Last Updated: January 29, 2015
York Thunder AAU Basketball
The 2015 York Thunder AAU information meeting will be held Sunday, February 22nd at 7:30pm in the Susquehannock High School main gym.
York Thunder AAU Basketball overview:
*York Thunder is planning to field the teams listed below in 2015. If you are interested in coaching a York Thunder team for a grade level not listed below please contact us.
* Each team will practice 2 two days per week (7:30-9:00pm)
* Each team's tournament schedule and length of AAU Season will be decided by its head coach
* York Thunder's Coaches consist primarily of current and former college and high school coaches and players
* Former York Thunder players who have played college basketball: Mark Gerhart (West Chester University), Brad Zerfing (York College), Brandon Bushey (York College), Chad McGowan (York College), Terry Smith (Widener University), Quinn McCullough (Messiah College), Ben Cable (Elizabethtown), Chase McGowan (Penn State-York), Alex Fancher (Valley Forge Military College), Luke Cable (Messiah College) Tommy Patterson (Millersville University), Makenzie Fancher (Christopher Newport University), Cami Boehner (Bloomsburg University), Morgan Arden (Shepherd University), Rachael Anstine (Juniata College), Brooke Osborne (Pitt-Bradford University), Jessica Voltaggio (Muhlenberg College), Morgan Kuehne (York College), Morgan Thomas (Bloomsburg University), Maddie Comly (Farleigh Dickinson), Amari Johnson (Rhode Island), and Rebecca Isaac (Messiah University.)
* The York Thunder program is a member of the American Athletic Union - 2015 (AAU) Club Code WW6BTW
*Tryouts and Practices will begin the week of March 9th or 16th
*Cost Estimate - The cost for each player will be dependent upon the number and type of tournaments that the team attends. For a team attending (5) tournaments, the cost is estimated at $370.00 which includes the tournament fees and AAU membership. The head coach will advise the parents and players if there is an additional financial obligation due to an extended tournament schedule or if there are plans to attend higher cost tournaments like NCAA Showcase events.
*There is a $25.00 application fee. The $25.00 fee must be paid by 3/1, after that date it increases to $50.00 and is based on team and roster availability.
*If you need a uniform, the estimated cost is $140.00 including full home and away uniforms and shooting shirt, and is in addition to the registration fee.
*If you need a practice jersey, the estimated cost is $18.00.
*York Thunder does not carry insurance for the players. Players are warned that they accept the risk of injury. AAU registration does provide minimal coverage that is in addition to any personal insurance coverage you may have.
*Please complete registration on-line at yorkthunder.com. The $25.00 (or $50.00 after 3/1) non-refundable registration can either be mailed to 14264 Ingham Road New Freedom, PA 17349, or paid in-person at the 2/22/15 registration meeting.
*Questions can be directed to Terry Fancher at 717-235-0188 or firstname.lastname@example.org