Only an Ixonia Youth Baseball (IYB) board member can cancel a game when potentially hazardous weather / field conditions exist. In addition to the use of common sense if any one of the following conditions exists immediate cancellation is mandatory:
1. Downpours, heavy rains, ongoing showers, hail etc.
2. Standing puddles of water on a field.
3. Footing is unsure and slippery.
4. Ground is waterlogged and slushy or squishy.
5. Grass can be pulled out of the ground easily.
6. Lightning: Minimum of 30 minutes with no reoccurrence before re-entering the field.
The safety and wellbeing of persons participating in athletic programs is of primary concern. Sports related injuries caused by poor playing conditions can lead to career ending injuries and permanent disabilities. Additionally, when games are played on fields with poor conditions, it often causes irreversible damage to the fields.
If a cancelation does occur for an IYB home game it is the responsibility of the IYB coach to contact IYB to check field availability for the reschedule date of the canceled game. This is to make sure fields don’t get double booked and to ensure if umpires are required they can be scheduled accordingly.