- Welcome to Western Hills Little League - Play Ball!
- Rainout Hotline: 1-866-251-8542 (updated by 4PM weekdays)
- Mailing Address: PO Box 163132 Austin, TX 78716
All Fields Are Open
Updated by 4PM on weekdays.
Last Updated 12/11/17 at 9:15AM
Western Hills 2018 Spring Registration is Open!
Western Hills is a Little League affiliated organization and will structure our divisions as last year except some adjustments may be made for the AAA and Majors divisions based on the size of registration.
- 12/13: Registration Opens
- 01/21: Regular Registration Closes
- 01/22: Late Registration Begins ($50 Late Fee Applies and placement on a team not guaranteed)
- 01/28: Final Registration Closes
- 01/27: Assessment for MP8, Minors, AAA, and Majors Divisions
- 01/29: Makeup Assessment for MP8, Minors, AAA, and Majors Divisions
- 02/11: All Teams formed and notified by coaches
- 03/19: Season Begins (after Spring Break)
- 04/23: Golf Tournament
- Early to Mid May: Season Ends (depending on the division)
Western Hills provides divisions for players of league age 4-14. Information on league age determination can be found here.
IMPORTANT** New Little League Bat Regulations:
For the safety of players, Little League has adopted new bat regulations.
IMPORTANT - Little League Bat Changes
With Fall Ball getting ready to start up, you may be considering purchasing a new bat. If this is the case, it would be best to wait for a little bit longer. Little League Baseball along with some other baseball organizations are adopting the USA baseball bat standard. Starting on January 1, 2018, all bats used in Little League Baseball will need to meet the new standards and have the USA Baseball label. Only new bats, that are supposed to start hitting stores this fall, will meet this new requirement. Unfortunately, Little League-approved baseball bats that are approved for use for the 2017 season will no longer be acceptable for use in any Little League game or activity starting on January 1, 2018.
The link below has a video and additional information regarding the new standards and also explains how Tee Ball bats can still be used in Tee Ball divisions, as long as they are labeled Tee Ball and you add the required USA Baseball Sticker.
Baseball Training For Players Age 7-11 at WAYA on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays
Joseph Field Restroom Code
Punch Code Locks have been installed on the Joseph Field restroom doors.
Restroom Lock Code: 413
Congratulations 2017 Home Run Derby Winners!
- 9/10 Division: Jordan Cannon
- 11/12 Division: Champ Spencer
- If lightning is seen, thunder is heard, or the Little League Weather Bug App (Spark) reveals lightning is within 10 miles, game is cancelled. Vacate the Premises.
- There are no suspensions or delays for TBall, CP, and MP7.
- Coaches and parents are responsible for monitoring weather conditions.
- If lightning is seen, thunder is heard, or the Little League Weather Bug App (Spark) reveals lightning is within 10 miles, game is suspended/delayed for 30 minutes. Teams must vacate field and remain in vehicles.
- If game resumes and lightning is seen, thunder is heard, or the Little League Weather Bug App (Spark) reveals lightning is within 10 miles a second time, game is cancelled. Vacate the Premises.
- No game will resume after a 1 hour delay has expired. The max total delay for any single game is 1 hour.
- Umpires and coaches are responsible for monitoring weather conditions.
- Games may be delayed but we will make every effort to start games as close to their original starting time as possible.
Western Hills Lightning Policy 2014
Western Hills has updated its lightning guidelines and policy.
"If lightning is seen OR thunder is heard, all teams must evacuate to a safe location. All activities will be immediately suspended for a minimum of 30 minutes. Play may resume if lightning has not been seen and thunder has not been heard for 30 minutes. Remember, If you hear it, clear it!"