Last Updated: February 13, 2016
Online Registration for Minor B (ages 6-8) is still open!
Most of our divisions are full for the spring season, but we still have a few spots open in Minor B. If you would like to register for Minor B this season, please click here.
---> Two important notes about online registration: <---
1. A player's age in UALL is determined by his little league age, not his or her actual age. For the younger kids (10 and under) this is determined by how old a player is going to be on August 31, 2016. So even though your child is 6 now they might actually be considered a league age 7 year old, etc. To find your child's little league age, use the chart below and line up their birth month with their birth year. Then if you wish to register them, you will know which program you are allowed to sign them up for:
2. We are charged a $10 processing fee for every online registration, so we will not be able to offer full refunds if you need to cancel your registration later. Please make sure you either live or your child goes to school somewhere within our boundaries before you register online. Consult the map below to make sure you are allowed to sign up for Upland American. Again, we can't offer a full refund if you sign up for our league but you technically belong to one of the other leagues.
The boundaries for Upland American are everything south of 16th Street and West of Euclid. If you live or go to school within that zone, you are allowed to register for UALL.
We still may add one T-Ball team
We currently have five full T-Ball teams for our spring season, but we would like to add a sixth because it is easier for the schedule to have an even number of teams. Please email Mario Lanza at MLanza1974@aol.com if you would like to be added to the wait list for a potential sixth T-Ball team. If we get enough kids on the wait list we will add a new team. - 2/13 UPDATE - we currently have six kids on the wait list for the new team. Three more and we can officially add the new team.
2016 Spring Season Rules
Click here for the rules for the 2016 spring season. A few rules have changed from last year. The major changes this year will be:
* All All-Star managers will be determined by the board, they will not be determined solely by the final standings anymore.
* In Minor A, catchers are now allowed to catch four innings per game instead of the previous three. Pitchers are still only allowed to pitch three innings per game though.
* In Minor B, we have changed the pitch limit per batter from six pitches to "five swings." A batter will get five swings at the plate before he or she is considered out.
* In Minor B, we have switched from a four run per inning maximum to a five run per inning maximum. The inning is over when a team scores its fifth run. This is to line up more with Minor A, which also has a five run maximum.
* In Minor B, coaches (one coach per team) will only be allowed to stay on the field with their players during the first half of the season. In the second half of the season, no coaches are allowed on the field. The goal is to get the kids ready for Minor A where there won't be coaches out there on the field anymore.
* There are no rule changes in T-Ball this year
Update on the Upland Little League Lockout
If you are an Upland National family who has been displaced because of all the fields being locked, please note that if your child goes to school on the west side of Euclid (or if you live on the west side of Euclid) you are actually eligible to sign up for our league as well. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in learning more.
None of our fields are affected by the city's lockout situation, we still have access to all of them.
February registration prices:
T-Ball (ages 4-6) - $90
Minor B - Coach Pitch (ages 6-8) - $130
Minor A - Kid Pitch (ages 8-12) - $140
Opening Day will be Saturday, March 5th at 8:00 AM!
2016 Board Members have been announced
Our board members for the 2016 season are now official. Sean Shehee has moved up from vice president and is now the new president of UALL. Tom Lopez moves in and takes over his spot as vice president.
New board members this year are Alan Isham as our new Coaching Coordinator, Daniel Guerrero as our Duty Officer Coordinator, Andy Decker as our Safety Officer, Ely Ruiz as Umpire Director, Ronnie Beltran as our new Equipment Director, Mike Benavidez as Vice President of Majors, Evan Isham as Vice President of Minor A, Kenneth Phillips as Vice President of Minor B, Blanca Gomez as our new Snack Bar Assistant, and Mike Ciszek takes over as our new field director.
We have a lot of new board members this year, so if you see any of them around the field, be sure to say hi and congratulate them. You can see the full list of our 2016 board members over on the left if you click on "Board."
UALL Facebook Page!
Upland American Little League now has a Facebook page. Please stop by and "like" the page, that way you can keep up to date on all the latest updates and league news.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP
Upland American Little League is always looking for new players to join our league. Haven't played for a year or two? No problem! Are you thinking about introducing baseball to your young son or daughter? We have a great team of experienced coaches ready to create a fun and positive environment to help improve the skills of all players.
UALL MISSION STATEMENT
Upland American Little League Baseball is a non-profit organization run solely by dedicated volunteers. We've been providing a safe place for the youth of our community to play baseball, meet new friends, and build self-confidence and self-esteem. Baseball has developed a tradition of service to young people, teaching them to play by the rules, so they will learn to live by the rules.
UALL started our first season in 1951. We are located in Upland, CA, the "City of Gracious Living". We are proud to have nearly 300 boys and girls from Upland playing in our league this year. Upland American Little League strives to teach sportsmanship, citizenship, and a sense of fair play to all of our youth participants. We are proud of our children and proud of the City of Upland that we call our home.
Little League Pledge
I TRUST IN GOD
I LOVE MY COUNTRY
AND WILL RESPECT ITS LAWS
I WILL PLAY FAIR
AND STRIVE TO WIN
BUT WIN OR LOSE
I WILL ALWAYS DO MY BEST
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
Parents and volunteers, please remember why we are all here. We are here for the kids. To not only teach them how to play baseball, but to also teach teamwork and sportsmanship. Please read this pledge and remember it whenever we feel the need to be a positive role model to our kids.
The Little League Parent/Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players
I will respect the decisions of the umpires
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game