Rancocas Valley Youth Lacrosse
2018 Girl's Teams
Thanks to everyone who participated in the player evaluations.
Thank You also to the RV High School head coaches Sara Shelley and Shannon McDonald for a wonderful job working with our players during the pre season clinic and player evaluations this year. Your knowledge and experience are evident and we appreciate your sharing your time to teach our players and provide your input.
We are fielding 3 teams this year and have determined the final team rosters directly from Coach Shelley's and Coach McDonald's recommendations.
- U12AB with Coach Gregg - This team will include 5th and 6th grade players. Players will focus on fundamental skills and teamwork. Players will be challenged by competition in the AB bracket.
- U14B With Coach Dave. - This team will include some 6th grade and mostly 7th and 8th graders. It is intended to further develop skills, build ability with the non-dominant hand, and build teamwork. Our goal is to support the players' success in playing at the middle school level. This team will play against 7th/8th grade teams. (This team will include U14 players and 6th grade girls who were recommended by Coaches Shelley and McDonald that will benefit from the challenge of this level of play.)
- U14A with Coach Holly - This team will include 7th and 8th grade players only. This is a team focused on building skills and in team development in preparation for playing for Coach Shelley and Coach McDonald on the RV high school team. This team will play agains the best teams in the league and "Elite" teams from the area.
Players were placed on teams with the primary goal of providing the right opportunities to develop to their fullest as a lacrosse players. We do not believe our girls should play too far above or below their ability in order for them to get the most enjoyment and improvement from our program. Our teams are small (compared to the league's average team size) to assure players will get a lot of playing time each game, but are large enough that coaches can rotate players in and out of the game quickly. Short rotations boosts the girls enjoyment of the game and allows coaches to provide specific, timely, and meaningful feedback to players as they come on and off the field each shift. Our coaches and trainers are committed to helping foster the love of the game and to teaching the fundamentals to succeed. Players will learn to play "the right" way with girls who are at a similar skill level to assure everyone is challenged within a supportive team environment.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to communicate with your coach or to firstname.lastname@example.org
~RV Youth Lacrosse
Girl's Practices will begin indoors at the Marlton Field House
785 E. Main St. Marlton, NJ 08053 https://www.marltonfieldhouse.com
- The U12 team will practice on March 3rd from 2:00-3:00 and March 10th from 8:30-9:30
- The U14 teams will both practice on March 3rd from 3:00-4:30pm and March 10th from 9:30-11am.
2018 Registration and the uniform store are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who registered for 2018.
Team assignments will be finalized soon and coaches will reach out to you with practice schedule and other details as soon as possible. We plan to start practices as early as possible in March. Your coach will deliver your uniforms as soon as they are available. We are no longer accepting late registrations.
We are looking for volunteers to help our teams in the following areas:
- U12AB Girls Assistant Coach
- Team Parent(s) for all 3 teams
- Field Painting and Goal re-stringing
If you can help us in these areas or in any other way please reach out to Don Jorgensen or Paul Hascek.