Last Updated: May 2, 2016
Signup for Alerts
Get important messages from Watchung Hills Wrestling Association by Text & Email
CONSTRUCTION IS ALMOST COMPLETE!
See updated pictures of the construction of
the new year round training facility
Click the picture to view
WHWA Building Brick Sponsorship Fundraiser
Click on the flyer below to view and print
To purchase a Brick Paver Sponsorship simply follow the directions below.
1. PAYMENT ONLINE - Click on the "Register" link below to register & to make your payment online. You will then be required to completely fill out the flyer and mail it to the address below.
2. PAYMENT BY CHECK - Print the above flyer and completely fill it out with your information, then mail your completed flyer and check payment to the address listed below.
WHWA Brick Sponsorship
Attn: John Ciraulo
3 Trinity Place, Warren NJ 07059
CREATING A LEGACY!
Wrestling is one of the most successful athletic programs at the WH Regional High School
- 5 State Champions Since 2004
- 16 State Place Winner Since 2004
- 6 Somerset County Team Championships
- Multiple Division 1 & 2 College Wrestlers
Self-confidence / Discipline / Mental toughness /Sportsmanship / Competitiveness
Building young men through the sport of wrestling!
Why Watchung Hills Wrestlers will Succeed
- They are willing to do the things that others are not
- They are willing to fight against the odds
- They are willing to sacrifice to get better
- They are not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt
- They are motivated by their accomplishments
- If they fall / They will get up
- If they are beaten / They will return better than before
- They will never stop working to get better
- They will never give up "EVER"
This is why they will Succeed!
The Watchung Hills Wrestling Association
Warren, Watchung, Long Hill & Green Brook, ages 5 – 14.
The Pee Wee Program (K - 1st Grades)
The Pee wee wrestling program is an introduction for both child and parent into the sport of wrestling. We focus on simple moves and rules. The program is 5 weeks long with 10 practices followed by a yearend novice tournament. Each practice will consist of a one hour class, twice a week, during the months of November and December
The Midget Program (2nd – 6th Grades)
The WHWA Midget Team (2nd-6th Grade) competes in the Central Jersey Midget Wrestling League and the Raritan Valley Midget Wrestling League. Practices for our Midget wrestlers will be two days a week.
The Raritan Valley Midget Wrestling League: This League is our developmental league designed for our novice & beginner wrestlers. Teams in this league include Bernardsville, Bound Brook, Branchburg, Franklin, Hillsborough, Manville, North Hunterdon, Ridge, Somerville & Watchung.
The Central Jersey Midget Wrestling League: This is one of the premier recreational wrestling leagues in the state of New Jersey. Teams in this league include Cranford, Clark, Rahway, East Brunswick, Franklin, Bridgewater, Flemington, Ridge, Hillsborough, Kenilworth, Middlesex, New Providence, North Plainfield, Plainfield, Roselle Park, Summit, Scotch Plains, South Plainfield, Union, Watchung Hills, and Westfield.
The Middle School Program (7th & 8th Grade)
This team competes in the elite New Jersey Grade School League. That league includes some of the top programs in the state such as Bridgewater, Del Val, East Brunswick, Flemington, High Point, Hillsborough, Kenilworth, Lenape Valley, Long Valley, Kittatinny, Newton, North Hunterdon, North Warren, Parsippany, Phillipsburg, Randolph, South Plainfield, Ridge, Sparta, Voorhees, Warren Hills, and Watchung Hills.
Each season we work with young athletes to teach both the technical aspects of wrestling and proper sportsmanship.
Our goal is to provide participants with an athletic environment that:
o Promotes self-confidence
o Fosters social abilities
o Develops important life skills
o Rewards persistence, dedication, and character
For information regarding Carl Riccio please visit our Links page.
Congratulations to the winners of the WHWA Mega Raffle!
1st prize: Kevin McInerny $700 Visa gift card
2nd prize: Eric Larson $500 Visa gift card
3rd prize: Scott Johnson $300 Visa gift card
4th prize: Niel Gary $100 Visa gift card
Save over $300 a year at local restaurants