Last Updated: February 14, 2017
Dr. Geoff Gonzales specializes in Pediatric Dentistry
906 Oak Tree Avenue Suite M
Week 8 - 2/5/2017
Week 7 - 1/29/2017
Enjoy this week's press release written by Steve Lee.
Week 6 - 1/22/2017
Jamal Berry's MUYC rankings - Week 6
Battle at the top, battle at the bottom, and some "He did what???" performances cause movement in this weeks M.U.Y.C.rankings
1. Size Matters - Let's officially throw Chris Bench Press Burke into the the R.O.Y race. That's R.O.Y. not ROID, shame on you for thinking that. He has vaulted Big Smooth's big boy squad into first place. Floor leader and last to the team dinner table, JPP (Jason Pompeo) is doing well balancing shooting and feeding the stable. The only team that can't get on the elevator at the same time is looking good. (Thanks for that one Dave, I had to use it)
2. Get Buckets - Great response to a loss. We beat a good Slamma Jamma team without their starting pg (pattern) and a bloody Greg Gordon Hayward who could only play about half of the game. As good teams do, we mercilessly defeated them. If we can get double doubles from the Gannon, we'll be tough to beat. Everyone's favorite pest, Mike Ruccio added offense and the usual scrappy D and boardwork. Brian Murphy who is Eric Snow (google him) with a 3 pointer also has played well. Ara's "Lockdown" defense has been inspiring.
3. Slamma Jamma - Attendance is a skill in this league but until the Y starts paying us instead of the other way around people will have other obligations. Has that been the reason for this team's losses? If so, Rich gets MVP votes because they've lost by a combined 36 points in the 2 losses without him. Good for you, Rich. He's probably hang gliding over an active volcano or something. Live your life, my man!
4. No Conscience - Not that he was anything less than good before but Steph Murray looks like Most Improved because he is killing. Another 60% 3 point shooting day actually brought down his percentage. If you're not talking Steph Murray in the huddle, you ain't sayin'...well you know the rest. Holley, the anchor had solid numbers with 8 and 8.Tim 50 shades of Gray continues to defy father time. Mathreena matched Murray in 3 point shooting today. This is the team you don't want in the 1st round of the playoffs.
5. Falcons - After jumping out to a 7-0 lead it was all downhill from there. This continues to be a mystery team with tons of talent but up and down performances as a unit. Troy "Boogie" Simms had 15 and 9!!!! Yes, I double checked with the scorer's table and the website entry person, it's true! I apologize, Troy. I should've been clearing out for you.
6. Hickory Hoosiers - Okay guys, slowly but surely. 3 double doubles is impressive. Geoff with his best Tony Parker impression (he's from San Antonio) and went bucket for bucket with scoring specialist, Warren. They have their eyes on a 2004 Piston balanced attack championship. Craig also had a big game with 14 and 11. New team name: Beauties and the Beast???
7. Flash n Bang - Brooklyn's finest, OG lit it up for 20 and league's leading scorer Warren Lowe continues to put up the numbers. However this is statistically the league's worse defense and it's costing them.
8. Drive n Dish - Have you ever just felt bad for a team? If there was some kind of 30 and over league make a wish foundation I would make sure they get Eric Lyght, Jack Ryan, Marlon Brown or Bryan Parker. Hang in there fellas, we're halfway there. They're IN every game though.
Week 5 - 1/15/2017
Enjoy this week's press release written by Steve Lee. Picture below was taken by Sophie Gannon (Kevin Gannon's daughter):
Week 4 - 1/8/2017
Happy New Year! We kicked off 2017 with a time shifted weekend. Here are pics from this weekend provided by Kevin Gannon. You can view all of this week's pics here.
12/18/2016 - Week 3
Thanks to Steve Lee for the Week 3 writeup. Please go here to enjoy the write up.
We'll see everyone January 8th when we get back to it on the court
Coach's Toast - 12/23 8pm Darby Road
The league is getting together for a drink at Darby Road this Friday 12/23 at 8 pm. Come out and toast the holiday season with your friends from the league.
12/11/2016 - Week 2
12/4/2016 - Week 1 games
Thank Our Sponsors!
If you use the services of any of our sponsors, please let them know that the league appreciates their sponsorship. If you end up using the services of a sponsor because you heard of them through our league, please let them know that as well. You can find a list of our sponsors here.
For a complete schedule listing, click here!