Announcing our NEW Division Structure for Spring 2014
**Now open to 11th & 12th Graders
The MGSL Board of Directors is continuously looking for ways to improve the softball experience for all our players. In order to achieve this goal the Board has decided to restructure our divisions as we head into our Spring 2014 season.
NEW DIVISION STRUCTURE
- Minors - Kindergarten, 1st Graders & new 2nd Graders (Mon 6pm, Sat 9am)
- Juniors - 2nd through 4th Graders (Tues 6pm, *Sat 11am)
- Seniors - 5th & 6th Graders (Wed 6pm, *Sat 1pm)
- Majors - 7th thru 12th Graders (Thurs 6pm, *Sat 3pm)
*Junior/Senior/Major Divisions have inter-town games which may be at different start times
To summarize the changes:
- All Kindergartners and 1st Graders, combined with our less experienced 2nd Graders will form our Minor Division (there is no more split between "Instructional" and "Minors"). Now as our only non-competitive division, all players will get great instruction from professional coaches Johnny Rooney & Carl Stoltenberg. Coach Rooney has been offering many programs geared towards developing the youth of Montgomery/Rocky Hill for years and is a very established softball coach at several levels. Coach Stoltenberg has many years fo experience working with the youngest age groups of Montgomery softball in both Rec and Travel programs.
- 2nd graders are moving up to join the Junior Division with the 3rd & 4th graders. We believe introducing them to a competitive division will increase their enjoyment of the season and develop their skills more rapidly. Additionally, the added element of some inter-town games with Princeton should also excite them for the season as we will be piloting inter-town games with Princeton! There will be a couple games through the season against our neighboring program in Princeton. Games will take place in both Montgomery and in Princeton at fields close to our township border.
- Senior division piloting inter-town games with Princeton! We will be having our Seniors, as the Juniors, play a couple games through the season against our neighboring program in Princeton. Games will take place in both Montgomery and in Princeton at fields close to our township border.
- Major division piloting inter-town games with Flemington/Delaware Valley! We will be having our oldest players engage in some inter-town contests with the three-team division in the Flemington/Del Val rec league. Games will take place in both Montgomery and at Flemington's Lenape Park and should really enhance the season for these girls with the added (friendly) competition!
- LEAGUE NOW OPEN TO 11th & 12th GRADERS - As we continue to look into piloting inter-town games with neighboring townships, their programs are all structured as 7th - 12th. Therefore we are opening up our registration to these grades as we try to bring our program in line for future partnerships with Flemington, Hillsborough and other interested towns.
- League Play/Practices begin April 2, 2014 and will run through early June
- Minors Begin Sessions with Coach Rooney & Coach Stoltenberg - April 26, 2014
- Somerset Patriots Night - May 17th - Joining our Peers from the Baseball league for family fun
- MBL Outdoor Movie Night - May 31st - another partnership with Baseball friends means more family fun!
Feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com for your questions.
Be sure to visit our "Bulletin Board" for "Featured" stories from the league and more information from our "FAQ" sheet