Background checks and new cuncussion tests must be completed by APRIL 15!!!
The Concussion Course is Mandatory for ALL head coaches and assistant coaches. Each coach will have to register with on the NFHS site and sit through a video and take a 5 question quiz. Upon completion, there is a certificate to print out and a completion code that is provided afterward on their NFHS profile page for that coach. That completion code must be written on the certificate. This course is FREE even though the site has you do a checkout. The certificate must be brought in with the rosters.
Here is the URL to the OGSO news page where both have links in.
About the law: http://www.healthyohioprogram.org/concussion
The background check has not changed.
Please follow the instruction below to complete this process:
1. Click on this link to start backgroud process: Background Check
2. On "What to Expect" screen, click GO
3. For organization, click OGSO Portage, 9991 Newton Falls Rd, Ravenna (IMPORTANT)
4. Click OGSO
5. Click NEXT
6. Fill out Personal Information, click NEXT
7. Fill out Credit Card Information, click NEXT
8. Review your information, click PLACE ORDER
9. Print "Congratulations" page and give it to your head coach to submit to G-ville Board for reimbursement.
One last step, you will need to email Danielle Jones (email@example.com) to let her know that you have completed your background check. Please include in your email the LAST 4 DIGITS of your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER so that she can match it with her background check report.
If you choose not to do a background check, then you will not be able to coach in the 2012 OGSO season. All coaches must have the check, not just head coaches. If you are in the dug out you need the check, no exceptions.