FINAL WEEK for the Lewiston Family Ice Rink
January 20, 2015
Thanks to every one of our guests for making this year the most popular season we have had in our four year existence.
The Ice Rink will close for the season at 8:00PM on Sunday, January 25th. We hope you enjoyed the winter season a little bit more with the Ice Rink available to you, and we hope you were able to participate in one of our gret events like the Christmas Walk, Skate with Santa, Childrens Countdown to New Years, and Anna & Elsa's Frozen Meet & Greet. As always, we would love to hear your feedback.
Lewiston Recreation will soon be posting registrations for our spring sports.
Once again, we'd like to thank our sponsors and friends.
The Village of Lewiston
The Lower Niagara Chamber of Commerce
Great Lakes Real Estate and Bruce Andrews
The Lewiston Sentinel
Falls Tent & Awning
Jeffrey Jordon (Electrical)
Liz Kelly and the Taibi Sisters (For all the help with set up and decorations)
Our Amazing Staff, supervised by Karen Torrie, Janeanne Lepage, Anastasi Waugaman, Tracie Waterstram, Rachel San Giacomo, and Taylor James, without their amazing energy and creativity, none of this would be possible.
Our Resourceful Parks Department, Jeff Lester, Joe Kostyrka, and Kevin Carpenter, who completely transform Academy Park to a functioning Ice Rink and back.
Ice Rink Hours of Operation
Opening Day is Friday December 5th, 2014 4pm - 10pm
Special Hours for Lewiston Christmas Walk Weekend...
Saturday December 6th 10am - 10pm & Sunday December 7th 10am - 8pm
Normal Hours of Operation
Mon - Thurs 4pm - 8pm
Friday 4pm - 10pm
Saturday 12pm - 10pm
Sunday 12pm - 8pm
Tuesday, December 23rd, 4-10PM
Wednesday, December 24th, 10AM-2PM
Thursday, December 25th, CLOSED
Friday, December 26th, 12PM - 10PM
Monday, December 29 - Tuesday, December 30, 12PM-8PM
Wednesday, December 31, 12PM-12AM (Kids New Years Balloon Drop Party from 6PM-8PM)
Thursday, Jan 1, 12PM - 8PM
Friday, Jan. 2, 12PM -10PM
Basketball Information Here.
October 24, 2014
Saturday Morning Youth Basketball Registration is now open and available by clicking on the "2014-2015 Youth Basketball Registration" tab on the right hand side of the site. Registration is $25 per player.
All Games and practices will begin this Saturday, November 22nd, 2014 and ending March 7th, 2015.
Times are as follows...
Group 1 - 1st and 2nd Grade 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Group 2 - 3rd and 4th Graders 11:00AM - 12:30PM
Group 3 - 5th and 6th Graders 12:30PM - 2:00PM
Lewiston Basketball combines clinic style instruction and league play, giving young players a foundation in the sport to build on their skills, while allowing players to develop those skills in competitive settings. Players are required to bring with them dry sneakers, preferably basketball sneakers. Running shoes are not recommended. Boots or shoes will not be allowed on the court.
Players will be given a league shirt that will be required once league play begins.
For more information, please email Mike by clicking on this contact us link.
UPDATE FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 17
1. There will be Open Registration for players not yet registered at the gym before each session. You can also make payments with Check, Cash or Credit Card at this time. Fee is $25 per player for residents of Lewiston / Porter. $50 for anyone outside of The Towns of Lewiston or Porter.
2. FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR PLAYERS: All players must CARRY IN their gym sneakers and go directly to the locker rooms. We can not allow wet or dirty sneakers into the gym. Players who do not carry in their sneakers will be held out until their sneakers are completely dry.
3. WE ALSO ASK THAT ALL PARENTS OR SPECTATORS REMAIN OUTSIDE OF THE GYM. The program has limited space, and all four baskets are in use, meaning the bleachers will not be extended.
4. Per Lew-Port Rules, ALL PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS MUST STAY IN THE AREA IN FRONT OF THE GYM OR LOCKER ROOMS. NO PERSON IS ALLOWED TO WALK THE HALLS OF LEW-PORT FOR ANY REASON.
We look forward to another outstanding Basketball Season. Any questions, email us at LewPortSports@yahoo.com
Basketball Schedule (Regular Times)
Sat. December 6, 13, 20
Sat. January 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Sat. February 7, 14,21, 28
Sat, March 7
Parent Reminder: Ages 12 and under HELMETS ARE REQUIRED!!!
REMINDER! If you are 12 years old or under, a helmet is now REQUIRED to skate at the Ice Rink. Helmets are available for rent for $1.00 at the service counter. Thank you for your expected cooperation.
Lewiston Family Ice Rink Seeks Sponsors and Supporters
The Town of Lewiston is proud to announce the return of the popular Lewiston Family Ice Rink on December 6, 2014. The rink is a massive undertaking, as we transform Academy Park into a flat, level winter wonderland. Check this website www.LewPortSports.com daily for a list of open skating times, kids programs, adult programs, and special events.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
- Promote your business as a community-first business at the Ice Rink by purchasing signage at the Ice Rink.
- Can your business help the function, ambiance, or operation of the rink by providing the service or merchandise you provide as a gift?
- Can you volunteer time this year to help with our popular kids parties, like "Skate with Santa", or the "Kids New years Party"?
- Do you have ideas to add to our program lineup?
To Submit a form, click on the "2014 Lewiston Family Ice Rink Sponsor Form" tab on the right hand side of the welcome site.
Please email us by using the contact us link for any questions or to volunteer products or services!