Last Updated: April 23, 2017
WARRIOR'S SPRING 2017 WEEK TWELVE RESULTS
April 23, 2017
Week twelve of the Warrior’s Spring 2017 season is in the books. Purple Haze remains undefeated and clenches First Place with a record of 11 - 0. The Green-Gos are 3½ game back and have clinched Second Place. We’ll be Black and Orange Blast are in tied for third at 5½ games back, Blue Slime is 6 games back in fifth, Sons of Riches are 7 games back in sixth. Solid Gold is 8½ games back in seventh and Red Cox have sole possession of eight place at 9 games back. We have 2 regular season games the Fog Out games left to be played.
Purple Haze outlast Green-Gos 14 to 11, in a comeback victory Purple Haze remains undefeated. In the first Green failed to score and Haze put across 3 runs, in the second Green scored 4 and Haze added 3 to maintain their lead. In the third Green rolled a nickel and held the Haze silent to take the lead. In the fourth Green failed to score and Haze added 2 runs to close the gap, in the fifth Green scored 2 runs and held the Haze to 1 run, going into the sixth the score is 11 to 9 Green. In the sixth Green fails to score and Haze capitalizes and rolls a nickel to retake the lead, the seventh inning is scoreless and Haze wins 14 to 11.
We’ll be Black and Orange Blast play to a 22 all tie. In a pretty much one sided game Orange Blast came back with the hammer to get a tie. In the first Black rolls a nickel and Blast scores 4 runs, in the second Black is held silent and Blast rolls a nickel, in the third and fourth inning Blast rolls consecutive nickels and Blast only manages 1 run. In the fifth Black scores 2 and Blast scores 4 in the sixth Black scores 4 and Blast scores 1 going into the seventh inning the score is Black 21 Blast 15, in the top Black is held to a single run, Blast put across 7 runs to end the game in a 22 all tie.
Sons of Riches beats the Blue Slime with four perfect innings 15 to 20. While SOR only scored in four innings of the six they played offence they made all four count. In the first Slime scored 2 and SOR rolled a nickel, in the second neither team scored. In the third Slime added 2 runs and SOR did not score, in the fourth Slime scored 2 and SOR rolled a nickel, in the fifth both teams rolled nickels. In the sixth Slime was held scoreless and SOR rolled their fourth nickel, Slime scored 4 in the top of the seventh to end the game with a final score of Sons of Riches 20 and Blue Slime 15.
Red Cox are credited for a Win as Solid Gold recorded the league’s second forfeit of the season. Final Score Red Cox 7 Solid Gold 0.
Invoices for next season
April 2, 2017
Invoices for fee payments for the Fall, 2017 season, will be e-mailed out to everybody in a few weeks. Next season will start in mid-June, and continue through the end of August, when we must take our mandatory HourGlass month-long hiatus. We will resume play on Sept. 7th.
There will be a deadline for players currently on a team's roster. It is generally about three weeks from invoice date. Current players have first crack at inclusion in the next draft. After the deadline has passed, we will start adding to the draft roster from ex-Warriors who are returning and new-Warriors who want to play with us, all in the order in which they pay they fees. The first additions to the draft roster are going to be paid players who are currently sitting on our waiting list and who don't get called-up this season.
We need to have your correct email address to invoice you. Please double-check and make sure that your manager has your preferred email address now.
Waiting List status
April 2, 2017
As of the datestamp, we currently have four paid players on the waiting list.
We are proud to welcome our league's new sponsor
June 3, 2016
The Warriors League is proud to announce that beginning today our league will be sponsored by our friends at GIOVANNI'S RESTAURANT. Scroll to the bottom of this page for their location info.
Over the years we have always enjoyed Giovanni's food at our parties, and now, we will enjoy their support and sponsorship of our league's activities.
We urge all of our players to show our gratitude to Giovanni's by visiting Giovanni's when they feel like eating some really tasty and excellent Italian food.
WARRIOR RESOURCE GUIDE NEWS
August 26, 2015
The Warrior Resource Directory has been updated to Jan. '15 and posted on our website. Ron Yardley is updating it for this season so, if you have a service to offer to our Warrior League, email it to him at email@example.com using the existing format.
Basepath safety issues
October 19, 2012
Our league would like to reiterate our rules regarding player safety on the basepaths. If everyone always followed these three simple rules we would have fewer basepath safety issues:
Top Fourteen Things To Know About the Warriors Softball League
1. Our primary reason for existence is to have fun in a safe way and build male friendships.
2. To accomplish that we only allow the use of league-furnished, ASA approved bats, in 26oz, 27oz, 28oz and 29oz weights. Any other bat, other than those provided by the league, is prohibited, except for players 69 years of age, or players turning 69 that year. These players may use any bat of their choosing. Currently we use the Mizuno "Craze" and the Mizuno "Frenzy" composite bats.
3. We use a 375/.44 polyurethane-core softball.
4. We re-draft teams each season, so players are not with the same teammates each and every season. Eventually, everyone plays with (and against) everybody else.
5. We have "AAA"-type tournament-quality players, and we have "A"-type recreational-quality players, and everything in between.
6. We have 45-year-old players and we have 70-year-players and every age in between.
7. We have a true draft, but even though we do not make promises or issue guarantees, we bend over backwards to make every effort to try to make special accommodations to players who need to be on the same team for whatever reason (siblings, carpool together from afar, etc.)
8. We allow the use of courtesy runners once a batter reaches first base.
9. Outfielders must station themselves behind an arc of orange cones until a ball is struck by a batter. If a batted ball touches the outfield grass, the batter can do no worse than a single and does not need to run/walk/crawl/get to first base. Batters may not be put out at first base on a throw from any outfielder.
10. We hire our own real paid umpires.
11. Every team participates in the first round of the post-season playoffs.
12. Every player receives a new shirt each season and it's theirs to keep forever. We do not issue faded, shrunken, ill-fitting hand-me-down shirts to our players.
13. The league hosts all players, from all teams, to a pizza party immediately after conclusion of each season's championship game, at no charge to the players. At the party, usually attended by 60-70 players, the Brad Betz Memorial Award is presented to the league's "best teammate". For information on this award, click on the Brad Betz tab on the left side of this homepage near the top.
14. All games have not only a fully-stocked first aid kit on site, but also a cardiac defibrillator at each backstop. Most league players have been trained on how to use it.