The 2017 tournament will be held
Thursday, February 23rd – Sunday, February 26th
Come experience the history and cozy alpine charm of Lake Placid. Your team will have an opportunity to play in The Olympic Center which houses three ice surfaces:
- The 1980 Herb Brooks Arena where the legendary "Miracle on Ice" hockey game was played.
- The 1932 Jack Shea Arena, home of the 1932 Olympics.
- The USA Rink.
In addition to hockey, challenge yourself in the great outdoors of the Adirondacks by skiing or snowboarding at Whiteface Mountain, snowshoeing, ice climbing, or cross country skiing. After a cold day outdoors, enjoy the warmth of a spa and then dinner at one of Lake Placid’s many delicious restaurant options.
As of Wednesday, August 10th we will be accepting applications for the tournament.
Please see tournament details below
2017 LPYAA Hockey Tournament Information
Squirt A & B
Peewee A & B
Bantam A & B
U14 girls divisions
Tournament games begin Thursday at Noon, and the Championship games end mid-afternoon on Sunday.
- All games are played in Lake Placid at the Olympic Center
- 4 game guarantee
- Cost $1,000 per team
- Championship Awards presented to division winners
- USA Hockey Sanctioned
- ORDA (the arena) charges a gate fee of $8 / day or $25 / weekend. (** 2016 prices **)
One day cross-ice Jamboree - Saturday Feb. 25th.
- Format will be 4 v 4 cross-ice with goalies.
- It is preferred that an association would enter 2 teams of approximately 7 – 10 players per team.
- Championship Awards presented to division winners.
- Cost $475 per association.
To Submit an Application
Please click the "Online Forms" tab on the menu on the left. Once your application is received, a member of our organizing committee will contact you regarding participation.
For general questions, contact Tournament Director Dave Webb at: firstname.lastname@example.org