York Thunder AAU Basketball is for the serious basketball player. Practices will be devoted to the development of individual skills as well as team play. Players from all school districts are invited to try out. You will be a better player at the conclusion of the York Thunder season.
*For 2014 we will field teams in the following grade levels (Heach Coach included)
Girls 4th (Hunter Elliott), 7th White (Missy Glass), 7th Black (Terry Fancher), 8th (Mark Miller), 9th (Wayne McCullough), 10th (Gerry Rohrbaugh), 11th (Darrell Wildasin)
Boys 5th (Jason Meckley), 6th Dave Waltrup & Tod Trorrer), 7th (Tony Miller), 8th (Greg Freese), 9th Black (Vince Verzolini), 9th White Bob Dean
* Each team will practice 2 two days per week (7:30-9:00pm)
* Target is for each team to participate in a minimum of 5 tournaments and 20 games. The final tournament schedule will be decided by each team's head coach.
* Coaching staff to consist primarily of current high school coaches and former college players
* Former York Thunder players who have played college basketball: Mark Gerhart (West Chester University), Brad Zerfing (York College), Brandon Bushey (York College), Chad McGowan (York College), Terry Smith (Widener University), Quinn McCullough (Messiah College), Ben Cable (Elizabethtown), Chase McGowan (Penn State-York), Alex Fancher (Valley Forge Military College), Luke Cable (Messiah College) & Tommy Patterson
* Former York Thunder players who have committed to a college or university to play in 2014-2015 an 2015-2016: Makenzie Fancher (Christopher Newport University), Cami Boehner (Bloomsburg University), Morgan Arden (Shepherd University), Rachael Anstine (Juniata College), Brooke Osborne (Pitt-Bradford University), Jessica Voltaggio (Muhlenberg College), Morgan Kuehne (York College), Morgan Thomas (Bloomsburg University), Maddie Comly (Farleigh Dickinson) and Amari Johnson (Rhode Island.)
* The York Thunder program is a member of the American Athletic Union (AAU) Club Code WW3BT9.
*Tryouts will be held the weeks of March 17th. Practices will run through early June for most teams.
*Cost Estimate - $385.00 (including $25.00 non-refundable application fee, $50.00 after March 1st)
*Fees to include: All tournament fees, AAU membership and practice jersey. (If you need a uniform, the estimated cost is $135.00 including full home and away uniforms and shooting shirt, and is in addition to the registration fee.) Please note that York Thunder does not carry insurance for the players. Players are warned that they accept the risk of injury.
*Please complete registration on-line at yorkthunder.com. The $25.00 (or $50.00 after 3/1) non-refundable registration can either be mailed to 14264 Ingham Road New Freedom, PA 17349, or paid in-person at the 2/23 registration meeting. Registration needs to be completed and the fee paid by 3/1/11. After 3/1/11, the registration fee will increase to $50.00 and tryout spots will be subject to availability.
*Questions can be directed to Terry Fancher at 717-235-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.