Last Updated: January 22, 2015
Southern Ohio NSA Fastpitch Umpires
January 22, 2015
Our assiciation provides high quality umpires for girls fastpitch in all southern snd western Ohio. In 2013 we umpired tournaments in Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Lancaster, Troy, Urbana, Wavery, Whitehall, Reynoldsburg, Athens and Logan. In 2015 we have plans to expand the NSA tournaments schedule other areas of southeast Ohio.
Our umpires also officiate games for the Lancaster Girls Softball Association in Lancaster, Ohio. We also umpire games for the Baltimore Girls Softball Association in Baltimore, Ohio. As well as NSA Tournaments and Leagues throughout Central and Southern Ohio.
NSA is looking for UMPIRES!!
January 22, 2015
We are looking for umpires for the upcoming Fast pitch softball season. Experience is preferred, but not necessary. I assign games for the NSA in central and southeastern Ohio. We have a extensive tournament season scheduled for 2015.
FAQ - How many games will I get??
I have had MANY inquiries from individuals wanting to become NSA umpires. Please keep in mind that there are hundreds of games. But, new umpires should expect that they will NOT receive as many games as umpires who have seniority and experience.
Don McDaniel - firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-689-9968
UMPIRE REMINDERS - Lancaster League play!!
The following is a list of items that we need to ASSURE we are doing correctly for LGSA games (any of our games for that matter)
* Games must start ON TIME, call teams to dugout 10 minutes prior to game time. Meet with coaches 5 minutes before game time. Then start ON TMIE.
* Keep things moving - ONE MINUTE or 5 pitches first inning/1 pitch esch other inning (unless the team changes pitchers).
* Scorecards MUST be FULLY complete and turned in each night. This information is critical for the League. Umpire pay is based on these cards, and if not fully complete you may not be paid for those games until cards are completed. If you have a tie we will need all of the information about the game to finish it: Times, last batter, etc , etc. FULL DETAILS of why game was not finished MUST be listed on the scorecard.
* LGSA time limits are: No new inning after 1:30 (8U is 1:15), the inning in progress is to be completed. There should be NO ties, except for games that do not complete 1:30 (unless you have5 complete innings or home team ahead after 4 1/2, if you do the game is official). Games that are ties and called for weather or darkness will be completed. Put game deatils on scorecard and have teams compare scorebooks. REMINDER: Home team official book, so make sure scorecard and both books match.
* Read the LGSA rules prior to working a games in a division you are not familiar with. They are posted at: www.leaguelineup.com/lgsa
* FULL NSA uniform is required. YOUR SHIRT MUST BE TUCKED IN and your hat on. Remember first impressions are important and set the tone for the game. LOOK and BE PROFESSIONAL!!!
* During pre-game meeting remind teams about jewelery and have them tuck their shirts in.
* DO NOT tolerate vulgarity, ejection is REQUIRED!!! Note: on scorecard and bring to my attention. Warnings should be given and noted on scorecard for any 'in game' conduct concrens.
* Umpires are responsible for addressing coaching and parents 'in game' conduct issues, there are Board members on duty and can assist with any issues that may arise.
2015 - NSA Tournament Dates
2015 - Southern Ohio NSA Fastopitch Tournaments2015 Mid-Oho Spring ShootoutMay 2nd and 3rd, 2015RVBFY Sports ComplexMarion, Ohio8U, 10U, 12U LGSA EARLY BIRD - 2015 NSA WSQ
May 8th, 9th, 10th, 2015
8U - 10U -12U - 14U Only
Martens Park 7th Annual OFC Spring BlastMay 16th, 17thWT Park - Cincinnati, Ohio8u, 10u, 12u and 14u 2nd Annual Celine Wyatt Memorial TournamentMay 15, 16 and 17th, 2015Riverside Park - Zanesville, Ohio10U, 12U and 14U Ohio NSA Swing Into SpringMay 16th and 17th10U and 12UDuke Park - Troy, Ohio 6th Annual - FIREFIGHTERS MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT
May 22nd, 23rd and 24th, 2015
Lou Berliner Park, Columbus OH
8U, 10U, 12U - 14U ONLY 2nd Annual Hamilton Spring Shootout
May 24-25, 2014
LJ Smith/North End Fields - Hamilton, OH
10u, 12u and 14u
Ohio NSA Directors Cup I
Sponsored by SONSA & Louisville Slugger.
May 29th, 30th and 31st, 2015
John Bishop Park – Whitehall, OH
10U, 12U, 14U, & 16U age brackets
EDWARD JONES - 2014 NSA WSQ
Sponsored by Edward Jones Investments
June 5th, 6th and 7th 2015
NSA 12th Annual Urbana ClassicJune 12th, 13th and 14thConcord Fields10u - 16u Jack Reed - Play for Autism June 12th, 13th and 14thAthens, Ohio10U, 12U, 14U and 16U PLay with Passion NSA WSQHosted by Ohio Passion FastpitchJune 19, 20th and 21st, 2015Waverly, Ohio10U, 12U, 14U, 16U and 18U 2015 Ohio NSA "Class A and B" Central State TournamentJune 19th, 20th and 21st, 2015RVBFY Fields10U - 18UMarion, Ohio Troy TuneupJune 20-21, 2015
10u, 12u and 14uTroy, Ohio Mingo Madness - NSA WSQJune 26, 27 and 28th, 2015Mingo Park - Logan, Ohio10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18u 12th Annual Troy Lady LibertyJune 26, 27 and 28thDuke Park - Troy, Ohio10u - 12u Lady Liberty Showdown- NSA WSQ July 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2015 16u, 18u and 23u Troy Ohio 2015 NSA SOUTHERN STATE / METRO CINCINNATI "Class A AND B"July 3, 4th and 5th, 2015
8u, 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18u North End FieldsHamilton, Ohio LANCASTER SHOOTOUT - 2014 NSA WSQJuly 10th, 11th and 12th, 20158u-10u-12u-14u-16u-18u
Martens Park Troy Lady Liberty Classic - NSA WSQJuly 10, 11 and 12th, 201514u and 16uTroy, Ohio 5th Annual PRIDE CHALLENGE - NSA WSQ for 2016
July 17th, 17th and 19th, 2015
Martens, Miller and Cherry St. Parks in Lancaster 3rd Annual Cap-City Rec/Allstar ChampionshipJuly 17th, 18th and 19th10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18uJohn Bishop ParkWhitehall, Ohio
2015 Southern Ohio NSA Umpire Requirements
Handouts, Rules, Forms
The following items can be downloaded form the Handout area on the left.
Umpire Registration Form
2013 NSA Umpire Test
Required Training - Concussion Recognition
February 14, 2013
** All Umpires**
Ohio "Return-To-Play" law goes into effect April, 26th 2013.
Ohio's Return-to-Play Law: What Umpires Need to Know – Youth Sports Organizations (Non-school sports)
Training In Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of a Concussion
Starting April 26th, 2013, individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach or referee for a youth sports organization, whether volunteer or paid, without:
This is a free online training program that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Please follow the links below for more information. All NSA are required to complete this program and provide the me with a copy of the certificate of completion.
Link to NFHS (OHSAA umpires do not have to take a second time, please submit your certificate)
Rule Review Located in Forum
January 12, 2012
Check the Umpire Forum (Tab on Left) for rules review and discussion. I will try to update weekly during the season. I will highlight rules that are applied infrequently.