This is my annual field report and have included some complex stuff to clean up appearance and make some areas outside fields more usable. All fields are going to get weed and feed on them hopefully tomorrow and will help the weeds that are on them as of now. For the first time since I have been maintaining fields the hayride funds were able for us to apply pre emergent and post emergent fertilizer over the winter. These fertilizers prevent new weeds from germinating, but does not kill existing weeds. We will apply a weed and feed to them to kill existing weeds although there are some this product will not kill and we will need to let them burner off (poa annual, annual rye grass). The reason this product has not been applied is because of our water restrictions for the month of February is 55,000 gallons which seems like a lot but in reality pissing on turf would get it more water. Check out the following to see why
1 ½” irrigation valve can use 135 gallons per minute of run time.
To water for 45 minutes per zone uses 6075 gallons
Each field has 7-10 zones and uses 42525 gallons per cycle
We have 7 fields which to water all of them once a month uses 297675 gallons
So you can see why we have not fertilized in February as all fertilizer would have to be watered in.
Every field now has the following to help coaches do their duty of raking (2 rakes, dragger) Please make sure they are doing their part.
TBall- put up temp fence, clean signs and strap down loose signs,
Pinto- fill in holes of on deck, hole on mound, put up temp fence ???, signs cleaned and reattached, fix holes in net, cover holes on the bottom of fence in outfield, paint lines, hose out lips behind shortstop (it will take 2 days to dry out so prepare around off days if possible
Mustang- repair net, add clay bricks to right batter’s box and catchers, fix home plate, paint lines, fix bullpens
Bronco-nothing already done (can you tell which field I practice on) wait fix bullpens
Pony- Base pegs redo all of them to make straight and some are missing, straighten up mound, fix signs, fix bullpens, paint lines
Purple- Paint at least center field wall green, fix signs, paint lines, repair screen,
Pink- Man it looks awesome by the way great from road…Repair backstop pad, paint lines, repair fence in left field
All fields ant bait applied to ant mounds and also remember fan areas or practice areas. Ant bait is in white connex next to fertilizer.
All fields need to be walked down foul lines to make sure valve lids are on the water takes them far away in big rains. This week I added conditioner (Diamond Pro) to bronco, pinto, mustang and softball (2) was done in fall by Ewing irrigation. I may need help to apply on tball and pony field.
Complex- These are items that I see and some eyes will see more so please feel free to add to this list
- Clean up area around connex, possibly move them to different area to make room for building
- Repair parking lot signs, no parking areas, handicap areas, prepare road for when new entrance is open
- Clean up new walking trail behind tball and pinto and finish a little mulch
- Dig post for new signage along 1626
- Repair and wash out chalkers need this done before March 6th
- Repair fence signs
- Check scoreboard units
- Clean up junk or stuff that’s been laying around and not being used
- Repair L screens with new nets
- Repair front gate and new gate area when its ready
- Add gate in left field of pony field for blast ball fans
- Move bronco gate to left field
- Add 2 poles to catchers area by bronco field for net
- Paint green fence by softball
- Create a pitchers/catchers area in between fields
- Batting cage on front field Lets make this happen either by fundraiser or donations program is getting to big to have only one. If someone could get a parts list at least we can let people know what we need.
That’s what I got I will put these items in a spreadsheet and when someone ask what can I do to help we can send the list