. This sign up sheet needs to also include the name and phone number (E-mail is optional, but preferred) of the schools Principal, Athletic Director, and designated school soccer contact. Each school must also complete and submit to the league a roster for each team they have entered in the league. The roster must include:
The coaches name, phone number and e-mail.
21. The school principal, and athletic director will be sent a copy of referee reports when unfavorable behavior has been conducted before during or after any game. This will be sent by the league, Tom Finn, Mark Molloy, or Brian Drake. Schools are requested to bring all concerns through the League, rather than trying to contact another school on their own, so an investigation can be conducted.
22. The school soccer contact will be: Invited to league meetings, contacted with questions, concerns, conflicts, or information to update on weather or field conditions, referee decision to cancel games etc. They will be expected to relay the information back to their schools teams, to ensure they are all notified.
23. Substitutions: There will not be any substitute or guest players allowed. If a 6th grader plays for the 7-8 grade team, he/she cannot play for the jv (5-6) team.
24. ALL COMPLAINTS and CONCERNS should be directed to Tom Finn, Mark Molloy, and Brian Drake who will have the final say in the dispute and decsions.
NO PARKING ON THE GRASS
September 1, 2012
Olmstead Parks has asked we remind everyone not to park on the grass at any of our field locations. PLEASE DO NOT PARK VEHICLES ON THE GRASS.
If anyone has any action photos or team photos of any of last years teams/ games please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org I will try to post them here!