- Congratulations SH Red "Hot Wings" 2016 Pony Champions
- Thank you to all who participated with the Cassel Vineyards Fundraiser!
- Good Luck to all Lower Dauphin - Cal Ripken All-Stars!
- Thank you to all players, coaches and volunteers for an enjoyable 2016 season!
South Hanover Baseball and Softball Association
Congratulations South Hanover Red - "Hot Wings" - 2016 Pony Champions
Harrisburg Senators Mascot RASCAL visits South Hanover Tee-Ball!
Boys and Girls, Kindergarten/Age 5 through Age 7: Basic instruction; no scores kept. Coaches pitch, then use of a tee, if needed. Teams play other South Hanover teams. All games played at Grandview fields.
- Colts: Ages 7-8. This is a transitional step between T-Ball and Ponies where Coaches will pitch until approximately mid season, then kids will pitch. No official scores kept; emphasis on learning fundamentals.
- Ponies: Ages 9-10. More competition is introduced. Scores are kept, no coach pitching, stealing introduced mid season, and post-season play with All-Stars are introduced.
- Midgets: Ages 11-12. Continue to build baseball skills through competitive activity; Post-season play to include All-Stars and potentially tournaments.
NOTE: League ages for the upcoming season are determined by April 30, 2016
Fast Pitch Softball:
- 8-U: Ages 7-8. Build upon the basic softball skills of hitting, fielding and base running. Girls will START pitching 3 balls per batter, with coach assistance, and coach will then pitch 3 balls to complete the at-bat. Coaches will be placed behind the catcher as well to keep the game moving faster. No scores are reported.
- 10-U: Ages 9-10. Competitive softball environment and more rules will be introduced. Umpires will be used and girls will pitch without any assistance from the coaches. In the event of 4 walks in a single inning, coach will inherit strike count and pitch the remainder of the at-bat. Next batter will return to player pitch.
- 12-U: Ages 11-12. Increased competitive nature from the 10-U division and will continue to introduce more rules. ASA umpires will be used. Players will pitch without the assistance the coaches.
- 14U: Ages 13-14. Increased competitive nature from the 12-U division and will continue to enforce the ESFPL rules. ASA umpires will be used.
NOTE: League ages for the upcoming season are determined by December 31, 2015.
All teams are part of the East Shore Fast Pitch League.
Additional Playing Opportunities:
- Fall Ball: Ages 8 to 15; Season runs from late August through October.
- Lower Dauphin Travel & All-Star Baseball: Tournament baseball for ages 8-U to 13-U. Visit www.leaguelineup.com/ldtaba for more information.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!