Welcome to the home of the
16u Fisher Looking For A Pitcher!!
The Rochester Lightning 16u (Fisher)
The Rochester Lightning 16u Fisher team has an immediate opening on our roster for a 16u Pitcher.
For more information about our team and schedule, please visit: www.leaguelineup.com/rochesterlightning
For more information about the position and a tryout, please email or call either of the below contacts:
Jeff Fisher: (585)500-5154 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Joe Lynch: (585)766-8769 (email@example.com)
Rochester Lightning 16u (Carr) places 3rd at March Madness Tournament!!
The Rochester Lightning 16u (Carr) team traveled to Hershey Park this weekend to compete in the March Madness Tournament. They played four games on Saturday finishing with a 2-2 record and claiming 3rd place and earning a berth to USSSA Nationals. On Sunday, the team celebrated with their plaque at Hershey's Chocolate Factory. Great job ladies!! Looking forward to an amazing season!!
University of Rochester Softball hosts the St. Lawrence University Saints
April 8th, 2018
1:00 pm and 3:00 pm
Southside Field (200 Kendrick Rd)
Rochester Lightning Players and Families - let's get out and support the Yellowjackets as an organization!!
*Mark Your Calendars - looking forward to a fun filled day of softball*
Rochester Lightning Expanding Again!!!!
We know that everyone is gearing up for their 2017-2018 season but we are proud to announce that The Rochester Lightning Organization will be offering a 12u and 18u team for the 2018-2019 season. Tryouts will be at the end of July or Early August. More Information to come, pass the word!!
Have a great 2017-2018 Travel Season!!!
2017-2018 Bath Fitter Raffle Winners Announced!!!
The Rochester Lightning Organization would like to thank you for all of your support for this years Bath Fitter Raffle. As an organization we sold 1,437 tickets and raised $7,185. The players, coaches, and families thank you for supporting The Rochester Lightning for their upcoming season. All the winners are posted below.
1st Place Winner (Bath Fitter): Michael Hershelman
2nd Place Winner (48' TV): Sara Whitwell
3rd Place Winner (Gas Grill): Kerry Pallavicini
Thank you again for all of your support and check out our schedules to catch us at a field near you!!
Rochester Lightning Fundraising for Hurricane Irma Families!
The Rochester Lightning Fast Pitch Organization has partnered with Big City Sportswear and we have made the decision to give back to those who suffered losses at the hands of Hurricane Irma. The E.G. Force Fast Pitch Organization (in Florida) is currently raising funds to help other softball families who were victims of Hurricane Irma. Although we didn't reach our goal, The Rochester Lightning Organization raised $400 to help those that suffered losses at the hands of Hurricane Irma. Thank you to all who supported The Lightning Organization and this cause!! Your support was greatly appreciated!!
Rochester Lightning Major Announcement!!!
It is with great excitement that the Rochester Lightning Fastpitch Softball Organization are proud to welcome The Penfield Cobras and their families as the newest members of the Rochester Lightning Family. This is an exciting day for the Rochester Lightning organization and we look forward to our new players and families joining our teams.
The Rochester Lightning and Penfield Cobras Coaches, Families, and Players would like to thank Gus Simon for all of his dedication over the years to growing and maintaining the Penfield Cobras organization and we all look forward to carrying out the same mission and vision he had many years ago.
Jennie Finch and The Rochester Lightning
On February 13th, 2017: Seven of our Rochester Lightning 14u Members traveled to Skidmore College to train with Jennie Finch, The Skidmore Softball Team, and The Skidmore Softball Coaches. They learned a lot from everyone involved and are looking forward to sharing that knowledge with the rest of the team.
Special Thanks to Jennie Finch and Skidmore College Softball for an amazing day!!!
Lightning Players To Train With Jennie Finch!!!
On February 12th, 2017, 7 of our Lightning Players will be making the journey to Skidmore College and train with USA Olympic Softball Pitcher Jennie Finch. She will focus on Pitching, Catching, Hitting, Agility, and Other Mental Aspects of the game.
Have fun Ava, Hannah, Jenna, Jolie, Lacey, Lauren, and Serenity. Bring back lots of information for the rest of the team!! We all look forward to hearing about your amazing training experience.
2016-2017 Rochester Lightning
10 Motivational Softball Quotes
1. “This game is about the long run. LIFE is about the long run. Pick successes that can build your confidence over time and stay in the process. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, but you can’t see the light if you fall into the trap of all the failures trying to pull you down.”
2. “Take it one pitch at a time. Take it one day at a time.”
3. “The majority of players have to learn to be confident, just like players have to learn to throw a ball. It’s a process and it gets stronger the more it’s practiced. Even if you have to fake it to practice it, fake it until it becomes real. You WILL start to believe it.”
4. “ANYONE can be on a team, but NOT just anyone can be a loyal leader who people look to and who rises above all the negativity and drama.”
5. “The true definition of confidence has nothing to do with other people who surround us and statistics on a sheet of paper. The only place that confidence comes is from inside YOU. Yes, you. Our confidence belongs to us, no one else.”
6. “Every morning we wake up we have a choice at how we are going to believe in ourselves. Too easily we forget, especially when we are in the middle of a whirlwind of a season, that every day we wake up is a new day, and you have a choice every morning if and how you are going to believe in yourself. You own that belief. No one else does.”
7.“When you take the field or look at yourself in the mirror, YOU must be the one to believe that YOU are meant to do great things. YOU get to show everyone what you are made of and your love for the game.”
8. “Realize this: We aren’t going to be perfect with our outcomes/results, in this game of failure we call softball. However, every time you are in a pressure situation it’s a chance to prove that you’re in the “perfect” frame of mind. The “success” and “failure” comes from being in the right frame of mind and giving yourself a chance to have success when the big moment comes; it doesn’t always necessarily come with the outcome, despite what all eyes watching might think. Results will come once the frame of mind has been altered.”
9. “The only way you won’t “make it” is if you don’t have passion for something and don’t work hard enough at it – with all my heart I believe that. When you have passion for where ever your heart wants to take you, it drives you, it gives you direction and it gives you momentum. Let your passion push you to your dreams. Your passion is the driving force behind your energy and motivation.”
10. “Passion creates work ethic. Work ethic creates possibilities. Possibilities creates happiness.”
Rochester Lighting Program
"We are not a team because we play together. We are a team because we respect, trust, and care for each other both on and off the field."
|Top 10 Tips for Players at Tryouts!!|
|Jenna Fisher and Hannah Radell make the Albany News!!!|
|Rochester Lightning Softball|
|Visit our Fan Shop|