CALLS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED FOR ALL 2019-2020 TRAVEL BASKETBALL TEAMS
Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
— Michael Jordan
Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.
— Larry Bird
Everything negative — pressure, challenges — are all an opportunity for me to rise.
— Kobe Bryant
PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LEAGUE WEBSITES FOR SCHEDULES AND STANDINGS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON - WEBSITES ARE LISTED ON THE LINKS TAB
ALL GIRLS: RIVER VALLEY BASKETBALL LEAGUE
ALL BOYS: EASTERN BASKETBALL TRAVEL ASSOCIATION
HOME GAMES ON SATURDAYS ARE AT PEABODY HIGH SCHOOL
HOME GAMES ON SUNDAYS ARE AT THE HIGGINS MIDDLE SCHOOL
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR TEAMS!!
2019-2020 PTBA Information
· Contact Information: Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org;
Please do not contact the Higgins office with questions, as this is not a Higgins team. The travel league is open to all Peabody middle school residents.
· Cost Per Player: $260 per player, family cap $400; Warm up jerseys will be available for purchase for $15.
· Tryouts: There are two tryout sessions for each grade scheduled for the last week of September & first week of October. Attendance is only required at one session to be eligible for a PTBA team, though we encourage players to attend both. Players need to tryout each year to continue on a team.
· Phone Calls: Calls are made at the end of the second week of tryouts to players chosen for a team. There are two teams, White and Blue for boys & girls in each grade. Registration & uniform night will be held in October.
· Pre-Season: Practices throughout November; Payment must be received to begin practice and play.
· Regular Season: Season runs December through March. There is one regular scheduled practice night starting the first week of December, either Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights.
· Games: Home games are at Peabody High School on Saturdays and the Higgins Middle School on Sundays, and begin the first week of December. Please check our website for girls and boys league info and travel areas for away games at www.leaguelineup.com/peabodytravelball/ . There are approx. 16 regular season games, and playoffs take place in March.
· Holiday & Vacation Tournaments: Per discretion of each coach; these costs are not included in the PTBA fee, and are optional.
Peabody Travel Basketball Association
Board of Directors
MEDICAL EXCEPTIONS FOR TRYOUTS
Players not physically able to participate in tryouts should attend the tryout session and sign in. A doctors note and recommendation and/or evaluation from a most recent former coach(es) need to be submitted to the Board before the second tryout session for Coach and evaluator review.
MESSAGE FROM THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
THE PEABODY TRAVEL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS WOULD LIKE TO REMIND ALL PLAYERS AND FAMILIES TO DISPLAY RESPECTFUL BEHAVIOR AT ALL TIMES TOWARDS PLAYERS, COACHES, OFFICIALS, AND FELLOW FANS. ANY INAPPROPIATE BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN GYMS.
REMEMBER WE ARE HERE TO PROMOTE A HEALTHY, POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR BASKETBALL PLAYERS!
RIVER VALLEY ANNOUNCEMENT
The MISSION of the RIVER VALLEY LEAGUE is to provide an opportunity for middle school girls to play competitive Basketball EMPHASIZING GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP while teaching the game of Basketball.
All Spectators are reminded that these young athletes are trying their best for their respective town.
Games are being played for the educational benefit of these girls.
We request that everyone present at our LEAGUE games demonstrate good sportsmanship by RESPECTING ALL players, coaches, referees, and other spectators.
We request that all CHEERING be SUPPORTIVE and all comments be POSITIVE towards ALL PARTICIPANTS.
Thank you for your cooperation.
River Valley League and
The Peabody Travel Basketball Board of Directors