Ground Rules for ALL Rosedale Baseball Fields
(Authority of Baltimore County Board of Education - Policy 2372).
NO SMOKING ON ANY BASEBALL FIELD.
1. Out of bounds lines are to extend from the end poles of the backstop straight out, parallel to the foul lines.
2. Position of the player, not the ball, determines whether the ball is in play or out of bounds. If a player catches the ball and goes out of bounds, the batter is out and the ball is dead.
3. Any ball bouncing or going through or under a fence is an automatic double (including Red House Run, McCormick, Rosedale Elementary).
4. First and third base coaches will remain in coaching boxes.
5. No spectators or children are ALLOWED BEHIND THE BACKSTOP during games.
6. Only one player in "on deck circle". All other players, manager and coaches must be seated on bench. The only exception is when the manager is warming up a player (pitched and/or catcher) prior to his entry into the game.
7. Rosedale Park - Hill
a. If the ball is hit or over the apex (top) of the hill on a fly, it is a home run.
b. If the ball bounces or rolls over the top of the hill, it is an automatic double.
c. If the ball is touched by the fielder and then proceeds to go over the top, the ball is in play.
d. If the ball rolls or is hit on the hill but does not roll over the top, it is in play.
8. Rosedale Elementary - Lower Diamond, First Base Side Only
Out of bounds will be the fences. Player may play the fences. Ball over fence is out of bounds.