|| Next Meeting:
August 9th @ 7p, Palmerton Borough Hall, meeting room
- LETS GO BLUE!
- ALL IN!
- BOMBER PRIDE
As when the season closes and awards or other related news is released, It will be posted under the menu section (on the left), "Bomber in the News!" Please check back with all the updates, and like us on Facebook to receive additional news.
Welcome 2016 Officers!
President - Jess MooneyVice President - Anne HowardSecretary - Stacey Stasko
Treasurer - Stacy Connell
From Trainer Kasey:
Athletes parents must sign these forms to give permission allowing direct communication of necessary medical information between myself, Dave, Dr. Goodbred, and Orthopedic Physicians.
Please return both forms to the training staff.
> HIPAA Privacy Authorization
> Youth Patient Consent
After being informed of the issue of Hand Foot Mouth disease today that has spread among some of our team members; I have been in contact with Mr. Remsing, Trainer KC and our team doctor, Dr. Andy Goodbred from St. Luke's for a good portion of this morning and afternoon.
The following will be our course of actions:
1) Trainer Kasey Meckes put together a handout that is attached concerning the disease.
2) The locker room, weight room and trainers room will be sanitized on Monday by school personnel.
3) Players are highly encouraged to bring their OWN water bottles to practice this week and NOT SHARE with anyone.
4) The JV game on Monday vs. Palisades has been CANCELLED.
5) To avoid as much physical contact between our players: we will not practice on Monday, nor lift or watch film.
6) We are asking players come in to grab all their cloth and take everything home and wash it. Players should report at 3:30 pm
7) We are asking players to disinfect their helmets and shoulders pads - cleaning materials and gloves will be provided.
8) New mouth pieces will be given to all players
9) To get a handle on the situation so that I can report to the team doctor, I am asking any player or parent to contact me so I can inform him.
10) Players must practice good hygiene practices that are listed in the handout.
11) Any player that thinks they may have symptoms should be checked out further or see a training staff member.
Rest assured we are doing everything on our end to prevent the further spread of this disease. Panther Valley had 2 players impacted this year along with other schools.
Working together we can hopefully minimize the spread of things.
Any questions/concerns please feel free to contact myself of Mr. Remsing.
PRACTICE TUESDAY, July 12th - Passing scrimmage at 9:30am. We are leaving the parking lot at 8:20 am - Lineman who are not going should have rides pick them up, no later than 8am that morning.
248 East for 5.7 miles
Make RIGHT onto Blue Mountain Drive for .2 miles
1st LEFT onto Cherryville road - proceed 4.5 miles
Turn slight right onto Main St. proceed .5 miles
Turn left onto E 21st St/PA-329. proceed .3 miles (Assante's Italian Restaurant on corner)
- Make a Right onto Laubach Avenue
Due to construction use the following!
- As you are driving down Laubach Avenue, drive past the high school.
- At the bottom of the hill, make a left onto Smith Lane. (By the Police Station)
- Go to the stop sign and make a left onto Ed Pany Drive (You will see the new Middle School at this point)
- Make next right onto Atlas Drive
- Drive around to the back of the middle school. (There is a parking lot there)
- Walk up the stairs to the stadium
Please review the Bombers in the new website section. For 2015 data
Dear 8th grade Parents/Players:
On Monday, January 4th
the weight room will be open for any 8th grade player playing football next season. The weight room will be open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday on school days and we will work out starting after school until approximately 4:30
. As we move through the workouts players will become more efficient and may be done by 4:00
. Any 8th grade player planning to play football should try their best to attend as many lifting workouts to learn our programs and get stronger for the following season.
Players should report right to the weight room after school (located under the bleachers) Players should bring a change of clothes to work out in.
If a player is currently involved in a winter sport that is totally fine; we as a football staff promote playing as many sports as possible to help the school's athletic programs. If you are not currently playing a winter sport, you should be in attendance regularly. We will have current members of the high school team working out as well. This is a good time to get to learn the programs, plays and terminology later on in the year, bond with players on the team and work with our staff.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Monday!
"For the strength of the pack is the wolf.
And the strength of the wolf is the pack"
- Rudyard Kipling -
For a complete schedule listing, click here!