Last Updated: January 30, 2015
Join Our EMail List
Spring 2015 Tryout
Due to the weather forecast (60-90% change of rain) on Saturday 1/31, we are moving tryouts to Thursday and Friday nights (1/29 and 1/30).
- (1/27 2:47pm) - You only have to show up for one try-out time, not both. Sorry if there was any confusion.
All age division try-outs will be held at the Silver Slugger complex (fields 5-8) from 6:00-8:00p both nights. You must be inline by 7:30p to try out.
- First come first serve based on line up at fields listed below
- All unprotected players must show up to try-outs
- If your player doesn't show up for tryouts, they will be added to a team via hat draw after the drafts have been completed
- All players must check in at the registration desk at Silver Slugger before proceeding to the age division fields listed below to receive a tryout number
- Players should bring whatever they would bring to a team practice (glove, bat, cleats, etc.)
- Every age division will be run slightly different, but all players should be ready to throw, hit, and run
- 4-6U, no tryouts
- 8U, Field #8
- 10U, Feild #6
- 12U, Field #7
- 14U, Field #5
Contact your specific age group commissioner with any questions. Refer to the main menu, Board of Directors, for all contact information.
Important Dates to Remember:
Refer to the website calendar to see all listings of upcoming events or field closures for RRBL.
Field Condition Text and Email List Reset
With the start of the 2015 Spring Season, we have reset the field condition email and text alert lists. You will need to sign up again for email and text notifications regarding field closures.
To do this, look at the left side menu at the bottom for the "Join Our E-mail List" and "Get Text Alerts". Select all groups you would like to receive notifications from. You can unsubscribe yourself from both in the future if you would like. If you setup your account with "auto subscribe", you have already been added to the group.
You can also follow RRBL and Round Rock Field Conditions on Facebook for updates as well.
If you have any questions, please email me Frank Scalet.
During the weekdays, the decision is made by 4:00pm and is communicated to RRBL from the city. We will post the information as quickly as we can to the website, Facebook, and push information via the email list and text message system. If there is no update posted, then the fields are open. The Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department has a field conditions page on Facebook page to communicate field closures. Please check them out if you have a FB account.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!