- Spring 2018 SYSL Cup Playoff Formats Now Posted!
- Playoff Formats Under Forms / Handouts
- Dick's Coupons Still Available on Headline Page
Suburban Youth Soccer League NJ
Welcome to the Suburban Youth Soccer League (SYSL)!
SYSL is a recreational league kicking off for the 2017-2018 season and is comprised of member clubs from the suburban New Jersey footprint of Union, Middlesex, Essex, and Somerset counties. The league offers high quality, flighted competition ranging from the purely recreational athlete through to more competitive players that cannot make a full-time commitment to a rigorous travel soccer program. SYSL provides a supportive structure to foster development and recreation without abandoning the thrill of competition and thus provides a home for players at every skill level.
If you have any questions in the meantime, you can contact email@example.com for assistance.
SPRING 2018 CALENDAR AND INFORMATION
Spring 2018 SYSL Cup Playoff Formats Now Posted!
Go to Forms / Handout Tab to view the printable brackets
Please contact Lorraine Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org with any roster, scheduling or playoff format questions.
- SEASON START - U13, U15, HS - March 24/25 weekend
- SEASON START - U10, U11 - April 7/8 weekend
- Each team will have an 8 game regular season.
- U13-HS will play playoffs (depending on how many teams in their division)
- U10/U11 will not have playoffs but will participate in SYSL Tournament with a guaranteed 3 games
- All Teams will end the Spring 2018 Season on June 16/17 weekend
- DISCLAIMER: THIS SCHEDULE IS A GUIDELINE. Schedule is subject to change based on weather, field permits, field play-ability, and League/Town events
All referees needing to submit a game report for:
- Goal Differentials
- Red Cards
- Yellow Cards
Please go to the "Links" tab and fill out the appropriate report and submit it.
Age Groups Structure
SYSLNJ will have the following age group alignment for the 2017-2018 season:
U10: Born 2008 or younger (Size 4 ball, 8v8 small-sided)
U11: Born 2007 or younger (Size 4 ball, 8v8 small-sided)
U13: Born 2005 or younger (Size 5 ball, full-sided)
U15: Born 2003 or younger (Size 5 ball, full-sided)
High School: Born 1999 or younger and still attending high school (Size 5 ball)
In the interest of competitiveness and balance, the league's Club Council reserves to grant special exceptions to roster compliance matters. These are by unanimous consent of the clubs in a division and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.