GUCS Academy Development Program
Who: Kids talented and/or enthusiastic about soccer, born in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
What: GUCS -Academy Development Program.
When: Winter Season (Thursdays: Jan 11, 18, 25 & Feb 1,8,15,22) from 6pm to 7pm
Where: Inside Spragg Elementary School in Egg Harbor City, NJ
(601 Buffalo Ave, Egg Harbor City, NJ 08215)
Why: The foundation of the ADP program places the greatest importance on player development. Our philosophy for success is based upon the following:
- Environment that is fun and instills a passion of the game.
- Environment that encourages risk-taking and creativity both in practice and in games.
- Environment that places individual players, not teams, central to all decision-making regarding training and competition.
- Environment where young players are exposed to a game that emphasizes skill development over team development.
- Development predicated on playing possession soccer, which requires highly technical skills.
- Development of complete soccer players that understand the game and all positions, possess technical skill, and work hard.
- Maximizing development by placing together the best and/or most committed players.
- Ensuring flexibility in game format so that learning takes precedence over game management and administration.
- Coaching through age appropriate demonstrations and activities versus drills to train technique as well as decision-making.
- Focusing on teaching correct technique – dribbling, ball control, passing, shooting, juggling, etc.
- Utilizing guided discovery teaching methods versus the command style, giving the game back to the kids and enhancing their problem solving abilities.
- Coaching through positive, constructive, brief, specific feedback.
- Utilizing Director of Coaching that govern all training for the U6-U10 Advanced Development Program, set seasonal and program curriculums, and oversee all player development in these vital ages. Ensuring a consistent long term development plan.
- Qualified, licensed, experienced staff coaches using a long term development plan and curriculum.
- Success is determined by learning and fun – not by scores and standings.
- Attracting families that look at the big picture, and will not leave the club as their kids improve. Finding the right fit.
Program Director: Kelvin Murray
6pm to 7pm all ages (2009, 2010, 2011)
Cost: $55.00 per player.
$75.00 per player (Non-GUCS member)
Any question contact Kelvin Murray at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All players will receive a t-shirt
*Players can wear indoor soccer shoes or sneakers (No turf or cleats)
*Must wear shin pads
*Bring ball and water bottle
Registration for Winter Training is closed!
We always need volunteer coaches for every season, please join us and help!!
*Coaches needed but kid safe carded is mandatory: please call the township at 609-652-8657 x3 to set up an appointment. (Process can take up to 3 weeks)
*Coaches needed but kid safe carded is mandatory: please call 609-652-8657 x3 to set up an appointment.
*Visit us on Facebook with updates and information at Galloway United Community Soccer
All games and training are at Tartaglio Field in Galloway.
Directions: Make a left turn on Wrangleboro Road/Pomona Road. Continue on Wrangleboro/Pomona Road 4.3 miles. Make a left turn on Duerer Street(County Road 561). Continue .50 miles (past the Gabriel Field Complex) and Tartaglio Park is on your right.
Rich at 609-457-7202 (Email: email@example.com)
Dave 609-705-3766 (Email: Dcrlaw3@comcast.net)