Thank You to our 2016-17 Ice Rink Sponsors
November 9, 2016
List of Business and Individuals that have Sponsored the Ice Rink in 2016-17. Our Goal is to raise $20,000.
1. Kiwanis Club of Lewiston
Lewiston Ice Rink to host open interviews for Seasonal Ice Rink Positions
The Town of Lewiston will be hosting open interviews for seasonal employment at the Lewiston Family Ice Rink on Monday, November 21, at 7PM at Lewiston Town Hall, 1375 Ridge Road, SIDE ENTRANCE. All positions, excluding our Supervisor Positions, start at $9.00 per hour.
Ice Rink Supervisor
All applicants must display a personality that is helpful, hard working, and the ability to promote the spirit of the season. Candidates should be outgoing, as these are positions that are customer service based, with the emphasis on provided an atmosphere that is family friendly.
Applications can be filled out on this site by clicking on "Application for Employment" on the right hand side of this site.
The Town of Lewiston Recreation Department, in our various programs and events, gives the opportunity for a first job to many young Lewiston Residents. As we are looking for responsible young people and would like them to learn from this experience, we ask that parents allow their children to fill out their own application and make them responsible for every aspect of their application and employment.
Phone calls from parents interested in their children working doesn't often tell us that the child is interested in working.
Lewiston Family Ice Rink Seeks Sponsors and Supporters
The Town of Lewiston is proud to announce the return of the popular Lewiston Family Ice Rink on December 3, 2015. The rink is a massive undertaking, as we transform Academy Park into a flat, level winter wonderland. Check this website www.LewPortSports.com or like our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/LewistonFamilyIceRink daily for a list of open skating times, kids programs, adult programs, and special events.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
- Promote your business as a community-first business at the Ice Rink by purchasing signage at the Ice Rink.
- Can your business help the function, ambiance, or operation of the rink by providing the service or merchandise you provide as a gift?
- Can you volunteer time this year to help with our popular kids parties, like "Skate with Santa", or the "Kids New years Party"?
- Do you have ideas to add to our program lineup?
To Submit a form, click on the "Lewiston Family Ice Rink Sponsor Form" tab on the right hand side of the welcome site.
Please email us by using the contact us link for any questions or to volunteer products or services!
Basketball Information - Registration for 16-17 Season NOW OPEN
October 24, 2016
Saturday Morning Youth Basketball Registration is now open and available by clicking on the "Youth Basketball Registration" tab on the right hand side of the site. Registration is $25 per player. Payment can be made on the first day of Basketball at the Lew-Port Intermediate Gym, or by mailing your check to
All Games and practices will begin Saturday, December 3rd and ending February, 2017.
Times are as follows...
Group 1 - 1st and 2nd Grade 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Group 2 - 3rd and 4th Graders 11:00AM - 12:30PM
Group 3 - 5th and 6th Graders 12:30PM - 2:00PM
Lewiston Basketball combines clinic style instruction and league play, giving young players a foundation in the sport to build on their skills, while allowing players to develop those skills in competitive settings. Players are required to bring with them dry sneakers, preferably basketball sneakers. Running shoes are not recommended. Boots or shoes will not be allowed on the court.
Players will be given a league shirt that will be required once league play begins.
For more information, please email Mike by clicking on this contact us link.
1. There will be Open Registration for players not yet registered at the gym before each session on Saturday, December 3rd. You can also make payments with Check, Cash or Credit Card at this time. Fee is $25 per player for residents of Lewiston / Porter. $50 for anyone outside of The Towns of Lewiston or Porter.
2. FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR PLAYERS: All players must CARRY IN their gym sneakers and go directly to the locker rooms. We can not allow wet or dirty sneakers into the gym. Players who do not carry in their sneakers will be held out until their sneakers are completely dry.
3. WE ALSO ASK THAT ALL PARENTS OR SPECTATORS REMAIN OUTSIDE OF THE GYM. The program has limited space, and all four baskets are in use, meaning the bleachers will not be extended.
4. Per Lew-Port Rules, ALL PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS MUST STAY IN THE AREA IN FRONT OF THE GYM OR LOCKER ROOMS. NO PERSON IS ALLOWED TO WALK THE HALLS OF LEW-PORT FOR ANY REASON.
We look forward to another outstanding Basketball Season. Any questions, email us at LewPortSports@yahoo.com
Basketball Schedule (Regular Times)
Sat. December 3, 10, 17
Sat. January 7, 14, 21, 28
Sat. February 4, 11,18, 25
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
For up to date information, tips and coaching help, as well as random baseball/ softball thoughts and information, Please LIKE our Facebook Page here!
Click on the above link for access! Please share and spread the word!