Welcome to the Home of
Last Updated: November 23, 2017
Join Our EMail List
2017-2018 Harbormen Basketball Tryouts Announced
Tryout Dates: Tryouts will be held for 3 days, November 27th, 28th, and 29th. Players are required to attend all 3 practices. The schedule by grade is as follows:
All Freshmen- Monday 5:15-7 @ Hingham Middle School; Tuesday 5:15-7 (HMS); Wednesday 3:30-5:15 (HMS)
All Sophomores- Monday 3:30-5:15 @ Hingham Middle School, Tuesday 3:30-5:15 (HMS); Wednesday 5:15-7 (HMS)
All Juniors and Seniors- Monday 6-8 @ Hingham High School; Tuesday 4-6 (HHS); Wednesday 6-8 (HHS)
*Any changes to this will be made on an individual basis after the first day.
Preseason Basketball Meeting: There will be a mandatory player only signup meeting on Friday November 17th at 2:40 in room 103. Important tryout information and expectations will be discussed at this meeting.
Wiinter Sports Meeting: There will be a preseason winter sports meeting for all players and parents on November 20th at 7pm in the auditorium. This will be for all Winter sports and then we will split off by sport. This is generally not a long meeting, but is important that all players and a family member are there.
Requirements to tryout:
1) Physical- Your physical must be dated after October 29th 2016 to complete tryouts. Physicals are valid for 13 months and can expire during the season, resulting in temporary ineligibility. Please be sure your physical is up to date and if you make the team be aware if it is going to expire during the season (before March) and schedule accordingly.
2) ImPact Test- All students must complete an ImPact (concussion test). The dates for these will be on the announcements at school, and will be closer to the tryout date. Please listen to the announcements for this information. ImPact tests are good for 2 years. Freshmen, Juniors, and anyone new to Hingham who did not play a fall sports must complete this test.
3) X2 Registration- You must be signed up through the X2 portal. If you signed up for a fall sport (or another sport) and didn't include basketball, you can add basketball by talking with Mr. Quatramoni or Mrs. Holler in the athletic office. Without this registration, we will not be able to confirm that you have submitted all of the requirements to tryout, and you will not be able to tryout.
4) User Fee (will be refunded if you don't play a winter sport). More information on this can be obtained through the athletic office.
5) Additional requirments- Academic eligibility and chemical health eligibility can be found in the student handbook.
For a complete schedule listing, click here!