March 8 th Monroe Special Sports Meeting
Rec Center 7 PM-9PM
Registration for Buddy Ball
Its that time again, Registration for Buddy Ball!!!!
Please come join us at our meeting for Monroe Special Sports 7-9 PM at the Rec. Center
We have an exciting spring planned and some other activities for the entire family. Season opens for buddy ball on April 23 but we need the forms now for uniform orders. Hope to see you there.
Kings and Queens Bowling
Our special need program starts on February 11th and registration is currently closed. If you are interested in other special needs programs please send us an email and we will get back to you. Have a great day.
Our program will be held on Saturdays at 10:00 AM at Knob Hill Country Lanes,located at 363 Route 33, Manalapan NJ.
We open on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017 and run thru March 25, 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the program, please call
- Su Reiser (Program Director) 732-792-7827
- Knob Hill Country Lanes 732-446-6003
Basketball Pals Open
Basketball Pals opens on SUNDAY October 2nd , 10-12 am in the Monroe Rec. center gym. We play Oct 2, and 9th, OFF for Octoberfest on the 16th, 23, and 30th. November 6, 13, and our last day is the 20th. All players must also be registered and current with their rec. membership. Membership is $10 and they only take checks or credit. Any questions, email Su at Monroespecialsports@yahoo.com
YOGA specifically adapted to those with special needs!
We still have openings for Hope's Fun Warriors Yoga at the library. There are two sessions which run from 5:15 to 5:45 and from 5:50 to 6:20; it is a mixed group of all ages, sizes, and abilities who welcome buddies, siblings, friends, and parents as well! There will be a short interim in the summer, but if interest is adequate another season will be renewed in the fall.
There is NO COST for these classes. Yoga is not merely a bunch of weird stretches with animal names to watch people awkwardly pose in; yoga helps promote flexibility and strength, mental toughness, peace, calmness, and clarity. It is not "easy" by any means, but very rewarding, and we encourage anyone from any background to give it a try! Ask any of the health professionals volunteering for MSS about their impressions of Yoga and you will be blown away!
Please contact Su at (732) 792 - 7827 with any further questions about the program. All photos where taken by Danielle Pandolfi, are posted under the Photo Album Yoga 2016, and have been posted with permission. Thanks Danielle!
Mother's Day Pictures are up!!!
Feel free to view the Mothers Day (and Fathers, or whatever other family or friends could be there) photos under the appropriately labeled Photo Album. It has been an absolute pleasure photographing you all for the last decade and watching our younger field grow up to older field players, then to volunteers and, in rare cases, coaches. You all have made wonderful, enthusiastic, energetic subjects!
MSS Buddy Ball Celebrates 10 Years!!!
It is absolutely incredible to think that a small gathering of special needs players and their families formed a club of baseball players 10 years ago, but here we are still! We all look forward to having our best season yet!
- If you know of anyone who would be interested in volunteering as a coach or buddy, please direct them to one of the on-field coaches (purple shirts). No free help will be turned away!
- Congratulations to the Mets, Yankees, Pirates, and Red Sox on an awesome parade and first day to the season! Pictures can be found under the normal tab, titled "2016 Baseball Parade."
- Please visit the donors and sponsors page and support them when you can.
- A special thank you is needed to those who have donated ten years of their lives to our programs - no small gift can every be repayment enough for what you have done to benefit the lives of children with special needs within our community! We only look to grow stronger in numbers in the future and be inclusive to even more players with special needs!
For a complete calendar listing, click here!