*All umpires must re-register and sanction each season.
If you would like to umpire Girls Fastpitch Softball PLEASE contact Don McDaniel via this email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at home 740-689-9968.
2016 - 2017 Lancaster and SE Ohio ASA Tournament Dates
2017 LANCASTER and SE OHIO ASA - Fastoitch Tournaments
Battle at Berliner - ASA TournamentApril 15, 2017Berliner Park, ColumbusLGSA EARLY BIRD - 2017 ASA ENQ May 12th, 13th, 14th, 2017 8U - 10U -12U - 14U Only Lancaster, Ohio - Martens Park8th Annual - FIREFIGHTERS MEMORIAL TOURNAMENTMay 26th, 27th and 28th, 2017 Lou Berliner Park, Columbus OH 8U, 10U, 12U - 14U ONLYLancaster Invitational (formerly EDWARD JONES) - 2017 ASA ENQJune 2nd, 3rd and 4th 2017 8u-10u-12u-14u-16u-18u Lancaster, OHIO - Martens Park Jason Reed - Play for Autism - ASA ENQ June 9th, 10th and 11th, 2017Athens, Ohio10U, 12U, 14U and 16UPlay with Passion - ENQJune 16, 17 and 18thBristol Park, Waverly, OhioMingo Madness - ASA ENQJune 23, 24 and 25th, 2017Mingo Park - Logan, Ohio10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18uPride Challenge - ASA ENQ - ***New Date and returns to Lancaster8u - 18u - Lancaster, Ohio June 30, July 1, 2nd, 2017Peoples Bank Shootout - ASA ENQJuly 7th, 8th and 9th, 20178u - 18u Lancaster, Ohio - Martens ParkAt LEAST Three Fall Tournaments -
Lancaster ASA Fastpitch Umpires - 2017
December 14, 2016
Our association provides high quality umpires for girls Fastpitch in Fairfield, Hocking, Athens counties. In 2016-17 we will umpire leagues and tournaments in Columbus, Lancaster, Waverly, Athens and Logan.
Our umpires also officiate games for the Lancaster Girls Softball Association in Lancaster, Ohio. We also umpire games for the Baltimore Girls Softball Association in Baltimore, Ohio. As well as ASA Tournaments and Leagues throughout Central and Southern Ohio. We added leagues in Perry and Pickaway Counties in 2016.
Our Umpires are sanctioned through the Amateur Softball Association (ASA).
Our Mission is to provide quality, professional umpires to officiate Fastpitch Softball league and tournaments in and South-Eastern Ohio..
Lancaster ASA is looking for UMPIRES!!
January 22, 2015
We are looking for umpires for the upcoming Fast pitch softball season. Experience is preferred, but not necessary. I assign games for the ASA in southeastern Ohio. We have a extensive tournament season scheduled for 2016.
OHSAA certification would be beneficial.. Tournaments are held in Lancaster (4), Columbus (1), Logan (3), and Athens (2). In addition we will staff all LGSA rec games, and BGSA (Baltimore) rec games. In previous years we assigned over 1500 games, next year should another good year. Good pay! Contact me if you are interested. Pass on to quality umpires you may know.
FAQ - How many games will I get??
I have had MANY inquiries from individuals wanting to become ASA umpires. Please keep in mind that there are hundreds of games. But, new umpires should expect that they will NOT receive as many games as umpires who have seniority and experience.
Every year we lose some umpires. Some move on for various reason, a few of these are high school aged umpires that decide they didn't like umpiring as much as they thought they would, or they go off to college and no longer have the opportunity to umpire.
If you are looking for some extra spending money or just wanting to help out, then umpiring for Ohio ASA this should work for you.
We have an OUTSTANDING group of long-time umpires with significant experience, these umpires have earned game assignments through hard work and professionalism.
We have umpires working in Columbus, Lancaster, Logan, Baltimore, Somerset, Amanda, Stoutsville, Laurelville and Carroll. Occasionally we get request from Junior High programs and other rec. leagues.
We are always looking for opportunities to get work for our umpires. But we can not promise that NEW umpires will have games everyday or even every week.
I thought it only fair to get this information out to everyone.
The following is a list of items that we need to ASSURE we are doing correctly for LGSA games (any of our games for that matter)
* Games must start ON TIME, call teams to dugout 10 minutes prior to game time. Meet with coaches 5 minutes before game time. Then start ON TMIE.
* Keep things moving - ONE MINUTE or 5 pitches first inning/1 pitch esch other inning (unless the team changes pitchers).
* Scorecards MUST be FULLY complete and turned in each night. This information is critical for the League. Umpire pay is based on these cards, and if not fully complete you may not be paid for those games until cards are completed. If you have a tie we will need all of the information about the game to finish it: Times, last batter, etc , etc. FULL DETAILS of why game was not finished MUST be listed on the scorecard.
* LGSA time limits are: No new inning after 1:30 (8U is 1:15), the inning in progress is to be completed. There should be NO ties, except for games that do not complete 1:30 (unless you have5 complete innings or home team ahead after 4 1/2, if you do the game is official). Games that are ties and called for weather or darkness will be completed. Put game deatils on scorecard and have teams compare scorebooks. REMINDER: Home team official book, so make sure scorecard and both books match.
* Read the LGSA rules prior to working a games in a division you are not familiar with. They are posted at: www.leaguelineup.com/lgsa
* FULL ASA uniform is required. YOUR SHIRT MUST BE TUCKED IN and your hat on. Remember first impressions are important and set the tone for the game. LOOK and BE PROFESSIONAL!!!
* During pre-game meeting remind teams about jewelery and have them tuck their shirts in.
* DO NOT tolerate vulgarity, ejection is REQUIRED!!! Note: on scorecard and bring to my attention. Warnings should be given and noted on scorecard for any 'in game' conduct concrens.
* Umpires are responsible for addressing coaching and parents 'in game' conduct issues, there are Board members on duty and can assist with any issues that may arise.
Handouts, Rules, Forms
The following items can be downloaded form the Handout area on the left.
ASA Umpire Registration Form
NSA Uniform Information
LGSA Rules (2013 MOST RECENT) See update tab w/ modifications
COGFL Rules (2015)
2015 NSA Fastpitch Rules (Test questions are from fastpitch section of ASA Rule Book and Umpire Case Book)
2015 ASA UMPIRE TEST
Required Training - Concussion Recognition
February 14, 2013
** All Umpires**
Ohio "Return-To-Play" law goes into effect April, 26th 2013.
Ohio's Return-to-Play Law: What Umpires Need to Know – Youth Sports Organizations (Non-school sports)
Training In Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of a Concussion
Starting April 26th, 2013, individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach or referee for a youth sports organization, whether volunteer or paid, without:
1) successfully completing, every three years, an online training program in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries provided by the Ohio Department of Health
2) holding a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education.
This is a free online training program that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Please follow the links below for more information. All NSA are required to complete this program and provide the me with a copy of the certificate of completion.
Link to NFHS (OHSAA umpires do not have to take a second time, please submit your certificate)