YORKTOWNE PATRIOT EQUIPMENT HANDOUT
Times by Squad – please come at the appropriate time based on your childs age as of August 31st
Sunday, July 27th - Cousler Park Equipment Shed
Smurf (5 and 6 year olds) – 1:00 p.m.
Rink (7 and 8 year olds) – 1:45 p.m.
Pony (9 and 10 year olds) – 2:45 p.m.
Midget (11 and 12 year olds) – 3:45 p.m.
- Physical – ALL players need a physical PRIOR to beginning practice on Monday, August 4th – It has to be from this calendar year (meaning from Jan, 2014 – present). You can do one of two things – you can go to your regular doctor for a physical and get a prescription stating that your child is cleared to play football for the 2014 season or you can go to Urgent Care of Med Express who both offer sports physicals for $25. I believe OSS also offers sports physicals for children of a certain age. Either way, your child must have this done prior to Monday, August 4th.
- League Code of Conduct – Form must be read and signed/dated by both player and parent. Due at Equipment Hand out.
- Copy of Birth Certificate – I need a copy of your child’s birth certificate. I do not have the ability at the equipment shed to make a copy so please bring a copy, not the original. Due at Equipment Hand Out.
- Medical and Liability Form – Needs filled out and signed by parent. Due at Equipment Hand Out.
- All outstanding registration fees – Must be paid in full by Sunday, July 27th to receive equipment ($100 to register and balance of $100 paid by cash/check or by fundraising)
At Equipment Hand out:
Player receives and keeps – Practice jersey and mouthguard
Player returns at end of season – Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Game Jersey, Game/Practice Pants, Belt, Knee, Thigh and Tailbone Pads (unless integrated pads are purchased)
Player needs to purchase on his own – Cleats and Cup
Practice – Regular season practice begins Monday, August 4th
Monday, August 4th – Friday, August 8th – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday, August 11th – Friday, August 15th – 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Monday, August 18th – Friday, August 22nd – 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Coach discretion)
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursdays starting Tuesday, August 25th – 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. (Coach discretion)
Games – First regular season game is weekend of Saturday, August 23rd and Sunday, August 24th (We do not have games on Labor Day weekend)
Varsity – All varsity games are either held on Saturday evenings or Sunday afternoons
JV – All JV games are held on Saturday mornings or early afternoon
Smurf – All Smurf games are held on Saturday late morning or early afternoon
**Teams will be divided into Varsity/JV during second/third week of practice
Fundraising – Fundraising will continue throughout the summer. Scentsy fundraiser forms/money are due today at the shed. Next fundraiser will be Joe Corbi’s which will be handed out next Tuesday, July 1st at Cousler Park at 6:00 p.m. at the shed. All fundraising will be completed by equipment hand out.
Youth Night at Central York Football Stadium – Friday, September 26th, 2014
Our annual Youth Night held for YT and EYC Football players and cheerleaders will take place on Friday, September 26th. We will wear our jerseys to this event. All players in their jerseys will get free admission with paid parent. We will line up on the field for pregame and be part of the tunnel the HS varsity football comes out onto the field. Every year our kids and coaches enjoy this event so please mark it on your calendars!
Summer Clinic – Every Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at Cousler Park
We have 5 clinics left prior to the start of the season. Our last clinic will be Tuesday, July 22nd. Please come to as many clinics as possible prior to the start of the season.
Any questions or concern, please feel free to email me. Anyone not being able to attend our one day of Equipment Hand Out, will need to contact me for other arrangements.
Looking forward to another great year of YT Football. We are a family here at YT and enjoy and thank each of you for choosing our organization to participate in! Check out our Facebook page and like the page to get updates on your YT Patriots Football and Cheerleading program!