- TELL OUR SPONSORS THAT YOU SAW THEIR ADS ON THIS SITE!
- NO SHOOTING ON THE COURT DURING TIME-OUTS!
- E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NO LOITERING IN THE HALLWAYS DURING REC GAMES!
Welcome to the Home of the
OCEANPORT BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
PRACTICES THIS WEEK LIMITED TO ROOKIES, JUNIORS and INTERMEDIATE GIRLS!
With the exception of four Intermediate Boys games this Saturday, we have concluded the 2018 rec basketball season. There will be no practices this week, however, for the Intermediate Boys. Rookies (1st and 2nd Graders) will still have their practices on Monday and Tuesday of this week (March 12th and 13th) per the normal schedule. Junior Boys, Junior Girls and Intermediate Girls are free to conduct one last practice this week at the discretion of each team's coach. There will be no Senior Boys practices.
2018 SHORE AREA HIGH SCHOOL BOYS SPRING LEAGUE REGISTRATIONS DUE BY MARCH 31, 2018!
Everybody's favorite basketball season -- the Shore Area High School Boys Rec League -- begins on April 8th this year and registrations are due no later than Saturday, March 31, 2018. ONLY THE FIRST 54 REGISTRATIONS ARE GUARANTEED A ROSTER SPOT (six teams of nine players each), so submit your registration ASAP! You can download a registration form by clicking HERE.
REMINDER REGARDING SPORTS SPECS/GLASSES
As of July 11, 2006, the laws of the State of New Jersey require that participants in youth sports who wear eyeglasses must now wear PROTECTIVE SPORTS GLASSES while playing sports. Your child will NOT be permitted to participate in any game or practice while wearing non-protective sports glasses. This is the actual body of the law:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
C.5:18-1 Protective eyewear for certain children participating in sports.
1. Any child who wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in racquetball, squash,tennis, women's lacrosse, basketball, women's field hockey, badminton, paddleball, soccer,volleyball, baseball or softball, sponsored by a school, community or government agency, shallbe required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frames standards of the American Societyfor Testing and Materials (ASTM) F803 and lens standards of the American National StandardsInstitute (ANSI) Z87.1.C.5:18-2 Grants to assist low-income families.
2. The New Jersey Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, established under P.L.1999,c.265 (C.26:1A-37.5 et seq.) is authorized to provide grants to assist low-income families inpurchasing the protective eyewear. As used in this section, a "low-income family" means afamily which qualifies for low-income housing under the standards promulgated by the Councilon Affordable Housing pursuant to the "Fair Housing Act," P.L.1985, c.222 (C.52:27D-301 etal.).C.5:18-3 Immunity from civil liability.
3. No school, community or government agency engaged in organizing, teaching, refereeingor coaching a sports activity described in section 1 of this act shall be liable in a civil action forfailure to administer or enforce the provisions of this act.4. This act shall take effect six months after the date of enactment.Approved January 11, 2006.
2016-2017 OBA REC BASKETBALL RULES - REVISED AS OF 11-14-2015
Click HERE for a copy of the rules for all three divisions as amended on 11/14/15.
MEN'S 35 AND OVER REC BASKETBALL PLAYED ON SUNDAYS 8:00 to 10:00 AM
Men's 35 and Older recreation basketball pick up games at Maple Place School are open to all Oceanport residents 35 and older on Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Out of shape has beens and never wuzzes who live in Oceanport and who are at least 35 years of age are invited to play something that resembles basketball, except that it is played in very, very slow motion. Schoolyard rules (call your own fouls, all shots count as 1 point, losers sit, John Feiter is never wrong) apply.