Mississauga Co-Ed 3 Pitch League only permits the use of pure single-walled aluminum bats for league play. Any bats deemed to be multi walled or made of titanium or any composite material is banned from the league for safety reasons. We have compiled a fairly comprehensive list of bats that are legal for use in our league. If anyone has a bat that does not appear on the legal bat list, it will be deemed illegal. If anyone has reason to believe that their bat is a single walled, aluminum bat but does not appear on the list, please bring it Tim's attention. As discussed at recent meetings, each team rep will be responsible to ensure that their players are aware of the rule and its penalties if violated. Team reps should make sure that each player on their team knows where to find the list and is are also responsible for knowing which bats are being used from one game to the next. Umpires in our league will not be informed as to which bats are illegal in our league.
The Idiot's Guide to Buying Singlewalled Bats For Use in Our League
- If a bat costs over $200, it's likely not legal in our league....or it could just mean you've been ripped off. Have Tim West check it out.
- Any bat with any type of shell (EST), core, lining or composite handle, is not a "pure" singlewall bat, and is therefore illegal.
- Any bat that has the word "composite" anywhere on it is illegal.
- Just because it has an ASA stamp on it, does not mean it is legal.
- If a bat says "Exceeds 1.20 BPF" on it, it is illegal.
- There are bats that say "singlewall" right on the barrel, however bat companys will put this on there just to sell their bats to a wider audience. These bats could have some of the characteristics mentioned above, and therefore could not be legal.
- When in doubt, ask before you swing.
Penalty: If a player is caught using an illegal bat, that player will be ejected from the game and their team will be fined $50.00. If caught using an illegal bat a second time, the team will be fined $50, the player and the team rep will be ejected from the game, and the player will be suspended for the next 3 games. If caught using an illegal bat for a 3rd time, their team will be fined $50 and that player will be suspended for the remainder of the season.