Wrestlers are required to have and wear the following equipment at all practices:
1. Wrestling shoes
2. Wrestling head gear
3. Mouth guard (if wrestlers have braces on teeth)
4. Shorts or sweats
5. T-shirt or sweat shirt
Optional items: soft knee or arm pads/bands/wraps/etc, hair nets.
Please make sure all other extraneous personal items such as jewelry, glasses, belts, watches, etc. are removed before practice.
Please make sure the wrestler's nails are cut.
NOTES ABOUT EQUIPMENT
- LYWC will supply team t-shirts to each registered wrestler. These will be ordered early in the season (probably just after the first practice).
- It is a good idea to have shorts with a drawstring at the waist to prevent shorts from being pulled down.
- It is a good idea to wash practice clothes after every practice so more than one pair is good to have around.
- LYWC sometimes has used shoes that were outgrown by previous wrestlers. Please ask coaches/board members about these if you are interested. They will be brought to the first practice and can be brought to later practices.
- Although shorts and a tucked-in t-shirt can be used for competition, LYWC also has singlets that can be "checked out" for the season. They must be returned at the end of the season.
- Required equipment can be purchased or ordered at Dick's sporting goods.