Last Updated: November 23, 2015
Important 2016 Spring Season dates are now posted
All the important dates for 2016 are now posted on our calendar. Here is a quick summary of what you need to know:
* Online registration starts on December 7th. It will be offered through the end of January, although if you register before January 1st you will get $10 off.
* If you prefer to sign up in person, we will have signup dates in the boardroom on:
1. Wednesday, December 16th (early bird pricing) - 6 pm to 9 pm
2. Saturday, December 19th (early bird pricing) - 9 am to noon
3. Saturday, January 16th - 9 am to noon
4. Wednesday, January 20th - 6 pm to 9 pm
5. Saturday, January 23rd - 9 am to noon
6. Wednesday, January 27th - 6 pm to 9 pm
* Tryouts are required for all 8-12 year olds, they must attend at least one of the two tryout dates:
Tryouts #1: Wednesday, January 27th - 6 pm to 9 pm
Tryouts #2: Saturday, January 30th - 9 am to noon
* We will also be holding a skills evaluation day for all the 6-8 year olds who prefer to be in the low minors. More details about this and a date TBD.
* The Majors draft will be February 1st. The Minor A draft will be February 2nd.
* Opening Day will be Saturday, March 5th at 8:00 AM!
* We will be having four divisions this year for sure:
Majors - ages 10-12
Minor A - ages 8-10
Minor B - ages 6-8
T-Ball - ages 4-6
* We would like to have an Intermediate Division (age 13) and a Junior Division (age 14) as well, but at this point we are simply gathering info on if there is enough demand to put together team(s) for those levels. If you are interesting in signing up for an intermediate or a junior team this spring, please email Mario Lanza at MLanza1974@aol.com as soon as possible.
* Pricing for the 2016 Spring Season is the same as it was last year for the 2015 season:
Majors - $130
Minor A - $130
Minor B - $120
T-Ball - $80
Intermediates - TBD
Juniors - TBD
2016 Board Members have been announced
Our board members for the 2016 season are now official. Sean Shehee has moved up from vice president and is now the new president of UALL. Tom Lopez moves in and takes over his spot as vice president.
New board members this year are Alan Isham as our new Coaching Coordinator, Alfie Sanchez as Assistant Coaching Coordinator, Daniel Guerrero as our Duty Officer Coordinator, Andy Decker as our Safety Officer, Ely Ruiz as Umpire Director, Ronnie Beltran as our new Equipment Director, Mike Benavidez as Vice President of Majors, Evan Isham as Vice President of Minor A, Kenneth Phillips as Vice President of Minor B, Blanca Gomez as our new Snack Bar Assistant, and Mike Ciszek takes over as our new field director.
We have a lot of new board members this year, so if you see any of them around the field, be sure to say hi and congratulate them. You can see the full list of our 2016 board members over on the left if you click on "Board."
UALL Facebook Page!
Upland American Little League now has a Facebook page. Please stop by and "like" the page, that way you can keep up to date on all the latest updates and league news.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP
Upland American Little League is always looking for new players to join our league. Haven't played for a year or two? No problem! Are you thinking about introducing baseball to your young son or daughter? We have a great team of experienced coaches ready to create a fun and positive environment to help improve the skills of all players.
UALL MISSION STATEMENT
Upland American Little League Baseball is a non-profit organization run solely by dedicated volunteers. We've been providing a safe place for the youth of our community to play baseball, meet new friends, and build self-confidence and self-esteem. Baseball has developed a tradition of service to young people, teaching them to play by the rules, so they will learn to live by the rules.
UALL started our first season in 1951. We are located in Upland, CA, the "City of Gracious Living". We are proud to have nearly 300 boys and girls from Upland playing in our league this year. Upland American Little League strives to teach sportsmanship, citizenship, and a sense of fair play to all of our youth participants. We are proud of our children and proud of the City of Upland that we call our home.
Little League Pledge
I TRUST IN GOD
I LOVE MY COUNTRY
AND WILL RESPECT ITS LAWS
I WILL PLAY FAIR
AND STRIVE TO WIN
BUT WIN OR LOSE
I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
Parents and volunteers, please remember why we are all here. We are here for the kids. To not only teach them how to play baseball, but to also teach teamwork and sportsmanship. Please read this pledge and remember it whenever we feel the need to be a positive role model to our kids.
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players
I will respect the decisions of the umpires
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game
For a complete calendar listing, click here!