2017 RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TEAM LINE-UP
Reminders/Warnings will be given to both teams BEFORE the start of every game.
During the game, automatic TECHNICAL FOUL, GAME EJECTION and NEXT GAME SUSPENSION will be given to any of the following reasons (but not limited to): trash talking, swearing, arguing with the referees, fighting (in any form). Referees’ discretion will be used.
A player who commits three (3) technical fouls/ejections in the elimination round will automatically be out for the rest of the season. NO EXCEPTIONS – YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
4. DURATION OF THE GAME:
• Continuous 20 minutes for the first half and 24 minutes in the 2nd half except for the last 4 minutes of the second half. (Stop clock on all timeouts).
STOP CLOCK ON SUBSTITUTIONS AND FREE THROWS IN THE LAST 4 MINUTES OF THE SECOND HALF ONLY.
• OVERTIME DURATION: Overtime period is Two (2) minutes stop clock. Penalty shot after 3 fouls. Each team will have one 30 second timeout in overtime period.
• OFFICIAL SUBSTITUTION: *5 MINUTE RULE - Automatic substitution every 5 minutes (2nd 5 or 3rd 5 if applicable) to allow all players to play in the first and second half. It will be coach's decision after.
• On injuries, the substitute will be the player who has not played yet based on the "5 Minute Rule". This rule applies in the 1st half and 2nd half.
· If a player requests to be relieved for various reasons (fatigue, injury, etc.), he may do so during a dead ball situation and by communicating with the referees. Substitutions should be based on the "5 Minute Rule"
· Each team can call for (2) 30 sec. timeouts in the first half and (3) 30 sec. timeouts in the second half.
· Substitutions can also be made at that time.
· Only the coach or the captain ball is allowed to ask for a timeout at the official's table.
· A technical foul will be given to the team who will call a timeout after the allowed numbers of timeouts have been used.
· Two (2) free throws will be given to the other team plus ball possession.
· Injuries and referees timeouts are 20 seconds only.
PLAY-OFFS SEMIS AND FINALS:
· 20 minutes running time in the 1st half
· 20 minutes Stop clock in the 2nd half.
Stop clock for any substitutions and free throws for the duration of game.
• 5 Minutes Rule applies in the 1st half only, 2nd half will be coaches decision.
• For substitution, all players should report to the official's table. Table officials will only allow substitution when there is a dead ball situation.
· There are two (2) timeouts for the 1st half
· Three (3) timeouts for the 2nd half.
· Each timeout is 30 sec.
• OVERTIME DURATION: Overtime period is three (3) minutes stop clock
Ø Penalty shot after 3 fouls. Each team will have one 30 seconds timeout in overtime period. Only the coach or the captain ball is allowed to ask for a timeout at the official's table.
5. SHOT CLOCK:
6. BACKCOURT VIOLATION:
There are shooting and non-shooting fouls. Shooting fouls will result to 2 free throws. Non-shooting fouls are just side out.
After 8th team foul, two (2) free throws will be given to the other team.
Each player is allowed 5 personal fouls.
A technical foul will result to one (1) free throw and ball possession.
Technical fouls will be called for the following reasons (but not limited to): trash talking, swearing, arguing with the referees, fighting (in any form). Referee's discretion will be used.
Refer to Item 3. Tempers/Arguments/Fights for technical fouls and ejection.
Flagrant foul may be called by the referees if the intention of the player is to cause harm or injury to another player.
Flagrant foul will result to the player taken out of the playing court.
One free throw will be given to the other player and ball possession to his team.
The incident will be reviewed by a technical committee composed of representatives from all the teams.
The team rep whose player is the subject of a disciplinary action will be allowed to take part in the discussion but will be asked to abstain in the decision making.
The first flagrant foul of a player may result to a one game suspension.
Two flagrant fouls by the same player may result to the player being suspended for the remainder of the games.
Each team will be given 5 minutes grace period to complete the required number of players (five players).
The team who fails to complete after the 5 minutes grace period will have their game considered as "loss by default".
The final score will be 20 - 0 in favor of the opposing/complete team.
13. TABLE COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS:
YFC’s to be paid as table committee in all the games. YFC will be from the host Chapter but others are also welcome if there are not enough YFC to cover that particular week. Coordination with host team reps required.
14. GENERAL BASKETBALL RULES:
Travelling, over the back fouls, charging fouls, technical fouls, 3 sec. in the paint, 5 sec. to inbound the ball, 10 sec. to bring the ball to half court, and 30 sec. shot clock. 2016 FIBA Basketball Rules will apply if not stated above.
Team Representative is trusted to discuss these rules with his Team before the tournament begins. * Referees will be informed by the Games Committee.
15. POWER PLAY:
Teams shall be required to have a minimum 10 players per game. Teams with less than 10 players AT TIP OFF will only be allowed to play 4 players AFTER THE FIRST 5 MINUTE substitution (5 against 4). Five players will be allowed back after the next 5 minute substitution. This will also take effect in the 2nd half ONLY IF they still have less than 10 players AT START of 2nd half
16. ELIGIBILITY TO PLAY IN PLAYOFFS:
Each player must have played a minimum of 4 games in the elimination round in order for him to be allowed to play in the playoffs, semis & finals. Committee to confirm attendance.
MECHANICS OF THE GAME:
· Single round robin system in the elimination round.
· Playoffs: (Top 8 teams will qualify for Quarter-Finals knock-out game)
· Quarter-Finals: (Bracket 1) #1 vs #8, #4 vs #5
(Bracket 2) #3 vs #6, #2 vs #7
1st game Winners on Bracket 1
2ND game Winners on Bracket 2
1st game - 3rd place L1 vs L2
2nd game – Championship W1 vs W2
In case of a tie between two (2) teams, the winner over the other rule shall apply. In case of three (3) or more ties, the quotient system shall apply. Only the games among themselves shall be considered. QUOTIENT = Points for / Points against.