- WORK HARD
- PLAY FAIR
- HAVE FUN
The PASADENA BASEBALL CLUB is a community-based youth baseball organization in Pasadena, Maryland.
2017 Fall Baseball
- Clinic and Intramural Teams will be formed in the first weeks of August. Players will be contacted by their team manager by about the 15th of August.
2017 Spring and Summer Baseball
- Clinic Baseball continues through to the weekend of Saturday 6/17.
- Intramural Baseball continues into July:
- The PBC World Series Champions (our intramural championship tournament) - the 8U Dodgers (Friend), 10U Orioles (Bostic), 12U Orioles (Henry), 15U Eagles Black (Roy).
- The Co-op World Series - the 8U Dodgers & Nationals, 10U Orioles & Nationals, and 15U Black all advanced to the semifinals of their brackets. See www.aabaseballcoop.org for details.
- We have Tournament Teams in 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, and 15U participating in local tournaments, such as LFYAA, North County, and Glen Burnie. Visit Facebook for more hype on these teams and their schedules.
- Travel Baseball continues into July. Most of our teams are registered in various area, regional, and even national tournaments. See the Travel page on the left menu for more details.
Congrats to Josh Hader!
Josh Hader was called up to the Milwaukee Brewers and played his first Major League game on Saturday 6/10, pitching one complete inning in relief and recording his first strikeout. Josh is the son of Tom Hader, who runs the umpire group that PBC has been using for it's intramural program, and many travel teams, for at least 10 years now.
Congrats Josh, and good luck!
Flagpole Project - Seeking Sponsors
The new flagpole has FINALLY been installed! We plan to have a dedication ceremony on Opening Day, or if necessary, at some point later in the season.
We will also be installing a permanent dedication marker/monument as part of the flagpole.
We are still looking for sponsors to help us offset the cost of the pole, its installation, and surrounding landscaping. If you wish to help out, please consider one of the following donation levels:
- $100 - recognition on our website, from the time we receive the contribution, up to one year after dedication of the flagpole.
- $250 - same as $100, plus their business name engraved on the permanent metal marker to be installed near the flagpole.
- $500 - same as $250, plus their engraving in a larger font size on the same marker.
Thanks for your consideration to help our community! Donations of any amount can be made electronically on this website under SPONSORS on the left menu.
If you have questions, or want to make a contribution in person, please contact Fred Engel email@example.com 410-897-2119.
||With deep sadness the Pasadena Baseball Club would like to pass our condolences along to the Wark family.
Jon Wark, a coach for us, and previous player, passed away on February 22, 2017.
His Dad and brothers were all a product of our league and carried the tradition up to Northeast.
Wishing comfort to the Wark family in this difficult time.
Sportsmanship - Work Hard, Play Fair, Have Fun!
An old adage is that sports builds character. Sadly, it is often the case the sports reveals character.
Good sportsmanship IS NOT CONDITIONAL on the other guy being a good sport. Good sportsmanship is tested and proven by how you behave when the other guy is being a poor sport.
The Pasadena Baseball Club has a zero tolerance for unsportsmanlike conduct. Whether you participate in our very relaxed Clinic program, our typical "rec ball" Intramural program, or our highly competitive Travel program, we expect all of our players, managers, coaches, and spectators to demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct at all times. If you can't conduct yourself accordingly, we ask that you please not join our Club or come out to the park.
To help promote and ensure that all our members use good sportsmanship, the Club has established a Sportsmanship Board to promote and correct unsportsmanlike conduct.
Sportsmanship Board Members
Tom Henry, President
Jaime Yozsa, VP-Clinic
Paul Hilton, VP-Intramural
Adam Bolling, VP-Travel
TBD, at large member
We have adopted Anne Arundel County Rec & Parks Code of Ethics and will consult their Disciplinary Actions as necessary. Our Sportsmanship Policy is located under Handouts, and Coach's Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Actions are located under Coaches Box. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact a member of the Sportsmanship Board.
Join the Club
Guess What? You already have!
Your registration fee was actually a membership fee - and with that membership you get the right to help your Club and community to be the best that it can be. And if it isn't the best it can be, its probably only because you haven't taken full advantage of your membership rights.
So please - we are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for more volunteers.
- Executive Board Members- Organize and lead the basic operations of the Club.
- Associate Board Members - Assist the Executive Board Members in specific functions, such as division directors, fundraising activities, etc.
- Committee Workers - Help complete short-term specific tasks, such as Opening Day activities, Team Pictures, etc.
If you want to help, please contact the appropriate Board Member listed under Contacts, or the President of the Club.
- Managers - Organize and lead each team.
- Coaches - Assist a manager in teaching baseball.
- Team Mom/Dad - Assists a manager in keeping other parents informed of Club activities.
* ALL board members, managers and coaches must complete a background investigation by Rec & Parks - see Coaches Info for more details.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!