Welcome to the Home of the
Lake Placid Youth Athletic Association
Our tournament committee is hard at work preparing the final details for the upcoming 2018 Lake Placid International Hockey Tournament. Just a few quick reminders about the tournament:
- The tournament schedule will be released to your team contact two weeks prior to the tournament. Your team contact will then distribute your schedule to your team.
- A friendly reminder that games will most likely start around 1 pm on Thursday. All teams should be prepared to play on Thursday. Once the schedule is released, changes cannot be made as there will be approximately 100 games scheduled for the tournament.
- Due to the United States Olympic Committee hosting a dinner on Friday evening, we will not have access to the 1980 rink that afternoon and evening. Therefore, we will play some games on Friday at the Saranac Lake Civic Center.
- As in previous years, there will be a gate fee to enter the tournament. This gate fee is charged by the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) who owns the Olympic Center. We are assuming the gate fee will be the same as in previous years, but as soon as that information is provided to us we will post it here on our website.
- We ask that all team contacts (not players and parents – just the team contact) check in at Tournament Headquarters located on the mezzanine level of the 1980 rink before their first game of the tournament.
We will update this website periodically as the tournament approaches.
On behalf of the organizing committee