Last Updated: June 25, 2016
1st Night of Spring Season Games are Posted
March 14, 2016
Thanks to all of you for being so patient this season. I will tell you it has been the hardest season to plan. Our home field has been opened up to more travel teams and has been super busy. I have been negotiating with the city on keeping our fees as low as we possibly can and getting as many nights of play as I can. I was hoping we would have some field time at HolBrook field and at Ball Ground, like we used to, but the management there is under the Creekview Football League now. We tried to work out a schedule there but the fees were going to cost each player about $60.00 more for the season. I understand the field needs renovation but I would like to keep our fees down if possible. That being said, all of our games will be at BallGround this spring. I have some more dates to confirm with the city so I have just posted this Friday nights' time slots and will get the others posted as soon as I know what they are.
Thanks again for your patience and support of NECS.
Revisions to Bracket
October 29, 2015
Please see article with revisions to bracket. These changes are effective 10-29-15
Cleats with Cleavage had enough players to play individually without combining teams (YAY) so we have added a game to the bracket and scheduled times are off by 30 minutes.
6:30 and 7:00 games did NOT change.
Jodi, your team plays at 7:30 now instead of 8:30.
All teams will play a first round before the home-run derby
Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Yall are the BEST!
Here are the time slots for the bracket games: One Pitch, Single Elimination, Team Pitcher pitches to own team
6:30 - "A" Game --- Warriors vs Tornadoes
7:00 - "B" Game --- Chicks w/Sticks vs Ammunition
7:30 - "C" Game --- Cleats w/Cleavage vs Multiple Scoregasm
8:00 - 9:00 Homerun Derby
9:00 - "D" Game --- Bad News Babes of Ball Ground vs Winner of "B" Game
9:30 - "E" Game --- Winner of "A" & "C" Game - TBA
10:00 - "F" Game --- Winner of "D" & "E" Game - TBA
Coaches, please encourage players to dress up for Halloween. This should be alot of FUN!
Also, we are having a cake walk, so if players could bring a cake to donate, that would be great! It will be $1.00 to $2.00, depending on the number of cakes, to participate in walk.
Face Painting will be available for $1.00
See Yall there!
Good Afternoon Ladies,
I wanted to post some information regarding the upcoming "Boo Tournament" on 10-30-15
We will take the wins / losses from the beginning of the season through the 10-23-15 game and set up a game bracket for game order. ***Please confirm that your team is playing so we can complete the bracket ASAP. It is not mandatory to play..but we would love to see you there.
Please review the guidelines below. All proceeds will go to Heather Weaver to help with medical expenses due to broken leg at the 10-09-15 game.
1. There is a $5.00 fee per player. Coaches, please collect from your team and turn in to Sheila. We will also have a donation jar available. Thanks in advance for being a great group of ladies!!
2. You will be allowed to dress up for Halloween, but please keep it tasteful. Do not show up barely dressed.
3. This is a 1-pitch, single elimination tournament, with a run limit of 7 runs per inning. Games should last approx. 30 minutes each
4. After the first round of games, there will be a home-run derby. This will be $5.00 per player to enter. Winner will receive 1/2 the money collected for the derby.
5. Team's pitcher will pitch to their players.
6. You will run the bases backwards. 3rd, 2nd, 1st, then home. A marker will be placed down 1st base line, if you get confused and run to 1st and cross the line, you are OUT.
7. Encourage the youth to dress up also. We will have a costume contest and a prize will go to the winner. Also, there will be face painting for all who dare :)
8. The youth will also have a longest throw competition, which is $1.00 per throw.
9. If you cannot participate, please donate for this great cause. You can contact Sheila Dobson or Kim Kilgore for information.
10. Thanks again to all the great ladies that make NECS a league to be proud of and for the community that supports our Friday night games. YOU GALS / GUYS ROCK!
Rain Rain, Go Away!
Games are cancelled tonight (10-2-15) due to the rain. Games may possibly be played on 11-13-15. We will keep you updated.
Have a safe weekend!
Games Rescheduled 9-25-15 to 11-6-15 Same Times
Due to Fall Break and most players being out of town next week, and to avoid game forfeits:
Games are rescheduled from 9-25-15 to 11-6-15...same times.
No Concession on Game Nights
September 6, 2015
SO excited for Fall Softball to begin!
Keep in mind that the city is not opening the concession at our field on game nights due to Creekland/Creekview softball games being played on the boys baseball field. We have the field only on Friday nights, so any make-up games will be hard to schedule.
Please bring water or Gatorades with you to the games.
The schedule is posted through 10-23-15, with the intention of playing a Boo Tournament on the 30th if any teams are interested. Please let Sheila know so we can schedule.
Looking forward to a great season!
NECS Ladies ROCK!!
September 16, 2015
Great games for our first Friday night of the season!! The rain couldn't hold us back! LOL!!
Be sure to check the schedules for changes..I am checking with the city to see if we can possibly move our 9/25 game to 11/7..same game times..due to Fall Break at schools and a lot of players may be out of town. I will text the coaches with definite changes.
See you gals Friday night :)