Last Updated: October 2, 2015
Week 9 recap: Gray Bombers lead by 1 1/2 games/U>
September 25, 2015
Gray Bombers 16 Chocolate Diamonds 11
The 7-1 Gray Bombers beat Chocolate Diamonds who've lost 3 of their past 4 games. Gray maintained first place by 1.5 games and Chocolate remained in 5th place.
Aqua Men 14 Green Hornets 6
Aqua Men maintained a tie for 2nd place (was 3-way; now 2-way) by beating the Green Hornets. Aqua Men led 7-1 after 2 innings. Green lost for the first time in the last 3 games. Green went scoreless in 4 separate innings. Unfortunately, the Green defense was as ineffective as was their offense was during this game. The Green Hornets dropped from a 3-way tie for 2nd into sole occupancy of 4th place.
Red Slime 19 Mayhem 8
Red Slime led at one point 14-4 and coasted to the win which ended their 2-game losing streak. They are still tied for 2nd place.
Blue Blitz 18 Yellowstoners 14
Blue ended their 2-game losing streak. Yellow is 1-8.
Warriors Players part of a world champion team
September 30, 2015
The Top Gun III Major 60's championships. The team went on the win the US National title, The LVSSA/SSUSA Masters Championship along with the triple Grand Slam. Congratulations. You will see several well-known Warriors players (and one umpire) in the team photo.
WARRIOR RESOURCE GUIDE NEWS
August 26, 2015
The Warrior Resource Directory has been updated to Jan. '15 and posted on our website. Ron Yardley is updating it for this season so, if you have a service to offer to our Warrior League, email it to him at email@example.com using the existing format.
Sponsor needed starting in 2016
July 10, 2015
Neither of our two alternating sponsors will be sponsoring our league after this season. If anyone in the league has a company which could devote some of its advertising dollars to sponsoring the Warriors League starting next year please contact Commissioner Jerry Hermes at SDWsoftball@gmail.com.
Our league's sponsor
Click on "sponsors" to the left for contact info for our sponsor:
Commissioner Jerry Hermes to step down on June 30, 2016
July 7, 2015
Jim Smith to take over July 1, 2016
Longtime Warriors Commissioner Jerry Hermes announced he will be leaving his position at the end of the Spring, 2016 season. At that time, Hermes will have served as league Commissioner for ten years. Commissioner Bob Johnson will be continuing as the other league Commissioner.
Next July, Hermes will be replaced by longtime Warrior Jim Smith, who will continue to manage teams during the next two seasons, then stop managing and start Commissionering.
Hermes will be having a second operation on his left shoulder this August 4th, and hopes to resume his Warriors playing career in February, 2016. After that season, Hermes will be in the league as a player only.
Basepath safety issues
October 19, 2012
Our league would like to reiterate our rules regarding player safety on the basepaths. If everyone always followed these three simple rules we would have fewer basepath safety issues:
Top Fourteen Things To Know About the Warriors Softball League
1. Our primary reason for existence is to have fun in a safe way and build male friendships.
2. To accomplish that we only allow the use of league-furnished, ASA approved bats, in 26oz, 27oz, 28oz and 29oz weights. Any other bat, other than those provided by the league, is prohibited, except for players 69 years of age, or players turning 69 that year. These players may use any bat of their choosing.. Currently we use the Mizuno "Craze" and the Mizuno "Frenzy" composite bats.
3. We use a 375/.44 polyurethane-core softball.
4. We re-draft teams each season, so players are not with the same teammates each and every season. Eventually, everyone plays with (and against) everybody else.
5. We have "AAA"-type tournament-quality players, and we have "A"-type recreational-quality players, and everything in between.
6. We have 45-year-old players and we have 70-year-players and every age in between.
7. We have a true draft, but even though we do not make promises or issue guarantees, we bend over backwards to make every effort to try to make special accommodations to players who need to be on the same team for whatever reason (siblings, carpool together from afar, etc.)
8. We allow the use of courtesy runners once a batter reaches first base.
9. Outfielders must station themselves behind an arc of orange cones until a ball is struck by a batter. If a batted ball touches the outfield grass, the batter can do no worse than a single and does not need to run/walk/crawl/get to first base. Batters may not be put out at first base on a throw from any outfielder.
10. We hire our own real paid umpires.
11. Every team participates in the first round of the post-season playoffs.
12. Every player receives a new shirt each season and it's theirs to keep forever. We do not issue faded, shrunken, ill-fitting hand-me-down shirts to our players.
13. The league hosts all players, from all teams, to a pizza party immediately after conclusion of each season's championship game, at no charge to the players. At the party, usually attended by 60-70 players, the Brad Betz Memorial Award is presented to the league's "best teammate". For information on this award, click on the Brad Betz tab on the left side of this homepage near the top.
14. All games have not only a fully-stocked first aid kit on site, but also a cardiac defibrillator at each backstop. Most league players have been trained on how to use it.