Ely Ruiz hit his 5th home run of the season, and Ahmari Moore and Gabriel Smith had doubles, as the UALL White Sox beat the Yankees by the score of 12-8.
Stone Martak, Christopher Ponce, and Angel Garza all had doubles as the Indians overcame a six run deficit and rallied to beat the first place White Sox by the score of 10-8. Michael "Hollywood" Ramirez and Jake Hill also had key hits to spark two different Indians rallies. Ely Ruiz hit his league leading 6th home run in a losing cause for the White Sox.
The Indians remain two games ahead of the rest of the division, as they beat the A's on Tuesday by the score of 13-8.
Rescheduled game notices
The Majors game on Tuesday, May 3 between the Yankees and the Montclair Rays has been rescheduled. It will now be played on Thursday, May 26 at 6:30 P.M. at Saratoga Park.
The Majors game on Saturday, May 7th between the UA Rays and the Montclair White Sox has been cancelled. It will be made up on Monday, May 9th at 7:00 PM.
2016 Spring Season Rules
Click here for the rules for the 2016 spring season. A few rules have changed from last year. The major changes this year will be:
*All All-Star managers will be determined by the board, they will not be determined solely by the final standings anymore.
* In Minor A, catchers are now allowed to catch four innings per game instead of the previous three. Pitchers are still only allowed to pitch three innings per game though.
* In Minor B, we have changed the pitch limit per batter from six pitches to "five swings." A batter will get five swings at the plate before he or she is considered out.
* In Minor B, we have switched from a four run per inning maximum to a five run per inning maximum. The inning is over when a team scores its fifth run. This is to line up more with Minor A, which also has a five run maximum.
* In Minor B, coaches (one coach per team) will only be allowed to stay on the field with their players during the first half of the season. In the second half of the season, no coaches are allowed on the field. The goal is to get the kids ready for Minor A where there won't be coaches out there on the field anymore.
* There are no rule changes in T-Ball this year
UALL Facebook Page!
Upland American Little League now has a Facebook page. Please stop by and "like" the page, that way you can keep up to date on all the latest updates and league news.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP
Upland American Little League is always looking for new players to join our league. Haven't played for a year or two? No problem! Are you thinking about introducing baseball to your young son or daughter? We have a great team of experienced coaches ready to create a fun and positive environment to help improve the skills of all players.
UALL MISSION STATEMENT Upland American Little League Baseball is a non-profit organization run solely by dedicated volunteers. We've been providing a safe place for the youth of our community to play baseball, meet new friends, and build self-confidence and self-esteem. Baseball has developed a tradition of service to young people, teaching them to play by the rules, so they will learn to live by the rules.
UALL started our first season in 1951. We are located in Upland, CA, the "City of Gracious Living". We are proud to have nearly 300 boys and girls from Upland playing in our league this year. Upland American Little League strives to teach sportsmanship, citizenship, and a sense of fair play to all of our youth participants. We are proud of our children and proud of the City of Upland that we call our home.
Little League Pledge I TRUST IN GOD I LOVE MY COUNTRY AND WILL RESPECT ITS LAWS I WILL PLAY FAIR AND STRIVE TO WIN BUT WIN OR LOSE I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
Parents and volunteers, please remember why we are all here. We are here for the kids. To not only teach them how to play baseball, but to also teach teamwork and sportsmanship. Please read this pledge and remember it whenever we feel the need to be a positive role model to our kids.
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge I will teach all children to play fair and do their best I will positively support all managers, coaches and players I will respect the decisions of the umpires I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game