- The McKnight Baseball Complex is Currently CLOSED - See you in the Spring!
- Travel Info & Updates Can be Found on our Travel Website!
- Sign up for Text/Email Alerts! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
- 2014 Board of Directors Announced!
- ATTN: Spring 2014 Registration is Now OPEN!
|MBL Spring Opening Day Countdown|
Montgomery / Rocky Hill Baseball Fans:
2014 Spring Recreation Registration
Is Now Open for All Players
Ages 4 to 15 - Pre-K and up!
"Early Bird" Discount ($25 Discount Per Player Available Until December 31st)
We are pleased to announce exciting NEW changes to our lineup of programs for 2014!
- We are introducing a new, Pre-K division - the Cougar Cubs - for players 4-5 years old that will start Kindergarten next Fall
- We will continue to have our successful I-Ball, D-Ball and Rookie programs - divisions for players in Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade
- We have created a new 3rd/4th grade division - Minors - where the kids pitch, base stealing is allowed, and includes a certified umpire
- We have created a new 5th/6th grade division - Majors - which is played on our two intermediate "50/70" fields, adds leading, pick-offs, balks, base stealing and includes two certified umpires
- We are introducing more scheduling flexibility in our Babe Ruth (13 to 15 year olds) program to allow MHS and UMS athletes the opportunity to play MBL recreational baseball with their friends without conflicting with the school programs
In addition to our recreational leagues, we have many fun events in store for our players this season:
- Expanded Opening Day Ceremony Activities
- Applebee’s Family Pancake Breakfast
- Montgomery High School (MHS) home game hosted at our McKnight Complex
- MBL Family Night Out at the Somerset Patriots Game
- MBL Free Outdoor Movie Night at our McKnight Complex
- Expanded Championship Day Festivities
- New Player Clinic and Training Options, including free partnership programs with MHS Varsity Baseball Coach Pete Mueller and OHES Physical Education teacher Johnny Rooney of JR Hit-n-Run Academy
- And new for 2014: Team-specific calendars and optional text alerts for practice and game reminders!
- This year, with just a few clicks, you can create an account that makes registration easier and gives you access to new features from our website partner, League Lineup, including text alerts for your game and practice schedules and field closings when it rains.
- We have so much in store for our players, their families and our community this year!
Click HERE to Register
*** Please share/forward this important update with your friends/neighbors who might not be on our community email distribution list! ***
ATTN: McKnight Complex is Now Closed for the 2013 Season
The McKnight Baseball Complex is officially closed for the 2013 season. We ask that parents and players please refrain from using the complex and fields until they reopen in the spring of 2014.
We’d like to thank all of those volunteers who came out on Saturday, 11/2, to assist in the complex closure, taking down flags, signage, and nets, taking in bases, screens, and backstops, and cleaning out the sheds, garage, and concession stand. We could not have done this – nor could we have had such a successful season – without our selfless parent-volunteers.
As you know, the Montgomery Baseball League is a 100% volunteer non-profit organization, and we rely on the involvement of so many to make things happen throughout the year. Your active participation, no matter how small, is key to our programs’ – as well as your child’s – success. From our lively spring and fall Rec programs, to our successful spring and summer Travel teams, to our popular Covino Tournament, to our wide ranging fundraising activities, to our hosting the first-ever baseball game for the Special Olympics of New Jersey - we could not have done all of this without YOU! Thank you!
2014 9U-12U Travel Teams Announced
Following our October tryouts, the 2014 Montgomery 9U-12U Travel Baseball teams have been announced. Check out our Travel Web Site for details and any Travel-Baseball related news and events. Congratulations players!
2014 MBL Board of Directors Announced
The Montgomery Baseball League (MBL) elected our new Board of Directors on Sunday, 10/27. In accordance with MBL Bi-Laws, the newly elected Board members will each serve a term of 1 year beginning 11/1/2013 and running through 10/31/2014.
At this time, we would like to welcome Christine Petrane, our new VP of Marketing, and Jon Vernon, our new VP of Finance, who are joining the Board for the first time. We’d also like to congratulate Frank Kimick who will serve as our new Board President. Here is your 2014 MBL Board of Directors:
- BOARD PRESIDENT: Frank Kimick
- BOARD SECRETARY: Ken Reilly
- VP of CAL RIPKEN: Greg Swerdlow
- VP of BABE RUTH: Frank Iati
- VP of TRAVEL: Paul Cocuzzo
- VP of UMPIRES: Amy Reynolds
- VP of FIELD MAINTENANCE: John McCaffrey
- VP of ADMINISTRATION: Brian Smith
- VP of FINANCE: Jon Vernon
- VP of MARKETING: Christine Petrane
- PAST PRESIDENT: Joe Gerdes
We'd also like to announce our 2014 Player-Agents, Fred Richmond and Rich Ryan.
Last – but certainly not least - the new Board would like to recognize the contributions of outgoing Board members Billy Dawson (former VP of Marketing), Joe Gerdes (former President), and Dave Musto (former Past President). We’d like to thank you for their years of service on the Board and to Montgomery Baseball in general, and look forward to their continued active involvement in MBL programs and events.
Montgomery Baseball Kids on ESPN at the 2013 Little League World Series
Montgomery Baseball players (left to right) Andrew "Mo" Morrison, Jack Reicheg, Scott Reicheg, Ricky Erbeck, Alex Levy, Noah Vlacich, and Timmy Lavake get a head start on their "15 minutes of fame" on ESPN at the 2013 Little League World Series!
Montgomery Baseball Hosts First-Ever Special Olympics Baseball Game
Hundreds of people showed up at the McKnight Baseball Complex on Saturday, 7/20, to witness and enjoy the first-ever official Special Olympics baseball game. The game featured two teams of athletes with intellectual disabilities ranging in age from 16 to 40, most of whom have played baseball growing up, some of whom have played on their high school team, and all of whom have been in training for this day for months. Subsequent games were held on 7/27 and on 8/3 (the first-ever night game under the lights!).
Throughout the 45+ years of the Special Olympics movement, Baseball has never been offered as a sport. For the past year, Special Olympics New Jersey (SONJ) has worked towards establishing Baseball as an official sport. Athletes and coaches have had the opportunity to attend a number of clinics and events to progress towards competitive game play.
In June of 2014, the third installment of the USA Summer Games is coming to the greater Princeton area. As a part of the 16 sports to be offered at that event, the sport of Baseball is being introduced as a demonstration sport for the first time ever in Special Olympics history.
SONJ provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in 24 Olympic-style sports for 23,000 children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. They conduct over 160 events a year. “This was an incredible experience for both teams. It really has been incredible to see the evolution of the sport and the achievements of our athletes.” says Jeff Baldino, Senior Director of Competition for SONJ.
SONJ presented the Montgomery Baseball League with a plaque commemorating this first-ever event, which will be proudly displayed at our complex. The first baseball used in the game is being sent to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY, for consideration that would recognize Montgomery Township, NJ, as the site of this first-ever Special Olympics baseball game.
For more information on SONJ programs and games, go to www.sonj.org.
MBL Championship Night - Congratulations to all the Winning Teams!
Wednesday, June 12th was an AMAZING night at the McKnight Baseball complex filled with tight Championship & Semi-Final games, complete with exciting comeback victories! Our "Championship Night" featured the title games in the Rookies, Minor National, and Majors divisions, and a fun, fun, fun I-Ball (Kindergarten) Finale! The D-Ball (1st Grade) division had it's finale on Saturday, June 15th, and the Minor American Championship game took place on Monday, June 17th.
The Rookies started off the evening with the classic Yankees vs. Red Sox rivalry. Congratulations to the Yankees on their victory:
Not to let the Yankee franchise get a leg up, the Red Sox team took home the title in the Majors Championship over a tough Orioles squad:
Another local favorite team took home the Minor National title, as the Phillies defeated the Dodgers in a close battle:
And in the final Championship game of the season, the Nationals upset the Giants under the lights:
In the Babe Ruth "13-Prep" division Championship on 6/5, the Louisville Bats beat the Midland Rockhounds on "the big field" (photo pending).
And, in what may be the "swan song" event for many veteran MBL players on both sides, the Louisville Bats defeated the Toledo Mud Hens - also on 6/5 - for the Babe Ruth "14/15" division Championship:
Thank you to all who came out to cheer on their teams and to all those who helped out along the way in what turned up to be yet another memorable season of Montgomery Baseball!!!
MBL 40th Anniversary & Scholarship Program Recognized by Princeton Packet
Click HERE to view the image of the arcticle
MBL Weather Hot-Line & Text/Email Alerts
For the latest on field conditions and game status, please call the MBL Weather Hotline before leaving for the game. This is your primary source for game status info.
MBL Weather Hotline - (908) 359-4045
For a secondary source of field/game status, sign up to receive text messages and email alerts via the League Lineup website. Simply create a free League Lineup account (which has its own benefits!), choose the Alerts that you wish to receive and how you would like to receive them. No Spam! No Ads!
Click HERE to Subscribe to Text/Email Alerts
Support Our Local Sponsors
All information contained on this web site is the property of Montgomery Baseball League and cannot be used or distributed without express written consent of the Montgomery Baseball League
Learn More About Montgomery Baseball To learn more about MBL's Rec and Travel Baseball programs, visit the Hand-Outs link (on the left side of this screen).Have a comment or suggestion? Check out our Suggestion Form
Like Us on Facebook Like us on Facebook to get important updates on coming events and receive special promotionsfrom our MBL sponsors offered only to "Friends of Montgomery Baseball"
Montgomery Baseball (NJ)