Elyria Sweeps the Rangers
Pioneer Varsity beats North Ridgeville 7-4
Elyria JV beats the Rangers 7-2
Both teams improve to 2-1 on the season
- Elyria Pioneers Varsity Clinches Lead In Sixth Inning To Defeat North Ridgeville
- Elyria Pioneers Varsity took the lead late in the game in a 7-4 victory over North Ridgeville on Wednesday. The game was tied at three with Elyria Pioneers Varsity batting in the top of the sixth when Evan Engle singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring two runs.
- In the first inning, North Ridgeville got their offense started when N Kisel singled on a 1-1 count, scoring one run.
- Elyria Pioneers Varsity evened things up at three in the top of the fourth inning. Chris Willisdrove in two when he singled.
- Engle was the winning pitcher for Elyria Pioneers Varsity. He lasted five innings, allowing eight hits and two runs while striking out seven and walking one.
- C Schneller was on the hill for North Ridgeville. He went four innings, allowing three runs on three hits and striking out five. D Wolf and S Vaszi entered the game as relief, throwing two innings and one inning respectively.
- Kevin Reddinger started the game for Elyria Pioneers Varsity. He allowed two hits and two runs over two innings, striking out three
- Elyria Pioneers Varsity saw the ball well today, racking up seven hits in the game. Michael Knapp and Willis all collected multiple hits for Elyria Pioneers Varsity. Willis and Knapp each collected two hits to lead Elyria Pioneers Varsity. Elyria Pioneers Varsity didn't commit a single error in the field. Max Peyton had the most chances in the field with ten.
- North Ridgeville had ten hits in the game. M Richmond, R Marflake, and Kisel each managed multiple hits for North Ridgeville.
- "Powered by Narrative Science and GameChanger Media. Copyright 2019. All rights reserved." Any reuse or republication of this story must include the preceding attribution.