- Follow us on Twitter @LancFPUmpires
2018 - Lancaster USA Softball Umpire Requirements
*Umpires must be Ohio ASA Sanctioned - Fee is $70.00 for 2018
NOTE: $45.00 State Fee and $25.00 Local Association Fee
*Take and pass a written test (New Umpires ONLY)
*Wear approved ASA (USA) Uniform / and equipment(mask, chin guard, chest protector)
*All umpires must re-register and sanction each season.
If you would like to umpire Girls Fastpitch Softball PLEASE contact Don McDaniel via this email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at home 740-689-9968.
2018 Lancaster and SE Ohio USA Softball Tournament Dates
2018 LANCASTER and SE OHIO USA Softball- Fastoitch TournamentsBattle at Berliner - USA TournamentApril 14, 2018Berliner Park, Columbus LGSA EARLY BIRD - 2018 ASA ENQ
May 4th, 5th, 6th, 2018
8U - 10U -12U - 14U Only
Lancaster, Ohio - Martens Park 9th Annual - FIREFIGHTERS MEMORIAL TOURNAMENTMay 26th, 27th and 28th, 2018
Lou Berliner Park, Columbus OH
8U, 10U, 12U - 14U ONLY Field of Dreams Invitational - 2018 ASA ENQJune 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2018
Lancaster, OHIO - Martens Park
Jason Reed - Play for Autism - ASA ENQ June 8th, 9th and 10th, 2018Athens, Ohio10U, 12U, 14U and 16U Play with Passion - ENQJune 15, 16 and 17, 2018 Bristol Park, Waverly, Ohio Mingo Madness - ASA ENQJune 15, 16 and 17th, 2018Mingo Park - Logan, Ohio8u, 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u and 18u Pride Challenge - ASA ENQ - ***New Date and returns to Lancaster8u - 18u - Martens Park, Lancaster, Ohio
June 22, 23 and 24th, 2018KONA ICE Shootout - ASA ENQJuly 6, 7 and 8th, 20878u - 18u Lancaster, Ohio - Martens Park Chieftan ClassicJuly 13, 14 and 15, 2018Class C and Rec AllstarsLogan, Ohio - Mingo Park At LEAST Three Fall Tournaments -
Lancaster USA Softball is looking for UMPIRES!! - MEETING INFORMATION
Lancaster USA Softball Fastpitch Umpires - 2018
Our association provides high quality umpires for girls Fastpitch in Fairfield, Hocking, Athens counties. In 2018 we will umpire leagues and tournaments in Columbus, Lancaster, Waverly, Athens and Logan.
Our umpires also officiate games for the Lancaster Girls Softball Association in Lancaster, Ohio. We also umpire games for the Baltimore Girls Softball Association in Baltimore, Ohio. As well as ASA Tournaments and Leagues throughout Central and Southern Ohio. We added leagues in Perry and Pickaway Counties in 2018.
Our Umpires are sanctioned through the Amateur Softball Association (ASA).
Our Mission is to provide quality, professional umpires to officiate Fastpitch Softball league and tournaments in and South-Eastern Ohio..
UMPIRE REMINDERS - Lancaster League play!!
The following is a list of items that we need to ASSURE we are doing correctly for LGSA games (any of our games for that matter)
* Games must start ON TIME, call teams to dugout 10 minutes prior to game time. Meet with coaches 5 minutes before game time. Then start ON TMIE.
* Keep things moving - ONE MINUTE or 5 pitches first inning/1 pitch esch other inning (unless the team changes pitchers).
* Scorecards MUST be FULLY complete and turned in each night. This information is critical for the League. Umpire pay is based on these cards, and if not fully complete you may not be paid for those games until cards are completed. If you have a tie we will need all of the information about the game to finish it: Times, last batter, etc , etc. FULL DETAILS of why game was not finished MUST be listed on the scorecard.
* LGSA time limits are: No new inning after 1:30 (8U is 1:15), the inning in progress is to be completed. There should be NO ties, except for games that do not complete 1:30 (unless you have5 complete innings or home team ahead after 4 1/2, if you do the game is official). Games that are ties and called for weather or darkness will be completed. Put game deatils on scorecard and have teams compare scorebooks. REMINDER: Home team official book, so make sure scorecard and both books match.
* Read the LGSA rules prior to working a games in a division you are not familiar with. They are posted at: www.leaguelineup.com/lgsa
* FULL ASA uniform is required. YOUR SHIRT MUST BE TUCKED IN and your hat on. Remember first impressions are important and set the tone for the game. LOOK and BE PROFESSIONAL!!!
* During pre-game meeting remind teams about jewelery and have them tuck their shirts in.
* DO NOT tolerate vulgarity, ejection is REQUIRED!!! Note: on scorecard and bring to my attention. Warnings should be given and noted on scorecard for any 'in game' conduct concrens.
* Umpires are responsible for addressing coaching and parents 'in game' conduct issues, there are Board members on duty and can assist with any issues that may arise.
Handouts, Rules, Forms
The following items can be downloaded form the Handout area on the left.
ASA Umpire Registration Form
LGSA Rules (2016 MOST RECENT) See update tab w/ modifications
COGFL Rules (2017)
2018 ASA Fastpitch Rules (Test questions are from fastpitch section of ASA Rule Book and Umpire Case Book)
Required Training - Concussion Recognition
** All Umpires**
Ohio "Return-To-Play" law went into effect on April, 26th 2013 - ALL Umpires Must Have this certification.
Ohio's Return-to-Play Law: What Umpires Need to Know – Youth Sports Organizations (Non-school sports)
Training In Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms of a Concussion
Starting April 26th, 2013, individuals are not allowed to serve as a coach or referee for a youth sports organization, whether volunteer or paid, without:
1) successfully completing, every three years, an online training program in recognizing the signs and symptoms of concussions and head injuries provided by the Ohio Department of Health
2) holding a Pupil Activity Permit (PAP) from the Ohio Department of Education.
This is a free online training program that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Please follow the links below for more information. All NSA are required to complete this program and provide the me with a copy of the certificate of completion.
Link to NFHS (OHSAA umpires do not have to take a second time, please submit your certificate)
Rule Review Located in Forum
Check the Umpire Forum (Tab on Left) for rules review and discussion. I will try to update weekly during the season. I will highlight rules that are applied infrequently.