20 Minute Time Limit for Late Player
When delaying the start of a game waiting for a 9th player to arrive, the following guidelines apply:
- The player should be at the field by 20 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- This does not mean that he has to be ready to start and the game should start by that 20 minutes time period. If a player is at the field, even just getting out of the car, the requirement has been met.
- If the player arrives before you've reached your car / begun removing equipment you should return to the field and begin the game.
- If there is a game time limit (Juniors), that time limit should start from the scheduled game start time not the time of the 1st pitch.
- *If you have already removed the majority of your gear, are already in the car, pass the players car as you're pulling out of the parking lot, there is no requirement to return to the field and begin the game.
We must remain cognizant of the fact that some of these players also play school ball or have other obligations, and their parents work and sometimes run late. We should be making every effort to accommodate not only them, but the other 17+ players, coaches, and parents that are already at the field and ready to play.