- TELL OUR SPONSORS THAT YOU SAW THEIR ADS ON THIS SITE!
- NO SHOOTING ON THE COURT DURING TIME-OUTS!
- E-Mail us at email@example.com
- NO LOITERING IN THE HALLWAYS DURING REC GAMES!
Welcome to the Home of the
OCEANPORT BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
ROOKIE DIVISION SCHEDULES HAVE BEEN SET!
Due to the lack of available gym space and the number of registrants in this year's Rookie Division, we have revamped our Rookie Division set up and the result is that there will be more basketball offered in the next 5 weeks than we normally offered in our 8 week program. Given the fact that the Rookie Division usually only plays one game at the end of the year and is solely focused on instruction anyway, our ten coaches have decided to maximize gym time and instructional opportunities by breaking the registrations into three separate groups (1st graders, 2nd grade boys and 2nd grade girls) and teach them as distinct groups in a clinic setting. This will enable TWO practices a week for each child rather than the past practice of one practice a week. Additionally, we have arranged for three Sunday clinics by Coach Gerry Mosley of Shoot4Success on February 25th, March 4th and March 11th. The practice and clinic schedule is as follows (they can also be accessed and downloaded by scrolling all the way to the bottom of this page and/or by clicking on the "schedules" drop down menu above) :
Monday 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm Wolf Hill School SECOND GRADE BOYS 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12
Monday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Wolf Hill School SECOND GRADE GIRLS 2/12, 2/19, 2/26, 3/5, 3/12
Tuesday 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE BOYS 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13
Tuesday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm Wolf Hill School FIRST GRADERS 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13
Tuesday 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm Wolf Hill School SECOND GRADE GIRLS 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13
Saturday 10:00 am to 11:00 am Wolf Hill School FIRST GRADERS 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17
SHOOT4SUCCESS CLINICS WITH COACH GERRY MOSLEY
Sunday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Maple Place School FIRST GRADERS 2/25
Sunday 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE BOYS 2/25
Sunday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE GIRLS 2/25
Sunday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Maple Place School FIRST GRADERS 3/4
Sunday 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE BOYS 3/4
Sunday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE GIRLS 3/4
Sunday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm Maple Place School FIRST GRADERS 3/11
Sunday 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE BOYS 3/11
Sunday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm Maple Place School SECOND GRADE GIRLS 3/11
The ten volunteer coaches in this division are:
They will be looking for other parents to assist with the stations at the practices. Coach Gerry Mosley will be stopping in at some of the weeknight practices to provide some input and oversight as in past years.
REMINDER REGARDING SPORTS SPECS/GLASSES
As of July 11, 2006, the laws of the State of New Jersey require that participants in youth sports who wear eyeglasses must now wear PROTECTIVE SPORTS GLASSES while playing sports. Your child will NOT be permitted to participate in any game or practice while wearing non-protective sports glasses. This is the actual body of the law:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
C.5:18-1 Protective eyewear for certain children participating in sports.
1. Any child who wears corrective eyeglasses while participating in racquetball, squash,tennis, women's lacrosse, basketball, women's field hockey, badminton, paddleball, soccer,volleyball, baseball or softball, sponsored by a school, community or government agency, shallbe required to wear protective eyewear that meets the frames standards of the American Societyfor Testing and Materials (ASTM) F803 and lens standards of the American National StandardsInstitute (ANSI) Z87.1.C.5:18-2 Grants to assist low-income families.
2. The New Jersey Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, established under P.L.1999,c.265 (C.26:1A-37.5 et seq.) is authorized to provide grants to assist low-income families inpurchasing the protective eyewear. As used in this section, a "low-income family" means afamily which qualifies for low-income housing under the standards promulgated by the Councilon Affordable Housing pursuant to the "Fair Housing Act," P.L.1985, c.222 (C.52:27D-301 etal.).C.5:18-3 Immunity from civil liability.
3. No school, community or government agency engaged in organizing, teaching, refereeingor coaching a sports activity described in section 1 of this act shall be liable in a civil action forfailure to administer or enforce the provisions of this act.4. This act shall take effect six months after the date of enactment.Approved January 11, 2006.
2016-2017 OBA REC BASKETBALL RULES - REVISED AS OF 11-14-2015
Click HERE for a copy of the rules for all three divisions as amended on 11/14/15.
MEN'S 35 AND OVER REC BASKETBALL PLAYED ON SUNDAYS 8:00 to 10:00 AM
Men's 35 and Older recreation basketball pick up games at Maple Place School are open to all Oceanport residents 35 and older on Sundays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Out of shape has beens and never wuzzes who live in Oceanport and who are at least 35 years of age are invited to play something that resembles basketball, except that it is played in very, very slow motion. Schoolyard rules (call your own fouls, all shots count as 1 point, losers sit, John Feiter is never wrong) apply.