- Baseball and Softball Registration is now open through Feb 1st!
- Sponsorship opportunities available for 2018 season!
South Hanover Baseball and Softball Association
Registration for 2018 NOW OPEN!
Don't put it off another day!
We are actively building teams as the registrations roll in...don't be late to the party...it'll cost you an extra $25 if you wait to register after February 1st!
After Feb 9th, NO MORE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED!
There will be no walk-in registrations this year.
If you are unable to pay your registration online, or have any questions about the upcoming season, please contact:
BASEBALL: Scott Rooney
SOFTBALL: Julie Wetzel
TEE-BALL: Jeff Black
Stay up-to-date on important information, weather-related issues, and updates this season by hitting Like! on our page!
Support local businesses who support our kids!
Brother Joe's Pizza - under NEW MANAGEMENT!!!
Dr. Mimnaugh Veterinarians
Boys and Girls, Kindergarten/Age 5 through Age 7: Basic instruction; no scores kept. Coaches pitch, then use of a tee, if needed. Teams play other South Hanover teams. All games played at Grandview fields.
- Colts: Ages 7-8. This is a transitional step between T-Ball and Ponies where Coaches will pitch until approximately mid season, then kids will pitch. No official scores kept; emphasis on learning fundamentals.
- Ponies: Ages 9-10. More competition is introduced. Scores are kept, no coach pitching, stealing introduced mid season, and post-season play with All-Stars are introduced.
- Midgets: Ages 11-12. Continue to build baseball skills through competitive activity; Post-season play to include All-Stars and potentially tournaments.
- 6-U: Ages 4-6. Basic softball skills of throwing and catching, hitting, fielding and base running. Coach will pitch 6 balls, then bring out the tee, if needed, to complete the at-bat. Coaches will be placed behind the catcher and in the field to help instruct and keep the game moving faster. 1 hour time limit or 3 inning max. All players bat each inning. No scores are reported.
- 8-U: Ages 6-8. Build upon the basic softball skills of hitting, fielding and base running. Girls will START pitching 3 balls per batter, with coach assistance, and coach will then pitch 3 balls to complete the at-bat. Coaches will be placed behind the catcher as well to keep the game moving faster. No scores are reported.
- 10-U: Ages 8-10. Competitive softball environment and more rules will be introduced. Umpires will be used and girls will pitch without any assistance from the coaches. In the event of 4 walks in a single inning, coach will inherit strike count and pitch the remainder of the at-bat. Next batter will return to player pitch. ASA umpires will be used.
- 12-U: Ages 10-12. Increased competitive nature from the 10-U division and will continue to introduce more rules (consecutive base stealing, infield fly rule, etc.). ASA umpires will be used. Players will pitch without the assistance the coaches.
- 14U: Ages 12-14. Increased competitive nature from the 12-U division and will continue to enforce the ESFPL rules. ASA umpires will be used.
NOTE: League ages for the upcoming season are determined by December 31, 2017.
All teams are part of the East Shore Fast Pitch League.
Additional Playing Opportunities:
- Fall Ball: Ages 8 to 15; Season runs from late August through October.
- Lower Dauphin Travel & All-Star Baseball: Tournament baseball for ages 8-U to 13-U. Visit www.leaguelineup.com/ldtaba for more information.