Vermilion City Recreation Baseball and Softball General Information-Registration Deadline: April 25
• Children age 5 - 15 are invited to participate in the Vermilion Recreation Baseball and Softball Summer 2014 • Registration Forms will be available at the Vermilion City Administration Building—5511 Liberty Avenue. Registration forms are also available under the 'Handout' tab on this site. -Ages as of June 1, 2014
• Registration Fees: - $ 100.00 for Rookie league (ages 5 – 7 coach pitch) - $ 110.00 for Minor League (8 – 10), Major League (10 – 12) BB Jr. (13 – 15) - $ 90.00 for each additional family member, added to the highest individual fee owed. - $ 120.00 for each Non-Resident of the city of Vermilion or players not enrolled in the Vermilion School District. - $ 10.00 Late registration fee for registrations received after the deadline (April 25, 2014) • To Register, complete and return this form by April 25, 2014
Checks should be made payable to the City of Vermilion
- By mail to: Recreation Department 5511 Liberty Avenue Vermilion, OH 44089
Drop off daily through April 25, 2014 at the City Administration Building (Mayor’s Office or Utilities Dept. Office) 800 AM–430 PM
Guaranteed sign-ups end April 25, 2014. After this date your child will be placed on a team on a space-available basis ONLY!
• Games and practices will generally be Monday through Thursday beginning in May and ending by mid-to-late July. Specific game schedules will be published in mid May. Game sites will be Sailorway Park and/or Vermilion Elementary School Fields. • Please call the Vermilion Recreation Department at 440-204-2490 if you have any questions. You may also visit us on the web at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec
Rec Department Guidelines
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN ATHLETE:
- Always play as a team; win as a team, lose as a team. - NEVER criticize the officials, opposing team, its players, coaches, or fans by words or gestures. - Treat all members of your team (including coaches) with the same respect you would like to be treated. - Respect your coach’s placement of athletes on the field/court. Refrain from telling teammates where you feel they should be. - NEVER argue with an umpire/referee about the accuracy of a call. - Refrain from commenting on the ability of other players, whether they are on your team or the opposing team. - Be on time for games and practices. Be properly and safely dressed and prepared to play. - The use of alcohol, drugs, and tobacco is prohibited. - When playing a game, it is required you stay in the bench area if you are not on the field/court. - Throwing equipment is prohibited. - Avoid focusing on winning and losing. Remember that the main purposes for playing at this level are to have fun, learn to play in a team setting and develop important skills to be used later on. ____________________________________________________________________________________ RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PARENT:
Parents play a crucial role in the lives of their children. Because of this, it is important you set an example of expected behavior in everything your child does. The following is a list of parental responsibilities:
- Be sure your child is to his/her practice and games on time and that he/she is prepared to play. - NEVER lead your child to believe it is acceptable to make fun of or criticize another player or team. - Emphasize the importance of team unity, as well as respect for the other players and coaches. - NEVER argue with an umpire/referee, coach, or other parent in front of your child. Children are easily influenced and will follow this bad example. - Emphasize the importance of playing to have fun, rather than focusing on the prospect of winning or losing. - Maintain your child’s uniform and teach them to treat the equipment as if it were their own. - Demonstrate a positive attitude throughout the season. Remember, actions speak louder than words.
Yoga classes at Main Street Beach will take place on Mon, Wed, and Fridays from 8:30-9:30am from May 26 through Sept 1. There will also be 3 Full Moon Yoga classes on July 12, August 10, and Sept 9 starting at 8:30pm in the evening. For additional information, please contact Maria at 330-289-7026.
Program Registration Forms
Program Registration Forms are available under the Handout tab on the left of the page.
The Vermilion Rec Dept will be holding Cheerleading Instruction Classes taught by Chelsea Fisher beginning in January. Cheerleaders will cheer for the Vermilion Rec basketball games. Accepting registrations for grades 3 – 6th. Registration deadline is December 30. The cost is $40. Registration forms are available at the City of Vermilion Offices at 5511 Liberty Ave or at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec under the Handout section. Call 204-2490 with questions.
2014 Youth Basketball
The first practice for the 5-7th grade boys and girls basketball league will be Jan. 7th at 7pm at the Vermilion Elementary School. The second practice will be Jan. 9th at 7pm. During the first two practices players will be drafted by coaches to teams.
The 3-4th grade league will begin on Monday, January 6th. Your assigned coach will contact you with your practice time.
Registration forms are available under the HANDOUT tab to the left of this page.
Youth Basketball Sign-ups
The Vermilion Recreation Dept will begin taking sign-ups for 3rd & 4th grade co-ed and 5th – 7th grade boys and girls basketball. Registration forms are available at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec or at the City of Vermilion offices at 5511 Liberty Ave. The leagues will begin the week of January 6, 2014 and run thru to March. The cost is $60. Each additional immediate family member will be $35. The registration deadline is December 18th. There will be a $10 late fee if received after December 18th. Please call 440-204-2490 with any questions.
2013 Youth Tennis Program
The Vermilion Recreation Dept will begin sign ups for their Youth Tennis Program. It is available for ages 8-14 at the Sailorway Drive tennis courts. This is a four week program that meets twice a week starting the week of June 10. The cost is $50. Tennis rackets will be available for use at each session. Registration forms are available online at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec under the ‘Handout’ section or at the City of Vermilion offices at 5511 Liberty Ave. For more information call 440-204-2490.
2012 Football Camp
City Rec Football Skills & Technique Camp
The Vermilion Recreation Dept will be holding a 3 day football camp on July 30,31, and Aug 1st from 6 – 7:30pm behind the Vermilion Elementary School. The skills and technique camp will be open to kids going into grades 3rd - 6th for the upcoming school year. The camp instruction will be led by the current recreation director and former fullback for the Wisconsin Badgers, Chad Kuhns. Chad has also played with the New York Jets and St. Louis Rams in the NFL and is looking forward to sharing his football knowledge with the kids to help improve their play. The cost of the camp is $12. Registration forms are available at the City of Vermilion offices at 5511 Liberty Ave. or at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec under the ‘Handout’ tab. The registration deadline is July 23. Dress for the camp is t-shirt, shorts, and athletic shoes or cleats. For additional information call the Rec Dept at 440-204-2490.
2013 Vermilion Youth Tackle Football
2013 Tackle Football Information
**First football practice will be Thursday, August 1st at 5:30 behind the Vermilion Elementary School. There will be a vendor on site to sell football equipment after practice Thursday. Bring your football helmet to the first practice if you have one.
**The Vermilion Rec Dept has joined the Lake Erie Youth Football League and will be a traveling football team this year. Games will be played on Saturday afternoons.
Registration Deadline for Tackle Football will be July 26, 2013. The First Practice is on August 1 from 5:30-7:00pm. The players will be drafted by the coaches during the August 5th player evaluation day. Each Head Coach will be allowed only two assistant coaches prior to the draft. After the draft, each head coach may have up to 4 assistant coaches.
Registration will begin for youth tackle football thru the Vermilion Recreation Department. The leagues are open to students going into 3rd & 4th and 5th & 6th grades for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year. The cost is $60. Additional players within the same immediate family will be $40. Players are responsible to provide their own helmet, shoulder pads, and leg pads. Home games and practices will be held behind the Vermilion Elementary School. Games will be played on Saturdays. Registration forms are available at the City of Vermilion offices at 5511 Liberty Ave. or at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec. A copy of the students report card and birth certificate is required for registration. Sign ups can be mailed or dropped off at 5511 Liberty Ave between 8a-4:30p Mon-Fri or Saturday July 20 and 27 from 10am-Noon. For more information, call 440-204-2490.
BALL ELIGIBLE PLAYERS weight limits are: Junior Division: may NOT exceed 110 pounds Senior Division: may NOT exceed 130 pounds (non eligible players may not line up at QB, RB, FB, TE or WR) THE RECREATION DEPARTMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EVALUATE EACH PLAYER’S ELIGIBILITY IN THE LEAGUE DUE TO THEIR SIZE OR ADVANCED SKILL LEVEL EVEN IF THEY MEET THE AGE/GRADE REQUIREMENTS
Please visit the Vermilion Soccer Club website for additional information:
The Vermilion Rec Dept will make the Vermilion Elementary School Gym available for Open Gym Basketball on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting March 13. The gym will be open to 4th-6th graders and 7th-8th graders from 7pm-8pm and 9th-12th graders thru Adults from 8pm-9pm. The cost is $2/day which will be payable at the door. A waiver must be signed by parents for students under 18 years of age.
55+ Adult Tennis
The Vermilion Rec Dept. will be starting an Adult 55+ Tennis League. The Tennis League will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week at 9:30 am from June 26 – July 26 at the Vermilion High School tennis courts on Sailorway Dr. The cost is $12. Registration forms are available online at www.leaguelineup.com/vermilionrec or at the City of Vermilion offices at 5511 Liberty Ave. For more information, call 440-204-2490
Vermilion YMCA Recreational Programs
Please visit the YMCA website for additional information:
Thank you sponsors !!
January 1, 2009
Please take a few minutes to look at our team sponsors under the "Sponsor" tab. If you get a chance to go to one of these businesses please thank them for their contribution towards making our basketball league a success.