- WORK HARD
- PLAY FAIR
- HAVE FUN
2016 Fall Baseball
* ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW ACTIVE.
* Go to Player Registration page for more information on registration.
* Go to FALL BASEBALL page for more information on the fall baseball program.
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* All forms completed and paid BEFORE July 1, 2016 will be automatically entered in a raffle for $50 REFUND of registration fee.
* All forms completed and paid AFTER July 31, 2016 may be subject to a LATE FEE, if spots are still open.
Mention PBC for Discount on Card
WAIT LIST STATUS
* Clinic 6U - FULL, wait list started
* Intramural 8U - FULL, wait list started
* Intramural 10U - FULL, wait list started
* Intramural 12U - FULL, wait list started
* Intramural 15U - FULL, wait list started
* Travel (includes HSE) - check with travel/HSE managers
REMINDER - ALL FORMS COMPLETED AFTER JULY 31, 2016 MAY BE SUBJECT TO A LATE FEE, EVEN IF SPOTS ARE STILL OPEN.
Travel Team Tryouts for 2017 Season
* 8U-B Eagles - Manager Steve Kendall. Sat 8/27 10am and Say 9/10 9am - at Havenwood Park Field #4. Contact Steve Kendall 443-370-2307 email@example.com.
* 9U Eagles - Manager Paul Hilton. Thu 7/14 6pm and Fri 7/15 6pm - at Havenwood Park Field #1. Contact Paul Hilton firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 10U-A Eagles - Manager Rodney Sterry. Sat 6/23 1pm, Sun 6/24 1pm, Sat 7/6 11am, Sun 7/7 11am - all at Havenwood Park Field #1. Contact Jennifer Sterry 410-320-4425 email@example.com. Tryout Flyer.
* 10U-B Eagles - Manager Adam Bolling. Wed 7/27, 6pm, at Northeast HS baseball field. Contact Adam Bolling 410-320-9280 firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 11U Eagles - Manager Rick Furrow. Sat 7/16 and Sun 7/17 - both 9-11am at Havenwood Park Field #2. Contact Rick Furrow email@example.com.
* 12U Eagles - Manager Dan Johnson. Sat 7/30, Sun 7/31, and Sun 8/7 - all at 11am on Havenwood Park Field #2. Contact Dan Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 13U Eagles - Manager Jim Knipple. Fri 8/5 & Mon 8/8, 6-8pm on George Fox field #2; and Sat 8/13, 10a-12pm on George Fox field #2 for returning players. Contact Jim Knipple email@example.com.
* 14U Eagles - Manager Steve Kanipe. Sun 8/14 & Sun 8/21, 10a-12pm on George Fox field#2. Contact Gina Kanipe firstname.lastname@example.org.
||With deep sadness the Pasadena Baseball Club would like to pass our condolences along to the Robinette family.
Walt Robinette, who helped coach one of our travel teams, passed away Monday, May 9.
He also managed our teams in the past, and volunteered in other local community sports organizations.
Those that knew Walt understand what a loss this is. Prayers to the family.
Flagpole Project - Seeking Sponsors
The new flagpole has FINALLY been installed! We plan to have a dedication ceremony on Opening Day, or if necessary, at some point later in the season.
We will also be installing a permanent dedication marker/monument as part of the flagpole.
We are still looking for sponsors to help us offset the cost of the pole, its installation, and surrounding landscaping. If you wish to help out, please consider one of the following donation levels:
All sponsors that contribute $100 or more for this specific project will receive recognition on our website, from the time we receive the contribution, up to one year after dedication of the flagpole.
All sponsors that contribute $250 or more for this specific project will get their business name engraved on the permanent metal marker to be installed near the flagpole.
All sponsors that contribute $500 or more will have their engraving in a larger font size on the same marker.
Thanks for your consideration to help our community! Donations of any amount can be made electronically on this website under SPONSORS on the left menu.
If you have questions, or want to make a contribution in person, please contact Fred Engel email@example.com 410-897-2119.
Major League Baseball isn't necessarily the best place to look for consistent good sportsmanship, but here's one example:
On June 2, 2010, Detroit Tiger pitcher Armando Galarraga was one out away from pitching what should have become the 21st perfect game in major league history. The next batter grounded to the first baseman, but he was called safe at first by the umpire. Galarraga knew the runner should have been called out. Even the runner thought he was out. And TV instant replay (before official reviews were allowed) confirmed for everyone that the runner was indeed out.
So what did Galarraga do? He simply smiled, walked back to the mound, and pitched to the next batter. The story is made even better by the fact that Galarraga remained focussed and got the next batter out for the shutout win, but what makes him a good sport is that when he was unfairly cheated out of a perfect game, he said not one word to the umpire, smiled good-naturedly, and got immediately back to work.
And the firstbase umpire, Jim Joyce, who thought the runner was out when he made the call, later saw the slow replay and realized he had made a mistake. Joyce immediately apologized to Galarraga, and Galarraga immediately and graciously accepted.
Still officially no perfect game in the record books, but PERFECT SPORTSMANSHIP all around.
Sportsmanship - Work Hard, Play Fair, Have Fun!
An old adage is that sports builds character. Sadly, it is often the case the sports reveals character.
Good sportsmanship IS NOT CONDITIONAL on the other guy being a good sport. Good sportsmanship is tested and proven by how you behave when the other guy is being a poor sport.
The Pasadena Baseball Club has a zero tolerance for unsportsmanlike conduct. Whether you participate in our very relaxed Clinic program, our typical "rec ball" Intramural program, or our highly competitive Travel program, we expect all of our players, managers, coaches, and spectators to demonstrate sportsmanlike conduct at all times. If you can't conduct yourself accordingly, we ask that you please not join our Club or come out to the park.
To help promote and ensure that all our members use good sportsmanship, the Club has established a Sportsmanship Board to promote and correct unsportsmanlike conduct.
Sportsmanship Board Members
Tom Henry, President
Ray Mills, VP-Clinic
Paul Hilton, VP-Intramural
Tim Rathell, VP-Travel
TBD, at large member
We have adopted Anne Arundel County Rec & Parks Code of Ethics and will consult their Disciplinary Actions as necessary. Our Sportsmanship Policy is located under Handouts, and Coach's Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Actions are located under Coaches Box. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact a member of the Sportsmanship Board.
Guess What? You already have!
Your registration fee was actually a membership fee - and with that membership you get the right to help your Club and community to be the best that it can be. And if it isn't the best it can be, its probably only because you haven't taken full advantage of your membership rights.
So please - we are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for more volunteers.
Executive Board Members
- Organize and lead the basic operations of the Club.
Associate Board Members - Assist the Executive Board Members in specific functions, such as division directors, fundraising activities, etc.
- Help complete short-term specific tasks, such as Opening Day activities, Team Pictures, etc.
If you want to help, please contact the appropriate Board Member listed under Contacts, or the President of the Club.
Team Volunteers Managers - Organize and lead each team.
- Assist a manager in teaching baseball.
Team Parent - Assists a manager in keeping other parents informed of Club activities.
* ALL board members, managers and coaches must complete a background investigation by Rec & Parks - see Coaches Info for more details.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!