SWS Coaches Clinic Feb 18 and MARCH 4
January 23, 2017
NOTICE: DUE TO UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES, THE SECOND SESSION HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FROM FEB 25 TO MARCH 4. IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, YOU WILL BE CONTACTED REGARDING THE SECOND SESSION.
Margie Wright, NCAA's all-time winningest coach, is coming to the Southwest Fastpitch to conduct a coach’s clinic. This is an incredible opportunity to learn from one of the best players and coaches in Fastpitch Softball. We would like to welcome all coaches of teams registering with SWS to attend this exciting and unique learning experience. The clinic is split in two morning sessions this year instead of an all day clinic. Each session covers different topics so be sure to sign up for both.
SPACE IS LIMITED - Register Today!
When: Sat Feb 18 and MARCH 4, 2017 (second session rescheduled)
Time: 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Where: The Diamond Mine
Fee: No Entry Fee. Open to all coaches. SWS teams have priority if space is limited.
Registration: Please register by clicking the WELCOME page and then on the link in the upper right hand corner under "REGISTER ONLINE".
Participation is limited to the first 150 registrants
Topics to be covered are: Team Management Philosophy, Running Effective Practices, Pre-Game Management, Understanding Player Hitting,Pitching, and Fielding Mechanics, and Offensive and Defensive Situational Strategies. Drills will be demonstrated.
2017 Travel Division B and Inhouse Registration Now Open
February 1, 2017
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Online Registration is open for the SWS Travel Division Level B and all Inhouse Divisions. Registration is open to all teams that play at the ASA/USSSA B level only and are located in Southwest area of Chicago.
- Season begins in April for non-high school age teams and late May or early June for high school age teams
- Travel B League consists of a 20 game schedule (16 games for 16/18U) and year-end double elimination tournament held first two weeks of July. Inhouse consists of 20 game schedule and year end tournaments throughout July.
- Fees will be $325 per team for the 2017 season. SWS organizes and schedules all games, and covers all costs for year end tournament
- All teams must provide certified rosters, proof of age, and proof of insurance. Rosters are locked one week before season starts
- All teams must provide fields, game balls and umpires at their expense to host 10 home games (8 games for Travel B 16/18U)
- Travel Division games and year-end tournament are scheduled on weekdays only to allow teams to play in weekend tournaments
- All teams must register online on the SWS website.
- All games are generally played by ASA rules with a few SWS exceptions to accommodate flexibility in batting lineups and defensive substitutions if desired.
NOTICE: Next Board Meeting Mar 2
Next board meeting will be Mar 2 at 7:00 at Romeoville Rec Center.
2016-2017 SWS CALENDAR
February 13, 2017
SWS Contact Information
Mailing address is P.O. Box 7121, Romeoville, IL 60446
SWS Decals - Order Now!
June 15, 2012
SWS window decals are here! Order now by team or individually. Decals are only $2 each. Place your order using our online form. Go to Welcome tab and click SWS Decal Order Form in the registration menu in the upper right corner of the page. Or click the Online Forms tab on the menu.