- 300 Country Club Rd, Middletown, CT
- A/B Division - Tue and Fri
- C/D Division - Mon and Thu
- CTSSL - Sunday
Game Forfeit Procedures
Below are a few new standards and an outline on what to do when your team needs to forfeit a game within 24 hours of game time.
1. Text or call Greg Post and/or Dan Forlenzo to alert us that you have to forfeit the game. Please avoid email in these emergency forfeiture situations.
2. Text and call the opposing coach(s). If you have a double header please text BOTH coaches. All coaches contact information is listed under the team info on the website. (choose the Team/Rosters option and select the division and team you are looking for)
3. If you are the opposing coach, please do your best to reply and confirm that you received the info and you understand the game is forfeited.
Below are Greg and Dan’s cell phone numbers. If you don’t already have these, make sure you add them to your contacts now.
Greg – 203-427-5377
Dan - 203-815-2710
Greg DOES NOT get emails on his phone and leaves work by 4pm. So please call or text at all times when something needs immediate attention. Also, please try to not have full voicemail boxes. The league and teams are unable to leave messages when needed.
Thank you everyone! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
2018 Free Agents
The list below are individuals who have contacted the league and looking for teams to play on. If you are looking to round out your rosters and need an additional player or two, please contact the individuals below.
1. Matt Jones - email@example.com - 860 608 5103
2. Kyle Hansen - firstname.lastname@example.org - 860 395 8327
3. Giovanni Ortiz - email@example.com - 773 727 0900
Scores should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the winning team.
The standings will be updated periodically.
Be as accurate with the score as a possible. End of season tie breaker is 'runs allowed' if two teams have the same win loss record and have played each team the same number of times. A forfeit prior to the game starting is recorded as 7-0 win for team not forfeiting. A forfeit on the field for ejection, illegal player, etc leading to not enough players to continue at anytime is recorded as a score of 7-0.
Middletown Parks & Recreation Weather Line
For more information on Middletown fields, including game cancellations due to weather, contact Middletown Parks & Recreation or call 860-638-4529 after 3pm. If no update from Middletown Parks and Recreation, games are ON.
Please listen for the date of the message, as old dates and messages are left on until a new one is added.
About Middletown Men's Softball
About Middletown Men's Softball League: We are a slow-pitch, NSA league that has been a mainstay of the Middletown, CT area for a number of years. We play our games at the fields behind Moody School on Country Club Road. We play mainly on week nights with make-ups played during the week if a field is open OR on weekends.
The Men's Summer League plays from late April to mid-August in Middletown, CT and is open to men ages 18 and over. We have A, B, C & D divisions for all competition levels, from highly competitive to recreational.
We are using the same ball as last year for 2018
The Men's Fall League starts the end of August and goes through mid-October.
Contact us for more information - email@example.com