Fall Play Dates:
All times are 9:30- 11:00 am
John F Kennedy High School
Registration now open
Volunteer as a Coach SacTOPS@gmail.com
Online registration must be completed before event, no walk-up registrations accepted.
Be a Buddy! If you are 13-17 y/o, consider being a TOPSoccer Buddy! Volunteering as a Buddy is very rewarding. It is laughter, smiles, and an experience you will always remember. Buddies will be paired up with a child/young adult. No soccer experience necessary, but compassion, commitment, energy and a spirit of fun are expected.
TOPSoccer is a modified version of the game of soccer, designed to provide opportunities for special needs children ages 4-21. Our goal is to enable the thousands of young athletes with disabilities to develop their physical fitness, technical skills, courage and self-esteem, through the joy and excitement of playing soccer.
TOPSoccer was formed to perpetuate the US Youth Soccer mission statement, which is, to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition.
A TOPSoccer player is defined as any youth player between the ages of 4 and 19 who has a disability that limits their ability to perform at the level of play in which they have chosen to participate. Players are grouped by ability, not age.
Soccer for children with special needs is an excellent medium for obtaining exercise, improving coordination and meeting other children who face the same or similar challenges. Most importantly, it is a great way to have fun.
What should families expect from the program?
- A fun and meaningful experience for you and your family.
- Games and activities adapted to ensure your child’s participation.
- Safe and healthy environment.
- Parents will have the opportunity to network with other families for support and information-sharing.
- Modifications are made to the game to allow full participation and enjoyment by each child.
- One-on-one assistance is available to those who need it.
- TOPSoccer offers a recreational, leisure approach to the game of soccer.
- TOPSoccer is coordinated through your local soccer community organization.
For more information for Players, Buddies, or volunteer coaches:
|Welcome to Sac TOPS|
|Visit our Fan Shop|