- DO YOU WANT TO PLAY SOFTBALL?
- WHETHER YOU'RE JUST LEARNING OR A SEASONED PLAYER --
- WE HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU!
- CHECK OUT OUR PROGRAM!
2018 WINTER OPEN GYM
HERE IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR...
2018 WINTER OPEN GYM INFORMATION
Sundays: Jan 7th - Feb 25th
2nd/3rd/4th Graders: 3pm-4:15pm - Lead: Ryan Monte & Scott Zagrodnik
5th & 6th Graders: 4:15pm-5:45pm - Lead: Breanna Guenther - U14 Oregon Metro Coach
7th & 8th Graders: 5:45pm-7:15pm - Lead: Breanna Guenther - U14 Oregon Metro Coach
Oregon Youth Softball Open Gym FAQ
What is Open Gym?
Open Gym is a FREE fun opportunity for girls to learn and practice softball skills with the help of coaches and parents from OYS. During each Open Gym we focus on basic skills such as throwing, hitting, and pitching. Open Gyms are structured events - participants are led through a series of drills and taught basic techniques, appropriate to their age and experience level.
When is Open Gym?
● January, February - Sunday afternoon/early evening
● 60 to 75 minutes, depending on age.
● If weather is questionable we may cancel the open gym. For notice see the website, www.oregonyouthsoftball.com & our facebook page, Oregon Youth Softball Association.
Who can attend?
● All Oregon-Brooklyn softball players & all girls who are interested in softball in the Oregon School District.
● All are welcome - current players and girls who have never played!
● Open Gyms are broken down by age.
● Check the schedule on oregonyouthsoftball.com to see which Open Gym your daughter should attend.
Where is Open Gym?
Netherwood Knoll (NKE) Elementary in the big gym. Enter off of Main Street, just north of Gorman & Company. Go in the doors on the right.
Who Leads Open Gyms?
Open gyms are led by OYS softball coaches & assistant coaches, most often by the grade level that they coach. These leads will be directing the players with drills and structure. We always need parent assistant/support. Just let the lead know when you arrive if you can help. The more support the more the players get from the experience.
How do I participate?
● Check the schedule on oregonyouthsoftball.com to see which Open Gym time slot to attend. No registration is necessary.
● Bring your own bat, glove, a batting helmet (bicycle helmet works fine), water bottle and a good attitude! We provide balls & whiffles (no hard balls allowed in the gym) We have a few extra bats & helmets, but we encourage players to bring their own. Use of our equipment is at your own risk.
What do players do when they arrive?
● Leave their bags, boots, gear & water bottles in the hallway. No food/drink allowed in gym.
● Check in with the open gym lead.
PARENTS MUST STAY AT NETHERWOOD KNOLL GYM DURING OPEN GYM
Due to liabilities, parents are unable to drop-off their child.
This provides a good opportunity to help with each station and learn how you can help your child learn the sport of softball.