Baseline Concussion Testing for the 2017 Football Season
Stride Physio and Performance is excited to be partnering with SCMF again this year for concussion baseline testing! The SCMF board has decided to make baseline testing mandatory for bantam aged players and are very strongly recommending it to players in all other age groups. Baseline testing is completed yearly to ensure accurate information is on ﬁle for your growing athlete.
The Physical Therapists at STRIDE are certified providers of the Complete Concussion Management Inc. Program. This means they are specially trained and certified to provide:
- comprehensive baseline testing to athletes, individually or as teams
- coach/trainer/physician/parent concussion education sessions
- comprehensive concussion treatment that includes return to learn, sport, and work protocols
- complete concussion treatment for individuals with post-concussion syndrome
Baseline test basics:
- 8-12 years: $60
- 13 and over: $70
- billed as a physiotherapy service and receipts provided for insurance reimbursement if you have coverage
- test will take approximately 30 minutes (booked in every 10 min since it’s completed in stations)
- test results valid for one year
- two convenient ways to reserve your spot:
- call 306.778.7770 during our regular business hours
- click here to book online and just follow the prompts
CCMI and STRIDE are also partnering to oﬀer a low income assistance program which would allow the testing to be completed at no cost for qualifying families.
For your convenience, baseline testing will take place at the clinic during a variety of dates and times throughout July and August. You should allow approximately a half hour for completion of the test. If you have a bag tag from last year, please bring it along to your testing appointment.
**Please book your appointment early! If you have to book outside scheduled group testing times, an increased fee will apply.