After being informed of the issue of Hand Foot Mouth disease today that has spread among some of our team members; I have been in contact with Mr. Remsing, Trainer KC and our team doctor, Dr. Andy Goodbred from St. Luke's for a good portion of this morning and afternoon.
The following will be our course of actions:
1) Trainer Kasey Meckes put together a handout that is attached concerning the disease.
2) The locker room, weight room and trainers room will be sanitized on Monday by school personnel.
3) Players are highly encouraged to bring their OWN water bottles to practice this week and NOT SHARE with anyone.
4) The JV game on Monday vs. Palisades has been CANCELLED.
5) To avoid as much physical contact between our players: we will not practice on Monday, nor lift or watch film.
6) We are asking players come in to grab all their cloth and take everything home and wash it. Players should report at 3:30 pm
7) We are asking players to disinfect their helmets and shoulders pads - cleaning materials and gloves will be provided.
8) New mouth pieces will be given to all players
9) To get a handle on the situation so that I can report to the team doctor, I am asking any player or parent to contact me so I can inform him.
10) Players must practice good hygiene practices that are listed in the handout.
11) Any player that thinks they may have symptoms should be checked out further or see a training staff member.
Rest assured we are doing everything on our end to prevent the further spread of this disease. Panther Valley had 2 players impacted this year along with other schools.
Working together we can hopefully minimize the spread of things.
Any questions/concerns please feel free to contact myself of Mr. Remsing.