- TELL OUR SPONSORS THAT YOU SAW THEIR ADS ON THIS SITE!
- NO SHOOTING ON THE COURT DURING TIME-OUTS!
- E-Mail us at email@example.com
- NO LOITERING IN THE HALLWAYS DURING REC GAMES!
Welcome to the Home of the
OCEANPORT BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
SHORE AREA BOYS REC BASKETBALL STARTS JUNE 13, 2018
Everybody’s favorite three weeks of basketball -- Oceanport Basketball Association’s Shore Area Boys Rec Summer League – is starting on JUNE 13, 2018. Registrations will be accepted through June 10, 2018. Working around graduations, Father’s Day, 8th grade dances, class trips, baseball playoffs, 4th of July, etc., we will have a seven game schedule this year. Games will be played on Wednesdays June 13th, 20th and 27th, Fridays June 15th, 22nd and 29th and on Sunday June 24th. (See the draft game schedule at the bottom of this page. Plase note that this is not a final schedule.) As usual, only the first 54 players to sign up will be guaranteed roster spots (6 teams of 9 players each). After that, we will add teams for each additional 9 players who sign up. Captains will be picking teams on June 11th. No practices. High school kids will be coaching the teams much like they did in the winter rec program. All players must play at least half the game. A registration form can be downloaded by clicking HERE. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REMINDER REGARDING SPORTS SPECS/GLASSES
As of July 11, 2006, the laws of the State of New Jersey require that participants in youth sports who wear eyeglasses must now wear PROTECTIVE SPORTS GLASSES while playing sports. Your child will NOT be permitted to participate in any game or practice while wearing non-protective sports glasses. This is the actual body of the law:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
C.5:18-1 Protective eyewear for certain children participating in sports.
1. Any child who wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in racquetball, squash,tennis, women's lacrosse, basketball, women's field hockey, badminton, paddleball, soccer,volleyball, baseball or softball, sponsored by a school, community or government agency, shallbe required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frames standards of the American Societyfor Testing and Materials (ASTM) F803 and lens standards of the American National StandardsInstitute (ANSI) Z87.1.C.5:18-2 Grants to assist low-income families.
2. The New Jersey Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, established under P.L.1999,c.265 (C.26:1A-37.5 et seq.) is authorized to provide grants to assist low-income families inpurchasing the protective eyewear. As used in this section, a "low-income family" means afamily which qualifies for low-income housing under the standards promulgated by the Councilon Affordable Housing pursuant to the "Fair Housing Act," P.L.1985, c.222 (C.52:27D-301 etal.).C.5:18-3 Immunity from civil liability.
3. No school, community or government agency engaged in organizing, teaching, refereeingor coaching a sports activity described in section 1 of this act shall be liable in a civil action forfailure to administer or enforce the provisions of this act.4. This act shall take effect six months after the date of enactment.Approved January 11, 2006.
2016-2017 OBA REC BASKETBALL RULES - REVISED AS OF 11-14-2015
Click HERE for a copy of the rules for all three divisions as amended on 11/14/15.
MEN'S 35 AND OVER REC BASKETBALL PLAYED ON SUNDAYS 8:00 to 10:00 AM
Men's 35 and Older recreation basketball pick up games at Maple Place School are open to all Oceanport residents 35 and older on Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Out of shape has beens and never wuzzes who live in Oceanport and who are at least 35 years of age are invited to play something that resembles basketball, except that it is played in very, very slow motion. Schoolyard rules (call your own fouls, all shots count as 1 point, losers sit, John Feiter is never wrong) apply.