Welcome to the Home of
New for the 2014/2015 season:
- Thursday night matches - In years past we have made the last practice of the season an intra-squad match night, with good results. This season, for the younger guys, the last Thurday practice of each month will be match night. We will run matches with a referee and scorekeeping, with each wrestler getting at least a couple of matches. So circle your calendar for the December, January, and February match nights.
- Fight Shorts - All Parkway wrestlers will receive their own pair of fight shorts.
- More competitions - This season we are focused on getting the boys more opportunities to compete in a dual meet format on Saturday mornings.
- Practices start Tuesday December 2!
Registration Now Open for 2014-2015 Season
Registration is now open for the 2014-2015 Parkway Youth Wrestling season! Parkway is open to boys in grades K-8. No experience necessary! The program consists of two teams, K-2 and 3-8:
The K-2* program teaches wrestling fundamentals using primarily a combative games-based approach. Kids spend the first part of practice running, stretching out, doing calisthenics, and combative games. The second part of practice is teaching wrestling techniques. The final part of practice is live wrestling, where the boys wrestle matches. This is not drop-off, a parent or guardian must be at every practice and match.
The 3-8 program also teaches wrestling fundamentals but has a greater focus on teaching more technique and preparing the boys for the state and sectional championships. There is a greater emphasis on live wrestling and a more serious tone for this level.
Dates: December through February
Times: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-7:30pm and most Saturday mornings
(K-2 team practices will end at 7:15)
Where: Roxbury Latin School, West Roxbury
Cost: $125 per child, $225 per family - This fee includes t-shirt, fight shorts, and USA Wrestling card.
* - 2nd graders that wrestled in our program last year can practice with the 3-8 program.
Highlights From 2013/2014 Season:
Some of the highlights from last season:
- Over 75 team members in grades K-8
- Neighborhoods/towns represented include West Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park, Needham, Brookline, Walpole, Dover, Westwood, and Medfield
- Cam Nahim (grade 7) takes 5th at the state tournament!
- Jimmy Sullivan (grade 6) takes 5th at the state tournament!
- State qualifiers in grades 5-8 include Chris Marinelli, Luke Albanese, Shawn Hardiman, and Quinn Cashman.
- Auden Duda (grade 1) wins a state championship!
- Placewinners at the K-4 MA State Championships include Hayden Rose, Baron Langston Jr, Jack Wajda, Henry Seo, Marco Conte, Aydin Hodjat, Navid Hodjat, and Eric Power.