Last Updated: 24 November, 2015
Welcome to the home of the
The Upper Island Soccer Association provides administrative services to nine clubs situated on north-central Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast (Powell River). Our territory includes School District #68 (Nanaimo, Ladysmith) on the south, School District #70 (Alberni Valley) on the west, School District #69 (Parksville-Qualicum) on the east, north to School Districts #71 (Comox Valley) and SD#72 (Campbell River) and School District #47 (Powell River) on the mainland.
UISA Office Hours for Fall/Winter
10 September, 2015
Friday-Sunday: 4 PM - 7 PM
Monday-Wednesday: 10 AM - 3 PM
If you are a player, parent, coach or manager, and are looking for more information about soccer, click here for a diagram explaining the proper communication process.
UISA league severe weather game cancellation protocol
Occasionally, games may have to be cancelled at the last minute due to severe weather: snow, unsafe driving conditions, road closures, field closures, and ferry closures.
Unfortunately, cold, wet and windy conditions are a part of fall/winter soccer!
In this order:
1. Coaches in the affected communities are to call their Opponent's Coaches.
2. Both team's coaches are to notify their respective players/parents.
3. Both team's coaches are to notify their Club designate and, if you are the HOME team, ensure that all internal calls are made to notify the: Club Administrator, Club Referee Scheduler and Club Field Scheduler. Please follow your club's internal protocol.
4. Both team’s coaches are to email cancellation notification to UISA Administrator @ UpperIslandSoccerOffice@gmail.com.
5. UISA Administrator to email those affected with further cancellation/rescheduling information, and update UISA website.
-If snow/severe wind is in the forecast, it is a good idea to touch base with your opponent’s coach the night before, so you can ensure you have a "game plan" for game day!
- It is good practice for all teams to become familiar with their opposing teams websites to check for field closures. On the UISA website: www.uisoccer.org on the left hand menu, click on "Links". Links to all Club websites are located here.
- Coaches contact info is also on the UISA website on the left hand menu, click on "Teams". Filter to desired division and team. The coaches contact information will be there, phone numbers and email links.
- Also check the UISA website for the status of your games. Once I receive notice of closures or cancellations, I will post these on the website and notify the affected teams.
UISA League Important Dates
Friday Nov 20 - Declaration deadline for B-Cup for 11-aside teams.
Saturday Nov 21– Declaration deadline for Island Invitational Cup
Saturday Nov 21 - B-Cup draws at UISA General Meeting
Sunday November 29 –Super8 jamboree day
Sunday Dec 6–last day of league play before winter break for U14-18
Sunday Dec 13 – last day of league play for Super8, U14-18 make-up games
Sunday Dec 20 – make-up games (as needed)
Sunday Jan 10, 2016 – first day of league play after winter break
Friday Jan 15 – BCSA Transfer deadline. Cup rosters due.
Saturday/Sunday Jan 23/24 – Island Invitational Playdowns for U14-18 - round robin tournament. Be prepared to play either/both days.
Sunday Jan 31 – Super8 jamboree day,League play U14-18, Island invitational makeups if needed
Monday Feb 1 - Deadline for U13 permits for Island Invitational.
Sunday Feb 7 – UISA B-Cup playdowns semi-finals, plus league matches
Sunday Feb 14 - UISA B-cup playdown finals, plus league matches
Sunday Feb 22 –league play, UISA B-Cup make ups if needed
Saturday/Sunday, Feb 27/28 B-Cup Island Finals UISA vs. LISA.
U15, U17 Host; U14, U16, U18 Away. Be prepared to play either day
Saturday/Sunday, Mar 5/6 – Island Invitational playdown for U13s - round robin tournament. Be prepared to play both days.; Make-Up day for B-Cup if needed
Sunday Mar 6 –Year-end Jamborees for all divisions
Friday Mar 11 –Monday Apr 4–UISA school district spring breaks
Saturday/Sunday Apr 9/10 – Island Invitational finals UISA vs. LISA in Comox Valley. Be prepared to play either day
Be prepared to play either day
Saturday and/or Sunday, Apr 2/3 – Coastal Cup Round of 16 (no Island teams)
Saturday and/or Sunday, Apr 9/10 – Coastal Cup Quarter Finals (no Island teams)
Saturday and/or Sunday, Apr 16/17 – Coastal Cup Semi Finals
Saturday and/or Sunday, Apr 30/May 1 –Coastal Cup Finals
Provincial B-Cup Championships – July 7-10
Boys in West Vancouver, Girls in Penticton
UISA Rules Update 2015
24 September, 2015
The UISA executive worked though last summer, updating the UISA league Rules and Regulations and the UISA Registration Manual. Drafts of both documents were presented to all member clubs at the UISA General Meeting on August 29, 2015, and clubs were given two weeks to review them and provide feedback. Both documents were approved at the UISA Executive meeting on September 14, 2015.
Click here to link to the UISA (Tier 3) league rules and regulations.
Click here to link to the the UISA district registration manual.
Long Term Player Development - coaching resources
Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) is a CSA soccer-specific adaptation of the Long-Term Athlete Development model (LTAD) developed by Canadian Sport Centres.
LTPD is designed to:
Canada Soccer has released downloadable Coaching Toolkits in support of Long Term Player Development, focusing on Stage 1 (Active Start), Stage 2 (FUNdamentals) and Stage 3 (Learn to Train) - just click the links!
Current Game Durations
U-17 2 equal halves of 45 minutes 2 equal halves of 15 minutes 5
U-16 2 equal halves of 40 minutes 2 equal halves of 10 minutes 5
U-14 2 equal halves of 35 minutes 2 equal halves of 10 minutes 5
Super8 2 equal halves of 35 minutes 4
*** AWAY TEAM is listed first on ALL website schedules ***
*** HOME TEAM is the SECOND team listed ***
For a complete schedule listing, click here!