Rochester Lightning Fundraising for Hurricane Irma Families!
The Rochester Lightning Fast Pitch Organization has partnered with Big City Sportswear and we have made the decision to give back to those who suffered losses at the hands of Hurricane Irma. The E.G. Force Fast Pitch Organization (in Florida) is currently raising funds to help other softball families who were victims of Hurricane Irma. Our goal to raise between $500 and $1000 to send to Florida on behalf of those in need. We will donate $10 per shirt purchased. Shirts are $15.00. If you are interested in purchasing a Homeruns for Hurricanes t-shirt, please click on the link on our home page on the right hand side and complete the required information. After filling out form, please mail a check to:
C/O Homeruns for Hurricanes T-Shirt
PO BOX 64586
Rochester, NY 14624
ALL ORDERS DUE: October 20th, 2017
Rochester Lightning Major Announcement!!!
It is with great excitement that the Rochester Lightning Fastpitch Softball Organization are proud to welcome The Penfield Cobras and their families as the newest members of the Rochester Lightning Family. This is an exciting day for the Rochester Lightning organization and we look forward to our new players and families joining our teams.
The Rochester Lightning and Penfield Cobras Coaches, Families, and Players would like to thank Gus Simon for all of his dedication over the years to growing and maintaining the Penfield Cobras organization and we all look forward to carrying out the same mission and vision he had many years ago.
Jennie Finch and The Rochester Lightning
On February 13th, 2017: Seven of our Rochester Lightning 14u Members traveled to Skidmore College to train with Jennie Finch, The Skidmore Softball Team, and The Skidmore Softball Coaches. They learned a lot from everyone involved and are looking forward to sharing that knowledge with the rest of the team.
Special Thanks to Jennie Finch and Skidmore College Softball for an amazing day!!!
Lightning Players To Train With Jennie Finch!!!
On February 12th, 2017, 7 of our Lightning Players will be making the journey to Skidmore College and train with USA Olympic Softball Pitcher Jennie Finch. She will focus on Pitching, Catching, Hitting, Agility, and Other Mental Aspects of the game.
Have fun Ava, Hannah, Jenna, Jolie, Lacey, Lauren, and Serenity. Bring back lots of information for the rest of the team!! We all look forward to hearing about your amazing training experience.
Bath Fitter Raffle Winner Announced!!!
Winner: Krystyna Wolf
Lightning Player Ticket Seller: Serenity Brown #00
Thank you to everyone who supported the Rochester Lightning 14U Fastpitch Softball Team. This girls raised $1,675. Thank you again to everyone who participated!!
2016-2017 Rochester Lightning
10 Motivational Softball Quotes
1. “This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down.”
2. “Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at a time.”
3. “The majority of players have to learn to be confident, just like players have to learn to throw a ball. It’s a process and it gets stronger the more it’s practiced. Even if you have to fake it to practice it, fake it until it becomes real. You WILL start to believe it.”
4. “ANYONE can be on a team, but NOT just anyone can be a loyal leader who people look to and who rises above all the negativity and drama.”
5. “The true definition of confidence has nothing to do with other people who surround us and statistics on a sheet of paper. The only place that confidence comes is from inside YOU. Yes, you. Our confidence belongs to us, no one else.”
6. “Every morning we wake up we have a choice at how we are going to believe in ourselves. Too easily we forget, especially when we are in the middle of a whirlwind of a season, that every day we wake up is a new day, and you have a choice every morning if and how you are going to believe in yourself. You own that belief. No one else does.”
7.“When you take the field or look at yourself in the mirror, YOU must be the one to believe that YOU are meant to do great things. YOU get to show everyone what you are made of and your love for the game.”
8. “Realize this: We aren’t going to be perfect with our outcomes/results, in this game of failure we call softball. However, every time you are in a pressure situation it’s a chance to prove that you’re in the “perfect” frame of mind. The “success” and “failure” comes from being in the right frame of mind and giving yourself a chance to have success when the big moment comes; it doesn’t always necessarily come with the outcome, despite what all eyes watching might think. Results will come once the frame of mind has been altered.”
9. “The only way you won’t “make it” is if you don’t have passion for something and don’t work hard enough at it – with all my heart I believe that. When you have passion for where ever your heart wants to take you, it drives you, it gives you direction and it gives you momentum. Let your passion push you to your dreams. Your passion is the driving force behind your energy and motivation.”
10. “Passion creates work ethic. Work ethic creates possibilities. Possibilities creates happiness.”
Rochester Lighting Program
"We are not a team because we play together. We are a team because we respect, trust, and care for each other both on and off the field."