- Fall 2018 Registration is now OPEN!!!
- Spring 2018 In-House Tournament is Saturday May 19th
- In-Person Registration for Fall 2018 held 5/19 at complex from 10am-1pm
- In-person Registration for Fall 2018 held 6/30 at WMHS during Community Day
- Reminder: Tobacco use and pets are not permitted at the WMSC complex
Welcome to the home of the West Mifflin Soccer Club! We are here to provide a safe and fun environment for the youth of our community to learn, develop and excel at the great sport of soccer! Check back regularly for both new and updated information regarding the Club! We're excited you took a minute to check out the information we have available and hope to see you on the field! If you should have any questions please use the "Contact Info" tab on the left side of the page!
2018 In House Tournament Details
|Field A||A-B||E-F||A-C||E-G||A-D||E-H||F - C||D - G|
|Field B||C-D||G-H||B-D||F-H||C-B||G-F||A - E||B - H|
|A - Ross||B - Perry||C - Jeffrey||D- Piccolino||E- Anstiss||F- Hathaway||G - O'Leary||H - Kearns|
|A -B||D-E||A-C||D-F||B-C||E-F||A-D||B-E||C-F||1A - 2B||1B-2A|
|Score||Semi #1||Semi #2||Finals|
|A- Ricciardi||B - Jeffrey||C - Zablocki||D- Heckert||E - Fonzi||F - Glaser|
|A - B||C - D||A - C||D - B||B - C||D - A||1st-4th||2nd-3rd|
|A- HS Boys||B - Buettner||C - Hamilton||
First team listed wears BLUE
Game lengths as follows:
|> u6-2x 10 minute halfs, 5 minute halftime, 5 minutes between games
> u8-2x 15 minute halfs, 5 minute halftime, 5 minutes between games
> u11-2x 25 minute halfs, 5 minute halftime, 5 minutes between games
Fall 2018 Registration is OPEN!
Yes it is still May! And Yes we are still playing our Spring 2018 season, but we have opened registration for the fall 2018 season! elegible birth years for in house is 2008-2014.
Registration will remain open online at pawest-westmifflinsoccerclub.affinitysoccer.com until July 1st 2018.
You again will be able to order and pay for uniforms online along with your registration. The uniform fee will automatically be added to all online registrations but if you are NOT in need of a uniform, you can "uncheck" the uniform fee box on the check out screen.
We will hold 2 in person registrations. The first will be Saturday May 19th during the In-House tournament at the soccer complex (1312 Apdale Street, Pittsburgh PA 15207) from 10am-1pm. The second will be on June 30th during the West Mifflin Community Day at the West Mifflin High School from noon-5pm. The soccer club will have our own booth you can visit and register.
Cash and check will be accepted during in person registrations. Credit cards can be used for online registration.
Below is directions to complete On line registration....
1) Visit pawest-westmifflinsoccerclub.affinitysoccer.com and then click the blue "Click to Begin" link on the front page.
2) make sure the Fall 2018 season is highlighted in the "select a season" and click "player registration". enter username and password for returning users. Click create account for those registering for first time.
3) If you need to add players to your family, do so here. Otherwise click green "continue" button
4) Click the first player you'd like to register.
5) select either Travel or In-house from the drop down menu. In House is only available for kids born from 2008-2014. Travel players wanting to play both travel AND in house need to register for Travel and the club will manually add eligible players to the in house player pool.
6) if you plan on ordering a uniform, select the desired sizes in the below boxes. If you are NOT ordering uniforms, disregard these boxes. **Note - information will be for both In-House AND travel but travel uniform charge does not include shorts or socks.** If the player you are currently registering is the only family member that needs registered, click the green "save and next page" link. If you need to register another family member, click the blue "save and register another" button and repeat steps 4 through 6
7) accept the waiver of liability and click green "agree and continue"
8) Review your order and submit payment. Notice that there is an adjustable check mark box next to the line item for the "uniform fee". if you do NOT need a uniform, un-check this box to remove the charge before checking out.
West Mifflin Soccer Club Meet and Greet / Open House
The soccer club Board of Directors will be holding a Meet and Greet / Open House on Sunday evening May 20th at the Skyview Firehall from 6-7 pm.
We hope you'll consider joining us to learn more about the club, visions that we see for the near future and to discuss areas where we need additional volunteers. The idea will be to hold a Town Hall style event where we can present current events and programs, share insight into future plans and then open up the floor for a discussion and Q &A session. The club will only get better with the insight of everyone. Please plan on joining us and letting us know what works and what doesn't so we can make the necessary changes needed to continue to offer the very best opportunities for the kids.
Edinboro Tournament Dates Announced for Spring Travel Teams
PAWest has announced the dates and classifications for the 2018 PAWest Open Tournament. This tournament is something that the West Mifflin Soccer Club pays for their travel teams to attend. We would like to see all players and teams attend this tournament. Please reserve these dates to avoid conflicts with vacations, graduation parties, etc
The West Mifflin Soccer Club will field 5 travel teams this spring. U10 Coed, U11 Coed, U13 Coed, U14 Coed and a U17 Boys team.
As we continue to advance the club in terms of enrollment, we need to continue to advance it in other areas as well.
One of those areas is by drastically increasing our pool of officials for not only out in house program but more specifically our travel program.
As a whole, PAWest is experiencing a severe strain on their pool of certified officials. As a club, we don't do a very good job of supporting their cause of providing certified officials for travel games throughout the region. As we continue to see more and more interest in travel soccer, specifically among our club in particular, we would like to create a group of people who would be interested in becoming an official and officiating games. The immediate desire would be to be available to assist with WMSC travel games but you'd also be able to officiate games for other local clubs as well if you so desired.
These officials are **PAID**, and fairly well. Pay ranges from $25/game to work as a linesman for a U10 travel game to $55/game to be the center referee on the oldest U18/19 games. Many times you'd work 2-3 games per sunday.
There is a Summer certification class on June 30th. Follow the below link for more information
West Mifflin Soccer Club Board of Directors
All, as part of our reorganization we are committed to a more open line of communication with parents, coaches and players. It is for this reason that we will be holding monthly member meetings following our board meeting. Meetings will be held on the second Sunday of the month at 7pm. Meetings will be held at Skyview Firehall. Please plan on attending. This will be the first opportunity to get information first hand and will give everyone a platform to be able to have open discussions about the club. Our first meeting. Will be Sunday November 8th.
See everyone there!
All volunteers of West Mifflin Soccer Club, in compliance with PA State law, must complete and pass the required Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI clearances.
To complete these clearances please follow the directions on the link below. Please be sure to complete ALL 3 clearances listed under the "volunteers" section of the page. These clearances will now be valid for 3 years as opposed to the prior 2 years.